PDA

View Full Version : Tucker.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2004, 11:31 AM
How did he look at Center? It is hard to notice from the end zone.

askabry
10-19-2004, 12:18 PM
I thought he held up well ... certainly we had no drop-off from Teague. But then again, my perspective was only from the closed end 20. I'd bet TV watchers would have better idea.

LABillsFan
10-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I wasn't there but watching JJ's highlights he seemed to hold his own, no bad snaps, he got pushed back a few times but was able to stop the rush before it got to Drew. On some of the bigger runs you can see him pushing the tackle down field at will and he seemed to come off blocks to help out the guards as well

The_Philster
10-19-2004, 03:26 PM
How did he look at Center? It is hard to notice from the end zone.It wouldn't have been so hard to notice if you had been watching something other than your beer. :cynic:

Mr. Cynical
10-19-2004, 06:10 PM
It wouldn't have been so hard to notice if you had been watching something other than your beer. :cynic::rofl: Pos rep coming your way.

Edit: Booo...

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Philster again.

<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mypoorfriendme
10-19-2004, 09:52 PM
for the first time this year, everyone on the o-line looked like they knew what theyre were doing. plus this is against jason taylor and tim bowens. not to mention mcgahee averaged over 5 yards a carry against this second best defense in the league

Patti120
10-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Watched the entire game on TV and Tucker looked good. It would be hard for me to give an objective evaluation on how his play compared to Teague's though due to my prior disgust with the entire o-line play up to this point, and due to rage creating my inability to distinguish or separate his play from the rest of the o-line.

In my overall opinion though Tucker looked pretty good, definitely no worse and possibly better than how Teague has looked thus far. In Teague's defense though, I've heard that he is considered the most improved lineman and I've heard that he has been over utilized in the sense that he is being asked to help other guys around him on top of his regular responsbilities. (not sure if the latter portion is true though)

To piggyback on what mypooroldfriendme stated though, the o-line looked their best by far in this game and hopefully they will continue to improve. Miami has a pretty good D, so I just hope they keep the penalties down and the protection up.

Tatonka
10-20-2004, 12:02 AM
you know.. it is tough to tell how much of a factor tucker played.. but the line gave up one sack with him in there.. so **** it.. keep him in..

sure.. it could have had something to do with bledsoe playing well.. it could have had something to do with mcgahee getting yards.. all those things helped the oline look good.. but vice versa can be said as well.. the chicken or the egg..i say the egg.. whichever the hell that one is.

:ontome:

tampabay25690
10-20-2004, 12:15 AM
I have to agree with some of you guys, the OL looked pretty good so yea Tucjer had a pretty damn good game...

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2004, 12:51 AM
you know.. it is tough to tell how much of a factor tucker played.. but the line gave up one sack with him in there.. so **** it.. keep him in..

sure.. it could have had something to do with bledsoe playing well.. it could have had something to do with mcgahee getting yards.. all those things helped the oline look good.. but vice versa can be said as well.. the chicken or the egg..i say the egg.. whichever the hell that one is.

:ontome:
Agreed................I think. :;

THATHURMANATOR
10-20-2004, 09:06 AM
It wouldn't have been so hard to notice if you had been watching something other than your beer. :cynic:

Phil get some new material man.

The_Philster
10-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Phil get some new material man.
It's not my fault you were watching your beer more than the game. :idunno: Maybe you need one of those hats like these so you can keep the lid on your beer and no one bumps you into spilling it. :;
http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/drinkhat-175.jpg

Hemlepp53
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
you know.. it is tough to tell how much of a factor tucker played.. but the line gave up one sack with him in there.. so **** it.. keep him in.. :ontome:

Correct keep him in and keep WHATS HIS FACE on the bench ready to fill the spot. I think we had several players step it up this past week. Edwards looked SMOKING and TUCKER seemed to hold up well under the pressure.