PDA

View Full Version : All in favor of sitting Sam Adams

alohabillsfan
10-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Who would like to see the coaching staff sit Sam Adams for next week, for 1 he was "largely" in-effective and 2 he disrespected the coaching staff! I say make him in-active and let Tim Anderson play. I also would not be upset if denney was to join sam and see what Ritzman could do?

SABURZFAN
10-18-2004, 10:26 AM
screw that!!!!!!!!play him.

juice
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Who would like to see the coaching staff sit Sam Adams for next week, for 1 he was "largely" in-effective and 2 he disrespected the coaching staff! I say make him in-active and let Tim Anderson play. I also would not be upset if denney was to join sam and see what Ritzman could do?
He made that huge stop for a loss on the goalline.. I say play him.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 10:42 AM
start Edwards but I wouldn't make Adams an inactive

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2004, 10:44 AM
He made that huge stop for a loss on the goalline.. I say play him.
Wasn't that Pat Williams?

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Wasn't that Pat Williams?
it was Pat...

you handle it behind close doors...make him apologize to the team...sit him for a quarter...let him play...

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 11:03 AM
It all depends on how Sam handles it. I expect the coaches will sit down with him to discuss it. I expect Sam will have reflected on what he did and he will apologize. If he does, I'm ok with a fine and bench him the first quarter or something of the Ravens game.

If he's belligerent that's another story entirely, but let's wait and see because I really doubt that will be the case. I have confidence MM will handle this well for the best interests of the whole team, including Sam.

TedMock
10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
I agree. Take care of it behind closed doors and wait to see how he handles things. Football's and emotional game, especially if you're not playing well. I bet that they talk it over, apologize, shake hands, and Adams plays a great game in Baltimore. The guy has been a good pickup for us, so I'm not willing to cut him over one act of stupidity. If he does it again, then I might change my mind. As of now, the goods have outweighed the bads.

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I think getting chewed out in front of 72,000 people and it being a story in the news is sufficient enough for a player of Adams caliber and will be a closed matter after this week. I don't see TKO, Milloy, Vincent or Fletcher just standing by. I bet they have a talk with him and get this issue resolved.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't see TKO, Milloy, Vincent or Fletcher just standing by. I bet they have a talk with him and get this issue resolved.I know I heard Fletcher was doing just that on the sidelines.

Michael82
10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree. Take care of it behind closed doors and wait to see how he handles things. Football's and emotional game, especially if you're not playing well. I bet that they talk it over, apologize, shake hands, and Adams plays a great game in Baltimore. The guy has been a good pickup for us, so I'm not willing to cut him over one act of stupidity. If he does it again, then I might change my mind. As of now, the goods have outweighed the bads.
The problem is...this hasn't been the first time. Adams has fought with both Gray and Krumrie other times this season. I just hasn't gotten this bad before. But it has happened.

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 11:42 AM
I know I heard Fletcher was doing just that on the sidelines.

Good to hear. Was this reported on the radio?

BAM
10-18-2004, 11:43 AM
No way I sit Sam Adams, the guy is a beast and hasn't played bad at all so far this year!

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 11:44 AM
The problem is...this hasn't been the first time. Adams has fought with both Gray and Krumrie other times this season. I just hasn't gotten this bad before. But it has happened.

Haven't heard about this, when?

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Good to hear. Was this reported on the radio?
yeah...someone called in to the radio (I think it was 97Rock) who was sitting behind the Bills bench...saw Fletcher talking to Adams one on one after the outburst

Ebenezer
10-18-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah...someone called in to the radio (I think it was 97Rock) who was sitting behind the Bills bench...saw Fletcher talking to Adams one on one after the outburst
Paul Hamilton noted that Jennings talked Sam Adams into putting on his helmet and standing with the defensive backups while the defense was on still on the field.

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Paul Hamilton noted that Jennings talked Sam Adams into putting on his helmet and standing with the defensive backups while the defense was on still on the field.

