PDA

View Full Version : Here's why Spikes got the 15-yard penalty

Michael82
10-20-2004, 03:22 PM
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Spikes%20Bowling1.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Spikes%20Bowling1.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Spikes%20Bowling.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Spikes%20Bowling.jpg

I'll have more photos up tomorrow when I upload them.

juice
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
That's no worse than "Spiking the Ball"

justasportsfan
10-20-2004, 03:26 PM
That's no worse than "Spiking the Ball"eveytime you bowl a gutterball, you'll get the yellow flag.

Hemlepp53
10-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Thats lame man. As long as no one it pulling out cell phones or sharpies I dont care what the hell a player does. I like expressions when BIG PLAYS are made.. thats why we call them big plays... If they make us jump up and do a dance or shout things we shouldnt in public... then SH** the player or player who make the plays should be abel to express as well...

Michael82
10-20-2004, 03:28 PM
If you look in the photos...Spikes was trying to get the other defensive players out of his way. He knew that if there was a group of players there, he would get the flag. However, if Spikes did it by himself, there wouldn't have been a penalty.

northernbillfan
10-20-2004, 03:28 PM
I liked how Shenoy said it in his article this week:

It would have been penalty worthy if the players lined up like pins and Spikes bowled them over.

So what if he took a penalty, let him celebrate. It's not too often he gets a TD. The league needs to lighten up.

Michael82
10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
I liked how Shenoy said it in his article this week:

It would have been penalty worthy if the players lined up like pins and Spikes bowled them over.

So what if he took a penalty, let him celebrate. It's not too often he gets a TD. The league needs to lighten up.
I agree. That would have been much more worth it, if Spikes lined all the players up like pins and knocked them down. It would've made quite a few highlight videos. :snicker:

finsrclowns
10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
I agree. That would have been much more worth it, if Spikes lined all the players up like pins and knocked them down. It would've made quite a few highlight videos. :snicker:

Up until last week it would have been more appropriate if he lined up the o-line. :snicker2:

Michael82
10-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Up until last week it would have been more appropriate if he lined up the o-line. :snicker2:
:rofl:

Ebenezer
10-20-2004, 04:57 PM
:rofl:
The flag is already in the refs hand...do you think it was the fact that it took so long rather than the act of bowling that caused the penalty?

SABURZFAN
10-20-2004, 06:16 PM
i'm tired of spikes stupid little dance. :mad:

Ed
10-20-2004, 06:44 PM
The flag is already in the refs hand...do you think it was the fact that it took so long rather than the act of bowling that caused the penalty?

I noticed the same thing. I can't imagine there was that much excessive celebration before he even rolled the ball.

Defensive TD's are huge, I don't see what the big deal is with his teammates all running into the endzone to congratulate him when they were already down near the goaline to begin with.

Whatever, at least we actually got a TD off an INT. I'll take a 15 yd penalty with that every time.

The Natrix
10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
The wind was at Lindells back during the kickoff. The penalty wasn't a big deal.

slvrsol
10-20-2004, 08:08 PM
oh man, that's great

TigerJ
10-20-2004, 08:57 PM
No
Fun
League

Since the NFL decided to legislate excessive celebration out of scoring, they presented themselves with the problem of where to draw the line. I think the penalty is supposed to have something to do with routines that areplanned versus spontaneous. Supposedly something like a bowling act would have taken some forethought versus spiking the ball which everyone does. If a guy pulls a sharpie out of his sock, you pretty much have to figure it was a planned routine, but with something like this, officials would pretty much have to be able to read a guy's mind to know how much planning went into it. If officials have to make that kind of judgement call, I think it renders the whole rule bogus.

Michael82
10-21-2004, 08:41 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. In the first pic, where they are all together, the ref didn't do anything but keep watching. However, once Spikes got up there to do his thing...the ref could tell is was premeditated because it took so long. That's why they got the penalty.

EM Bills Fan 80
10-21-2004, 09:10 AM
That was great!! hey Mikey where are your seats, i sit in the same endzone in 122

Michael82
10-21-2004, 09:39 AM
That was great!! hey Mikey where are your seats, i sit in the same endzone in 122
Ugghh....that sig makes me :ill:

I'm in section 123, row 4, seat 3. :D

BuffaloWings51
10-21-2004, 10:59 AM
He was trying to relate better to the Buffalo fan base...

Mr. Cynical
10-21-2004, 06:26 PM
:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
10-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Ugghh....that sig makes me :ill:
They still have yet to win a series Mikey. Don't lose hope yet.

The Bambino is just playing with them. He will raise their hopes to the highest peak just before pushing them off it in Game 7. :snicker:

mush69
10-21-2004, 06:38 PM
The wind was at Lindells back during the kickoff. The penalty wasn't a big deal.

Except the kickoff was fielded at the 15 yrd line instead of the 5 (I was right there in that end) and returned to the 35. I just wonder if he had just a little more room he might have been able to get them at the 5 or the goaline.