PDA

View Full Version : "Travis Henry remains the #1 back" - Mike Mularkey

Michael82
10-18-2004, 02:35 PM
According to Jeff Morrison from Empire....

Mike Mularkey said that Travis Henry will be the starting Running Back when he is healthy again.

Michael82
10-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Confirmed by V-Coach.

Head Coach Mike Mularkey said on Monday that Travis Henry will remain the starting running back when he returns from foot injury.

The_Philster
10-18-2004, 02:37 PM
I can live with that...I just want to see Willis get more touches than he did earlier in the season

lordofgun
10-18-2004, 02:46 PM
I agree with Mularkey. I'd rather see the less-talented back in there. What a bonehead.

Michael82
10-18-2004, 02:47 PM
I can live with that...I just want to see Willis get more touches than he did earlier in the season
I agree. I want to see the carries get split between the two now. Start Henry, but if he isn't getting anything done...then don't hesitate. Bench him and put in Willis McGahee.

Michael82
I agree with Mularkey. I'd rather see the less-talented back in there. What a bonehead.
:rofl:

lordofgun
The future is now. There is no reason to start Henry.

BuffaloWings51
10-18-2004, 02:49 PM
I hear Travis signed a promotional deal with Citgo...

"I go to Citgo when I need to pick a little something up on the way home"

justasportsfan
10-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Good move actually. TH should realize after Sunday that he needs to get his probowl form back. And once he does or comes close to it, trade value goes up. WM is basically a rookie so he needs to get in there slowly but surely.

HAMMER
10-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Moo is doing the right thing for now, when Henry is 100% he should start and Moo should split their time and pound teams into the ground. It doesn't have to be one way or the other right now. If McGahee outshines then you make the switch on the starter designation.

Why does this have to be such a big deal with everyone? We have two good backs, be happy, very happy.

EDS
10-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Moo is doing the right thing for now, when Henry is 100% he should start and Moo should split their time and pound teams into the ground. It doesn't have to be one way or the other right now. If McGahee outshines then you make the switch on the starter designation.

Why does this have to be such a big deal with everyone? We have two good backs, be happy, very happy.

Agreed.

BuffaloWings51
10-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah, but I've got McGahee on my FFL team. I hope Henry gets hit by a bus.

Hemlepp53
10-18-2004, 03:22 PM

Agreed 100% and Henry And Willis know this. Travis knows that if he doesnt produce what is needed or expected he will be benched. I am sure after Sundays ground attack with McGahee being a positive outcome there wont be much hesitation in throwing them into the mixer. I like Travis he has the Heart of a Warrior but bottom line is he like everyone else needs to EARN the role of a starter on this and every team. I watched the PC clip this morning of Drew, MM, And Willis. I was Impressed with Willis he said Travis is the starter and he just wanted to show what he can do. And BOY OH BOY I SURE LIKED WHAT I SAW!!!

finsrclowns
10-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Is Henry expected back this week? If not and we win again against the Ravens with WM playing well MM may have to retract what he said. That would be what is called a trend. In case you're scoring at home that would be T Hen 0-4, WM 2-0. :scratch:

HAMMER
10-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but I've got McGahee on my FFL team. I hope Henry gets hit by a bus.

This is the reason I can't get involved with fantasy football. This drives me nuts!

Mr. Cynical
10-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Well this proves either one of two things:

1. Mularkey is an idiot
2. TH has pictures of TD and MM doing the nasty in the Jim Kelly Club

I hope it is #2 because otherwise we're screwed.

DraftBoy
10-18-2004, 04:27 PM
So essentially we are back at square one before week 1 when we were hyped up to see Henry and McGahee SHARE the carries but that never happened in any sort of fair manner. So now MM comes on and says that Henry is still the starter and nothing has changed? Awesome, glad to see we are back on the right track after our win!

mybills
10-18-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad I didn't jump on that band wagon yesterday! I'd be depressed right now! :snicker:

FTG
10-18-2004, 05:39 PM
He had better hope Henry performs or he is going to look like a fool.

Turf
10-18-2004, 05:51 PM
And the player coddling continues....

RedEyE
10-18-2004, 06:22 PM
This was to be expected.

LABillsFan
10-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Should the Bills start Ron Edwards instead of Sam Adams? Edwards is a big reason why the Bills won, I don't hear anyone calling for a change there. The fact is Henry was hurt and WM had a good game. I am a WM fan way more than a TH fan but the fact is it's Henry's job to lose and 1 game doesn't warrent making a change that could hurt TH even more. It's the right call. Let TH start and give WM a few more touches If TH faulters leave WM in.

TigerJ
10-18-2004, 08:34 PM
I agree with Redeye, that this was to be expected. Mularkey is old school, I suspect. Old school says you don't lose a starting role because of injury. I probably would start McGahee if I were the coach, but I can live with Mularkey's decision as long as McGahee gets some playing time, particularly if Henry is struggling.

alohabillsfan
10-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I don't care how many times he trips or stumbles on short yardage situations, I don't care how many passes he drops or blocks he misses and finally I don't care how many games we lose he is our starter! :cry:

Good call MIKE! You are the Greatest! How about a bonus for Sam Adams! Wait I think you should wait until you review the film! Or is that only after losses? :scratch: