PDA

View Full Version : FYI

lordofgun
10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm starting to think Mike Mularkey is an idiot.

LtBillsFan66
10-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Why?

lordofgun
10-19-2004, 09:22 AM
He refuses to start the better running back.

BAM
10-19-2004, 09:23 AM
It's a very fixable mistake though, he just needs to execute better.

LtBillsFan66
10-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Maybe he'll give Henry a few carries then replace him. I'm waiting on this one.

ShadowHawk7
10-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Geez, one good game for McGahee, and your calling for Henry's head? Let's see him string 3 more preformances like that in the next 4 weeks, and then I may agree with you. Henry has rushed for over 2700 yards in the last two seasons overcoming injuries and a bad Oline, I'm not giving up on him yet, and you guys shouldn't either. :gobills: Even Mcgahee understands his position better than some of you.

carybillsfan
10-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Geez, one good game for McGahee, and your calling for Henry's head? Let's see him string 3 more preformances like that in the next 4 weeks, and then I may agree with you. Henry has rushed for over 2700 yards in the last two seasons overcoming injuries and a bad Oline, I'm not giving up on him yet, and you guys shouldn't either. :gobills: Even Mcgahee understands his position better than some of you.

I don't care what Henry HAS DONE IN THE PAST, football is a game about winning now and after his first 4 performances this year, I continue to say bench him. Go with the guy who's hot. I remember a team a few years back who replaced their qb when their former 1st pick overall got hurt...that seemed to turn out okay, 2 championships later.

Lets go Willis!!! Henry has never been better than average, why go with ordinary when you could have extraordinary on the bench.

lordofgun
10-19-2004, 12:45 PM
McGahee is better...period. That's why he should play.

clumping platelets
10-19-2004, 12:50 PM
McGahee is better...period. That's why he should play.

You have McGahee in how many FF leagues?

northernbillfan
10-19-2004, 01:00 PM
That's why it's important to "rest" Henry this week and see what McGahee can do against a better team.

justasportsfan
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
He refuses to start the better running back.

Henry carries the ball on the 1st run play and then it's all WM for the rest of the game . That would mean TH is the starter no?

The_Philster
10-19-2004, 03:34 PM
You have McGahee in how many FF leagues?
:spit: :tap:

TedMock
10-20-2004, 12:39 PM
That's why it's important to "rest" Henry this week and see what McGahee can do against a better team.

Wasn't Miami's defense ranked 2nd or 3rd going into last week? Albeit their pass defense is more the reason for the high ranking than their run-D. What's scary about Balitimore is that they can score on defense. They just seem to have big-play guys all over the field.

Tatonka
10-20-2004, 12:41 PM
if drew throws ducks against ed reed and ray lewis they will be eaten up and taken in for 6..

if drew plays well against this defense, i will give him the credit he deserves. but if he turns the ball over more than he scores.. i will start 10 more threads about him being a POS.

Tatonka
10-20-2004, 12:42 PM
worst thing is.. i know drew will blow it against this defense.

Drive 4 Five
10-20-2004, 02:10 PM
McGahee is clearly the better back regardless of what all the dumb ass fantasy football analysts think. Just consider this little fact: That performance was the highest rushing total by a Bills back in seven consecutive games! I could care less about Mcgahee's ranking in fantasy football, I want the Bills to win some games. Call it reality football league!

lordofgun
10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
McGahee is clearly the better back regardless of what all the dumb ass fantasy football analysts think. Just consider this little fact: That performance was the highest rushing total by a Bills back in seven consecutive games! I could care less about Mcgahee's ranking in fantasy football, I want the Bills to win some games. Call it reality football league!
Amen, brutha!

Hemlepp53
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
McGahee is clearly the better back regardless of what all the dumb ass fantasy football analysts think......... I could care less about Mcgahee's ranking in fantasy football, I want the Bills to win some games. Call it reality football league!

