X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Ref's at practice; Did it work?

7-60 was the stat for the Bills on Sunday. Take away the boneheaded 15 yarder for group celebration that leaves 6-45.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
    7-60 was the stat for the Bills on Sunday. Take away the boneheaded 15 yarder for group celebration that leaves 6-45.
    the Campbell holding call that negated Drews scramble for a 1st down was questionable. Even the TV commentators said so.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Well, whatever it did... they didnt have as many...nor were they at critical moments!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Not having Jennings in made a difference as well.

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          the Campbell holding call that negated Drews scramble for a 1st down was questionable. Even the TV commentators said so.

questionable? It was a phantom call. Campbell got knocked flat on his back then the defender ran right past him.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
            questionable? It was a phantom call. Campbell got knocked flat on his back then the defender ran right past him.
            Phantom call??? The official threw the flag into an area of the field where there were no players AFTER DB landed the dive on his scramble...it was complete BS.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

This line seems to work together. I know it's the first win but from watching the highlights it seemed they knew what Miami was going to do and were well prepared. You can see them moving in sync which hasn't been the case. I really think having the TE's WR and RB help with chip blocking took some pressure off the line negating the need to hold when getting burned.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                ...nor were they at critical moments!
                That's the key!

1st and 10 at BUF 6 Willis McGahee (BUF) rushed right side for 1 yard.
                2nd and 9 at BUF 7 Drew Bledsoe (BUF) pass left side complete to Mark Campbell (BUF) for 6 yards.
                3rd and 3 at BUF 13 Willis McGahee (BUF) rushed left side for 4 yards.
                1st and 10 at BUF 17 Willis McGahee (BUF) rushed left side for 5 yards.
                2nd and 5 at BUF 22 Drew Bledsoe (BUF) pass right side complete to Eric Moulds (BUF) for 23 yards.
                1st and 10 at BUF 45 Joe Burns (BUF) rushed right side for 2 yards.
                2nd and 8 at BUF 47 Joe Burns (BUF) rushed left side for 16 yards.
                1st and 10 at MIA 37
                2 minute warning.
                1st and 10 at MIA 37 Willis McGahee (BUF) rushed right side for 31 yards.
                1st and 6 at MIA 6 Miami timeout; 01:48 remaining 4th quarter
                1st and 6 at MIA 6 Willis McGahee (BUF) rushed right side for 2 yards.
                2nd and 4 at MIA 4 Miami timeout; 01:44 remaining 4th quarter
                2nd and 4 at MIA 4 Joe Burns (BUF) rushed right side for no gain.
                3rd and 4 at MIA 4 Willis McGahee (BUF) rushed up the middle for 3 yards.
                End of the game.

No holding calls adn no false starts. What a concept.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

No holding calls adn no false starts. What a concept.
                  They were arena league refs...we got money under the cap...how much could it cost to have them there every week/day?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                    • Jul 2002

This line seems to work together. I know it's the first win but from watching the highlights it seemed they knew what Miami was going to do and were well prepared. You can see them moving in sync which hasn't been the case. I really think having the TE's WR and RB help with chip blocking took some pressure off the line negating the need to hold when getting burned.
                    I'm not as convinced. We will see against Baltimore. I'm hopeful that they will jell eventually.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

If Jennings and Adams were in their for a full game we may have had few more penalties...Their is also a much greater chance on the road for false starts...While I think it will help I also think it may take a few weeks...

Comment

• LABillsFan
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        They were arena league refs...we got money under the cap...how much could it cost to have them there every week/day?
                        I agree it seemed to help, but a few more weeks would only instill the importance of not beating yourself with penalties. Their pay comes out of the Cap?

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                          • Jul 2002

I hope it helps. It's one thing to beat by a better team and another to defeat yourselves with stupid penalties.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by don137
                            If Jennings and Adams were in their for a full game we may have had few more penalties...Their is also a much greater chance on the road for false starts...While I think it will help I also think it may take a few weeks...
                            Let's not forget Teague and his propensity to hold. I can tolorate 1-2 false starts it's those holding calls that get to me.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                              I hope it helps. It's one thing to beat by a better team and another to defeat yourselves with stupid penalties.
                              Even with the offense struggling to put up points, take away those back breaking holding calls (sometimes even back to back holding calls) the false starts when your moving the chains, how many more points wold they have?

Comment

Working...
                              X