PDA

View Full Version : Is The Dink and Dunk the new thing??

lunatic_bills_fan
11-12-2002, 04:44 AM
Man this offence seems to becomin more and more of a gameplan for teams. Oakland and Gannon totally dismantled the Broncos with it last night. And the Broncos have arguably the fastest Linebacker core in the NFL. San Fran used it all day Sunday although I felt they would have been more successful if they would have stretched the feild once in a while. This offence seems to be working for more and more teams. Is it the way of future Offences???

:gobills:

shelby
11-12-2002, 04:47 AM
seems to work for the Patsies....that and paying off the officials
:rolleyes:

lunatic_bills_fan
11-12-2002, 04:53 AM
Iys hould make for an interesting game next Sunday night anyway. Might be the first game in NFL histiry where the QB throw for an average of 80-90 %. I mean I can understand the Patsies with an overrated QB and less than average WR's but Gannon/Rice/Brown and company showed how to beat one of the best defences in the league with it

The_Philster
11-12-2002, 05:08 AM
That's the West Coast Offense....the way it's supposed to be run.

Judge
11-12-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Thankfully we're not subjected to that- I love the vertical passing game with a healthy dose of bombs from an accurate QB to highly competent, speedy receivers myself! Much more interesting!

casdhf
11-12-2002, 08:39 AM
Jam the WRs, that's the way the other teams stopped the Raiders.

Ebenezer
11-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I've been saying that for 2 years...:grind:

Good to see that other people are starting to recognize that!! Controlled passing.

Herdwatcher
11-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I've been saying that for 2 years...:grind:

Good to see that other people are starting to recognize that!! Controlled passing.

It can be unstoppable. Nothing like a 3 yard run, then a 6 yard pass. leaving you with third and one. Or short yardage
passes on first down, leaving you with second and short. That's how you march down field in the WCO

Judge
11-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Herdwatcher

It can be unstoppable. Nothing like a 3 yard run, then a 6 yard pass. leaving you with third and one. Or short yardage
passes on first down, leaving you with second and short. That's how you march down field in the WCO

To heck with that. Give me the Bills' vertical passing game with Drew Bledsoe slinging the long balls to Moulds and Price any day over that crummy, overrated offensive scheme.

Al Davis must be crying over the Bills' offense this year. He loves the long ball attack.