:shocked: Go Jennings!!!

Michael82
10-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Haven't heard about this, when?
Paul Hamilton, WGR's Bills Beat Reporter said that it has happened at one other home game this year and apparently, he had some problems with Krumrie last year too.

McBFLO
10-18-2004, 01:41 PM
You want to send a message? You sit him for one game. Cutting Shaw IMO didn't do a thing. Adams is one of the bigger names on the team. He basically pulled a T.O. on the coaching staff, not to mention he hasn't been playing all that well. Then you add in the fact that Edwards had such a good game? It's a no-brainer to me. Sit him for one game. That'll tell the rest of the team that this staff means business and wont accept that kind of behavior.

Michael82
10-18-2004, 01:47 PM
You want to send a message? You sit him for one game. Cutting Shaw IMO didn't do a thing. Adams is one of the bigger names on the team. He basically pulled a T.O. on the coaching staff, not to mention he hasn't been playing all that well. Then you add in the fact that Edwards had such a good game? It's a no-brainer to me. Sit him for one game. That'll tell the rest of the team that this staff means business and wont accept that kind of behavior.
Good post. and fine him for that game too. :snicker:

askabry
10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't care a whit about the player's ability. Not a single bit.

Edwards outplayed Sam in his only shot yesterday. The Dolphins running game stopped completely when Sam was out; and we got two sacks from a defensive tackle (canyou remember a time that has happened?). Not to mention there we weren't treated to "ENCROACHMENT, BUFFALO: NUMBER 95" once. For the first time this year, the defense helped a lead stand up and oh by the way Sam Adams wasn't on the field for it. All of that aside ...

This team plays with complete lack of discipline, and has for four gdamned years. Most of the lack of discipline comes from the friggin' defense of which Big Sam is such a vaunted member.

At the least, I'd think the guy should sit. This is a team one game removed from being winless, and that one win was accomplished mostly without Sam Adams. If Mularkey and Krumrie see it differently, well that's their decision and I'd respect it right up to the point that the team plays without discipline again. But let's see ... we've got a defensive captain that kicks the ball after the coach tells him not to, and a tackle refusing to get off the field and then screaming at his coaches.

Sounds like we're running a helluva ship. Heck. Let'm play. Why show we have a backbone now?

alohabillsfan
10-19-2004, 05:30 AM
I don't care a whit about the player's ability. Not a single bit.

Edwards outplayed Sam in his only shot yesterday. The Dolphins running game stopped completely when Sam was out; and we got two sacks from a defensive tackle (canyou remember a time that has happened?). Not to mention there we weren't treated to "ENCROACHMENT, BUFFALO: NUMBER 95" once. For the first time this year, the defense helped a lead stand up and oh by the way Sam Adams wasn't on the field for it. All of that aside ...

This team plays with complete lack of discipline, and has for four gdamned years. Most of the lack of discipline comes from the friggin' defense of which Big Sam is such a vaunted member.

At the least, I'd think the guy should sit. This is a team one game removed from being winless, and that one win was accomplished mostly without Sam Adams. If Mularkey and Krumrie see it differently, well that's their decision and I'd respect it right up to the point that the team plays without discipline again. But let's see ... we've got a defensive captain that kicks the ball after the coach tells him not to, and a tackle refusing to get off the field and then screaming at his coaches.

Sounds like we're running a helluva ship. Heck. Let'm play. Why show we have a backbone now?

My thoughts exactly. You hit the nail on the head with the relationship to discipline! Time to be the "HEAD" coach!

askabry
10-19-2004, 06:34 AM
I guess we know how Mularkey's going to handle it; from inside the closed doors. Fine I guess; but the very problem with saying "heat of the moment" is that is EXACTLY what happens on the field.

In the "heat of the moment" ...
~Fletcher kicks a ball
~Moulds gets a PF on the sidelines
~Sam doesn't get off the field
~we get consecutive penalties on defense

Controlling yourself is a big part of the game.