X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Here's why Spikes got the 15-yard penalty

I'll have more photos up tomorrow when I upload them.
    Last edited by Michael82; 10-20-2004, 03:26 PM.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

That's no worse than "Spiking the Ball"

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
      That's no worse than "Spiking the Ball"
      eveytime you bowl a gutterball, you'll get the yellow flag.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-20-2004, 03:31 PM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Hemlepp53
        • Jul 2004

Thats lame man. As long as no one it pulling out cell phones or sharpies I dont care what the hell a player does. I like expressions when BIG PLAYS are made.. thats why we call them big plays... If they make us jump up and do a dance or shout things we shouldnt in public... then SH** the player or player who make the plays should be abel to express as well...
        @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

If you look in the photos...Spikes was trying to get the other defensive players out of his way. He knew that if there was a group of players there, he would get the flag. However, if Spikes did it by himself, there wouldn't have been a penalty.

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I liked how Shenoy said it in his article this week:

It would have been penalty worthy if the players lined up like pins and Spikes bowled them over.

So what if he took a penalty, let him celebrate. It's not too often he gets a TD. The league needs to lighten up.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              I liked how Shenoy said it in his article this week:

It would have been penalty worthy if the players lined up like pins and Spikes bowled them over.

So what if he took a penalty, let him celebrate. It's not too often he gets a TD. The league needs to lighten up.
              I agree. That would have been much more worth it, if Spikes lined all the players up like pins and knocked them down. It would've made quite a few highlight videos.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                I agree. That would have been much more worth it, if Spikes lined all the players up like pins and knocked them down. It would've made quite a few highlight videos.
                Up until last week it would have been more appropriate if he lined up the o-line. :snicker2:
                finsrclowns

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                  Up until last week it would have been more appropriate if he lined up the o-line. :snicker2:

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    The flag is already in the refs hand...do you think it was the fact that it took so long rather than the act of bowling that caused the penalty?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

i'm tired of spikes stupid little dance.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        The flag is already in the refs hand...do you think it was the fact that it took so long rather than the act of bowling that caused the penalty?
                        I noticed the same thing. I can't imagine there was that much excessive celebration before he even rolled the ball.

Defensive TD's are huge, I don't see what the big deal is with his teammates all running into the endzone to congratulate him when they were already down near the goaline to begin with.

Whatever, at least we actually got a TD off an INT. I'll take a 15 yd penalty with that every time.

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

The wind was at Lindells back during the kickoff. The penalty wasn't a big deal.

Byrd.

Comment

• slvrsol
                            • Jun 2003

oh man, that's great

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

No
                              Fun
                              League

Since the NFL decided to legislate excessive celebration out of scoring, they presented themselves with the problem of where to draw the line. I think the penalty is supposed to have something to do with routines that areplanned versus spontaneous. Supposedly something like a bowling act would have taken some forethought versus spiking the ball which everyone does. If a guy pulls a sharpie out of his sock, you pretty much have to figure it was a planned routine, but with something like this, officials would pretty much have to be able to read a guy's mind to know how much planning went into it. If officials have to make that kind of judgement call, I think it renders the whole rule bogus.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X