PDA

View Full Version : Can Miami go 0-16?

Patrick76777
10-18-2004, 12:32 PM
The offense is terrible but the defense is really keeping them in games. I hate to think what happens if they have another December meltdown. Can the D keep playing tough every week knowing that not only will the O not score but they’ll probably give a TD to the other team. Let’s see how far they can go.

1. St. Louis – 0-7
2. @NYJ on Monday night – 0-8
3. Arizona – At home, could be their best shot, but Arizona is playing better under Green
4. Bye – They can’t lose
5. @Seattle – LOSS
6. @San Fran – 9ers are playing well, and it’s a long trip for the fins
7. Buffalo – Can we beat them again
8. @ Denver – LOSS
9. NE – LOSS
10. Cleveland – Another possible win for Miami. Cleveland is gritty but I think the Phins could win.
11. @ Baltimore – Balt D will score 5 TD’s in this game, LOSS!

Best chances for a Miami win. Arizona, @SF, Buffalo and Cleveland.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Just gotta think positive

0-16 Fish has a nice ring to it!!

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2004, 12:35 PM
I wonder if they do go 0-16, will the 04 Dolphins pop some champaign every time a winless team finally wins? :D

Jeff1220
10-18-2004, 12:38 PM
I wonder if they do go 0-16, will the 04 Dolphins pop some champaign every time a winless team finally wins? :D
:roflmao: I was thinking the same thing right before I read your post.
It would be pretty ironic if the team that celebrates the only undefeated season becomes the team to hope each year that someone else goes winless.

Patrick76777
10-18-2004, 12:42 PM

LMAO

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Just gotta think positive

0-16 Fish has a nice ring to it!!
I sure hope a 0-16 season will cancel out the 1972 undefeated season, so we won't ever have to hear about that :curse: again.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I sure hope a 0-16 season will cancel out the 1972 undefeated season, so we won't ever have to hear about that :curse: again.
anytime they bring up 72, we can bring up 2004 :D

Jayhawk
10-18-2004, 04:04 PM
hell might freeze over if that happens.

RedEyE
10-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I'd love to see it happen, but I think that they'll find a win eventually.

BuffaloWings51
10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Using past seasons as a good indicator, if they don't get a win by Dec 1, they're screwed

Samphin1
10-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Using past seasons as a good indicator, if they don't get a win by Dec 1, they're screwed

I seem to remember beating the Bills last December, but reality probably has no spot for this thread.

I don't think they go 0-16. I think they can get past Arizona, San Francisco, Buffalo and the Browns. I expect them to pull off at least one other win that will be unexpected in the late weeks. We have been in eveyr last game and the O-line is slightly improving week by week. The QB play and Coaching is awful, but at least ONCE this year, something will lcick and Miami will iwn a game.

No chance of ever hearing less about the 1972 season unless another team DUPLICATES that. Besides, if we bring up 1972 and you countered with 2004, we can just counter the 70's, or a picture of the Bills Lombarid Trophy cabinet ( see: empty ). See? We have plenty of ammo left. :)

Crisis
10-18-2004, 07:29 PM
I seem to remember beating the Bills last December, but reality probably has no spot for this thread.

I don't think they go 0-16. I think they can get past Arizona, San Francisco, Buffalo and the Browns. I expect them to pull off at least one other win that will be unexpected in the late weeks. We have been in eveyr last game and the O-line is slightly improving week by week. The QB play and Coaching is awful, but at least ONCE this year, something will lcick and Miami will iwn a game.

No chance of ever hearing less about the 1972 season unless another team DUPLICATES that. Besides, if we bring up 1972 and you countered with 2004, we can just counter the 70's, or a picture of the Bills Lombarid Trophy cabinet ( see: empty ). See? We have plenty of ammo left. :)

I'd just show the Dolphin's Lombardi trophy in the dead Dolphin owner's casket.

don137
10-18-2004, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Samphin1]I seem to remember beating the Bills last December, but reality probably has no spot for this thread.

I don't think they go 0-16. I think they can get past Arizona, San Francisco, Buffalo and the Browns. I expect them to pull off at least one other win that will be unexpected in the late weeks. QUOTE]

That would mean based on your projections the fins would go 5-5 the rest of the way...I just don't see that happening...

Jayhawk
10-18-2004, 07:39 PM
^ ah there's a perfect response!

BuffaloWings51
10-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Whatever happened to those really gay orange unis that the phins rolled out last year ?

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 08:43 PM
anytime they bring up 72, we can bring up 2004 :D

:roflmao: That would be so awesome!

OpIv37
10-18-2004, 09:34 PM

Samphin, why would you want that to happen? Even if the Dolphins win the rest of their games, they won't win the AFCE and they might not even get a wildcard at 10-6. Face it- the season's a wash. 1 or 2 wins to save face, maybe, but I'd be hoping for that #1 overall draft pick at this point.

We traded our first round pick to the Cowboys, so even though Buffalo's pretty much out of the playoff hunt already, each victory sticks it to the 'Boys and reduces the price we paid for Losman.

ROBERT
10-18-2004, 11:30 PM
BITE YOUR TONGUE GOD FORBID THE DOLPHINS WIN A GAME. THIS IS THE GREATEST SEASON FOR ME A PACKER FAN LIVING IN FISH COUNTRY. THESE PEOPLE HERE ARE GASPING FOR AIR AND I'M HOLDING THERE HEADS UNDER THE WATER.LET THEM SUFFER.

Samphin1
10-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Samphin, why would you want that to happen? Even if the Dolphins win the rest of their games, they won't win the AFCE and they might not even get a wildcard at 10-6. Face it- the season's a wash. 1 or 2 wins to save face, maybe, but I'd be hoping for that #1 overall draft pick at this point.

We traded our first round pick to the Cowboys, so even though Buffalo's pretty much out of the playoff hunt already, each victory sticks it to the 'Boys and reduces the price we paid for Losman.

Because there is something to be said for not quitting. If they play their damnedest and lose 13 games, so be it, but by no means should they give up or not show up (save the the Ricky Williams and chidi jokes please ) just to get the number one pick.

BTW, you guys are doing a bang up job "sticking it" to Dallas. At this rate, the Cowpokes will have the seocnd or third overall pick.

Cntrygal
10-19-2004, 06:39 AM
BITE YOUR TONGUE GOD FORBID THE DOLPHINS WIN A GAME. THIS IS THE GREATEST SEASON FOR ME A PACKER FAN LIVING IN FISH COUNTRY. THESE PEOPLE HERE ARE GASPING FOR AIR AND I'M HOLDING THERE HEADS UNDER THE WATER.LET THEM SUFFER.

I had an image of floundering fish gasping for air. :rofl:

and btw...

Welcome to the Zone!!!

ryjam282
10-19-2004, 07:22 AM
No, they can't lose every game.

They still have to play the 9ers and Cards.....