Agreed We Need To Win. So Im for who ever is going to produce wins. I am a big Henery Supporter because he plays the game with heart and passion. I would like to see them split the carries this game and see at the end of the day who ran better ... Then we discuss replacing Travis. I like Willis and I Like Travis.. So I honestly do not care who starts as long as they are the TOP PERFORMING BACK on the Buffalo Bills Team. So switch it up and give them boys a TEST to win that spot. I think Travis knows its DO OR DIE... so lets see how they perform with the pressure on HIGH

Charlieguide
10-20-2004, 04:16 PM
It was also Bledsoe's best QB rating yet. So up to this point, TH and WM had almost exactly the same ypc numbers. The OL goes out and plays their best game, which gives WM the best game any RB has had yet. :scratch: Go figure.

I'll admit I'm excited about Willis, and he has shown he's ready to play. But I don't know that he's shown he's the better back. Call me crazy, but I really think the head coach may very well be the best person to make that call. After all, he does see them work out every day, while we only get to see them once a week. Willis didn't do anything Henry can't do. Most of his big runs started with big holes.

ScottLawrence
10-20-2004, 05:16 PM
worst thing is.. i know drew will blow it against this defense.

I thought the same thing would occur against the Dolphins against one of the best pass defense in the league but, he suprised me.

Against the Ravens....That may be a different story.

They will probably blitz the **** out of him just like the Raiders did.

Ebenezer
10-20-2004, 05:19 PM
if drew throws ducks against ed reed and ray lewis they will be eaten up and taken in for 6..

if drew plays well against this defense, i will give him the credit he deserves. but if he turns the ball over more than he scores.. i will start 10 more threads about him being a POS.
yeah, you got nothing against DB...a thread about TH/WM and you have to bring up DB...:shakeno:

They are only stats but the 'Fins have a better defense than the Ravens right now...

FTG
10-20-2004, 08:06 PM
yeah, you got nothing against DB...a thread about TH/WM and you have to bring up DB...:shakeno:

They are only stats but the 'Fins have a better defense than the Ravens right now...

and it's also a road game. Our recent history on the road suggests T is prolly right

The_Philster
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
and it's also a road game. Our recent history on the road suggests T is prolly right
still shows that someone's bordering on obsession...

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Geez, one good game for McGahee, and your calling for Henry's head? Let's see him string 3 more preformances like that in the next 4 weeks, and then I may agree with you....
But that's just it. How can we see him string together 3 more performances if he doesn't play? Carrying the ball 6-7 times is not enough to see anything. He needs to play the whole game like he did against the Fins in order for us to see anything.

Turf
10-20-2004, 10:17 PM
I see no reason NOT to start Willis other than NOT to bruise Travis's ego.
Ask me if I care about anyone's ego.
Win (aka don't trip or run the wrong way) or get TF out.

Charlieguide
10-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Will someone please offer up a SOLID argument as to why Willis is CLEARLY better than Travis? Or vice versa?

Keep in mind that a SOLID ARGUMENT cannot be made when referring to a single game, under grossly different scoring-circumstances, considering injuries, or with different supporting casts?

The way I see it, until these two players get a considerable amount of snaps in the same game, there isn't a clear answer. Which means, we'll have to leave the decision up to the only people that see them in similar circumstances day in and day out (i.e. the coaches).

Throne Logic
10-21-2004, 01:28 AM
It's all great and wonderful that Willis had a nice game. However, I believe Miami was ranked 27th on defense vs. the run coming into last week's game. Even Joe Burns had a 15 yard run. Heck, Drew ran for a 10 yard first down (granted there was a penalty - but that was a bad call against Campbell). I'd expect any decent RB to do exactly what Willis did. And where was that "game-breaking speed" we've heard so much about?

The big issue I'd like to point out, no TD's running the ball, including a series with Miami's D lined up in the endzone.

A win against the NFL's worst team isn't going to win Willis the job. If he does well vs. Baltimore's D, I'll be more impressed. Even if Henry starts, Willis should still see significant time in this one.