PDA

View Full Version : Bring on Baltimore...

RedEyE
10-18-2004, 11:50 AM
On October 24th, Buffalo will once again find themselves facing yet another team able to utilize their BYE week to prepare for the Bills. Although Baltimore faces their own challenges and struggles within their own division, it's too difficult to dilute the intensity of this youthful Ravens team.

After losing a tough Sunday Night game to the Chiefs last week, Ray Lewis and his crushing defense will welcome Buffalo's struggling O with open arms. Fortuantely for Buffalo, the Ravens offense will have a few woes of it's own this Sunday. Jamal Lewis will be missing the first game against Buffalo in a 2 game NFL suspension, and it now appears that Todd Heap will also not be able to go against the Bills. Heap has been dealing with an ankle sprain, and although he was able to run some yesterday (during a light workout), neither Heap or Coach Billick are confident that he'll be healthy enough for a return against the 1-4 Bills. Heap will be reevaluated on Wed.

BAM
10-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Bring on the birds! http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif

don137
10-18-2004, 12:15 PM
The Birds are right for plucking with Heap and Jamal Lewis out. The key is turnovers and try to tire out the Ravens defense with long drives.

With the Cardinals and Jets at home after this game the Bills could save the season with a big win in Baltimore...

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2004, 12:42 PM
The key is turnovers and try to tire out the Ravens defense with long drives.
:rofl: Long offensive drives? Are you sure you're talking about OUR offense?

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
:rofl: Long offensive drives? Are you sure you're talking about OUR offense?
well..the last drive of the day yesterday... :;

TigerJ
10-18-2004, 01:04 PM
I get a little tired of the NFL every scheduling extra games for the Bills versus teams coming off their bye. This year, Buffalo came off their bye to play NE which, surprise, was also coming off it's bye week. The law of averages says teams on average should face no more than one team coming off its bye. This year, besides NE, Buffalo has the Ravens. Last year I think Buffalo faced three teams coming off their bye. Given that the bye week gives a team extra time to game plan and recover from injury, it isn't exactly fair.

The Ravens will be a tougher opponent than Miami to be sure, though the unavailability of Jamal lewis is a huge factor in Buffalo's favor.

EDS
10-18-2004, 02:33 PM
This is a winnable game for the Bills because the Ravens offense is far worse then the Bills offense. Now the Ravens D is awesome, so it will be tought for the Bills, but it is a winnable game.

HAMMER
10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Very winnable game, the Chiefs showed the formula for success which I love. Run right at Ray Lewis. His biggest asset is his ability to chase players down, take Shelton and a lineman and pancake his azz. I am hyped for this game. I wish to some extent J. Lewis was playing because I always want to beat teams when they are at full strength. But we sure could use the win so....

Throne Logic
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
The Raven's Offense is better than Miami's, even without Jamal Lewis. Buffalo struggled way too much to keep Miami's Offense at bay. Plus we're going on the road, something that Drew and company have particularly struggled with over the past two seasons.

Now, of all the teams in the league, there is no defense more capable of pickup up slack than Baltimore's D. You can expect Ray Lewis' crew (and they are HIS crew) to come out mean and fired up in front of the home croud. They lost their last game and had two weeks to think about that. They've got a top-notch secondary that's going to give Buffalo's receiving corp fits. That's most likely going to translate into a frustrated and, therefore, a mistake prone Drew Bledsoe.

Our only hope is with the running game. If Travis and Willis can grind out yards like Willis did against Miami, Buffalo has a shot.

Don't expect the combined scoring to top 15 points in this one, unless the Defenses kick in with some points of their own.

RedEyE
10-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Ravens D could real get nasty against the Bills O.

Bledsoe was only sacked once in Miami (suprisingly) and if the Bills can hold off Baltimore the same way, I think they can take this game.

Keys to success:

1) Score early and deflate the Ravens defensive confidence. Without Heap and Lewis they'll have a hard time coming from behind to find a win.

2) Drive it home with Henry and McGahee. Let the two of them spell one another. The back making more head way should retain most of the carries. Ray Lewis and his boys are strong, but even they will tire easily attempting to stop two fresh backs.

3) Most importantly, protect Drew. The OL needs to hold onto a little of what they did against Miami. If they can keep the sack count down to 2 maybe three, then Buffalo should take this game.

4) Stop the run. Just because the Ravens are without Jamal Lewis doesn't mean that they are going to stop running the ball. They'll be looking to give the Bills a taste of their own medicine, repeatedly shoving the ball down the throats of the Bills D. Hold 'em off and make the Ravens have to use their passing game.

BuffaloWings51
10-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Ravens, 24-3. You will not see an offensive touchdown scored in this game

Mr. Cynical
10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Drew better strap a mattress on his back because he won't be upright for more than 10 secs for the entire game. :snicker:

Put it this way, if Drew and Co. score 2 TDs against the Ravens D, I will officially jump on the bandwagon. :D

ScottLawrence
10-18-2004, 04:52 PM
I get a little tired of the NFL every scheduling extra games for the Bills versus teams coming off their bye. This year, Buffalo came off their bye to play NE which, surprise, was also coming off it's bye week. The law of averages says teams on average should face no more than one team coming off its bye. This year, besides NE, Buffalo has the Ravens. Last year I think Buffalo faced three teams coming off their bye. Given that the bye week gives a team extra time to game plan and recover from injury, it isn't exactly fair.

The Ravens will be a tougher opponent than Miami to be sure, though the unavailability of Jamal lewis is a huge factor in Buffalo's favor.

Why is that?

We couldn't even stop our former special teams captian in Sammy Morris, what makes you think we can stop Chester Taylor or whomever is starting?

G. Host
10-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Drew better strap a mattress on his back because he won't be upright for more than 10 secs for the entire game. :snicker:

Put it this way, if Drew and Co. score 2 TDs against the Ravens D, I will officially jump on the bandwagon. :D

Nahhh. If it happens you will show your true Colors and say the Zebras gave them a TD or give some other excuse.

Hemlepp53
10-18-2004, 10:59 PM
I Agree we should win this game if we go about it right. We do need to protect Drew and Give Him Time To Find Lee And Eric for some long strech completion, but to do this we need to tire out the LB's and DB by running the ball and play action passes. Keep them on the hustle for the first half or so and then give drew the oppertunity to open up and go deep for the HUGE gains. We need to exploit the fact we have a seriously desiel run game... I dont see why we cant have a 200+ yard game on the ground against any team we play forward....

Demon
10-19-2004, 12:14 AM
i hope Ray Lewis doesn't kill Drew............ :pray:

Mr. Cynical
10-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Nahhh. If it happens you will show your true Colors and say the Zebras gave them a TD or give some other excuse.
Nothing to do with Colors...if that happens and the refs do blow a call, then yes, I will not jump on the wagon. They have to earn it to make me a believer.

G. Host
10-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Nothing to do with Colors...if that happens and the refs do blow a call, then yes, I will not jump on the wagon. They have to earn it to make me a believer.

Oh so THEN you will jump on bandwagon.
They did a commercial of those type of fans I believe.