PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is reporting that ----

Jayhawk
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
that McGhee might start because Henry isn't not completly healthy

Michael82
10-20-2004, 04:05 PM
I was thinking that Mularkey would do this. He'll use the injury as an excuse until Henry is 100%. Let's see how McGahee does against Baltimore...then we can talk about Henry losing his job. :D

juice
10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
It's a smart move.. let the RB competition get us a couple of wins.

ScottLawrence
10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
link?

Ebenezer
10-20-2004, 05:11 PM
link?
that was reported on WGR also...I still feel that at worst case scenario, after TH is healthy, they will split the carries. TD will feel that TH trade value must be kept up.

TigerJ
10-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Pretty much all the local media have been saying Henry's still having problems. It comes as no surprise that this is being contemplated. The only question is why Mularkey was so adament when asked that TH would start. He could have simply said, "We'll see how Travis is feeling." He would have avoided, or at least postponed the controversy.

juice
10-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Pretty much all the local media have been saying Henry's still having problems. It comes as no surprise that this is being contemplated. The only question is why Mularkey was so adament when asked that TH would start. He could have simply said, "We'll see how Travis is feeling." He would have avoided, or at least postponed the controversy.
If MM says that, then the Fragile Ego of Travis may have been bruised.. If you cause waves between TH and WM now you will revive the Pre-Season problems of everyone wanting to get their full load of carries.

You have to carefully massage these guys egos.. MM has Willis saying the right things so the head coach has to maintain the tranquillity.

FTG
10-20-2004, 09:10 PM
that was reported on WGR also...I still feel that at worst case scenario, after TH is healthy, they will split the carries. TD will feel that TH trade value must be kept up.

That arguement makes no sense. Henry has proved he can be a productive back. Teams interested in him already know what he can do. Having him go out there and get pounded for another year will reduce his value if it changes it at all. We're not getting what people think we're getting for him anyway. I don't see us getting a first rounder for him. To think that some were saying they would not trade him for two first rounders is hilarious. :rolleyes:

Turf
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm sure Ralph has nothing to do with this........

FTG
10-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm sure Ralph has nothing to do with this........

I agree. He does'nt

Throne Logic
10-21-2004, 01:29 AM
I have come the the definitive conclusion that I don't give a crap who starts. I like them both.

The_Philster
10-21-2004, 03:08 AM
I agree. He does'nt
My guess is the people who think otherwise believe in the tooth fairy as well. :;

chernobylwraiths
10-21-2004, 06:05 AM
My guess is the people who think otherwise believe in the tooth fairy as well. :;

Unfortunately, I haven't lost a tooth in years, so I don't know.

Ralph hasn't always been the best person to make player decisions.

Jayhawk
10-21-2004, 06:12 AM
what there's no tooth fairy? :shocked: oh man, thanks for ruining my day.
;)

Dozerdog
10-21-2004, 07:12 AM
That arguement makes no sense. Henry has proved he can be a productive back. Teams interested in him already know what he can do. Having him go out there and get pounded for another year will reduce his value if it changes it at all. We're not getting what people think we're getting for him anyway. I don't see us getting a first rounder for him. To think that some were saying they would not trade him for two first rounders is hilarious. :rolleyes:

Dead on!

Less miles on him and his contract will play a bigger role in his value than if he gets a couple extra stats

Ebenezer
10-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Dead on!

Less miles on him and his contract will play a bigger role in his value than if he gets a couple extra stats
Buffalo is already behind the 8-ball...this will be a force sale...that hurts business.

The_Philster
10-21-2004, 05:32 PM
what there's no tooth fairy? :shocked: oh man, thanks for ruining my day.
;)
:ontome:

Drive 4 Five
10-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Henry is worth a high second round pick at most. I feel bad for him. I really do. The look on his face on the sideline last Sunday spoke volumes about his future. How do we know that it has not already been decided and that the Bills are buying time to prove to the rest of the football world that Mcgahee deserves to start. Fire control?

lordofgun
10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
ESPN bottom line reporting Henry will start.

RedEyE
10-21-2004, 05:43 PM
I think Henry is going to have a good day. The competitor in him will want to outdo/match Willis.