Big Game to get our Offense back on track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Big Game to get our Offense back on track!

This upcoming game may be just what the doctor ordered to get the ball rolling again, so-to-speak, in terms of jump-starting our offense.

We haven't played well as of late w/ only 16 offensive points vs. Miami; 24 at home vs. Detroit; and 7 last week. But K.C. has a horrible pass D, the worst in the league. Their run D isn't anything special either.

Drew has gone from indisputably leading the league in TDs to tied w/ three others for 4th, only 1 TD ahead of 7th, and only two TDs ahead of Maddux and McNair.

Originally on pace for near 50 TDs, it now appears that 30 would be a very good goal with the present pace more on target for around 25.

Question for discussion: Why has our passing game seemingly gotten so anemic all of a sudden?

I have a few theories of my own, but I'll stand out of the way of all the flying debris, fruits, and vegetables and allow this to get kicked around.

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
    • Jul 2002

Drew has 300 yard games the last 2. How is that an anemic passing game?

Comment

• Wys Guy
      • Jul 2002

Let's see, 300 yards....7 points....

What if he had 700 yards in a game and 0 points? Would that be considered good?

What's with the yardage stats?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Bottom line...if they go out and score 10 or 13 points and look like they did against NE then we can really start to worry.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

Bottom line as well is that it's points on the boards that count. You can move the ball between the 20s for as many yards as you like. But unless you can put it in the EZ, you're not a good offense.

Now if at the end of the game they tallied the total yardage of both teams and used it to declare a winner, then we'd be doing very well at least in terms of passing. Total yardage would still be a concern since we rarely go over 70 or so rushing.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            Let's see, 300 yards....7 points....

What if he had 700 yards in a game and 0 points? Would that be considered good?

Point Taken! But you said passing game! 300 yds is hardly anemic. Blame the running game. Not the passing game.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I blame Gilbride.

The deep post was there all day, they didn't throw one in the second half. They haven't thrown the ball to the TE in a while. Just when it looks like the running game is starting to click, they throw 20 plays in a row....

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Blame the coaches for the lack of a running game.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                  • Jul 2002

I suppose if you take away Drew's 5 longest pass completions from each game that the passing game is anemic!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                      • Jul 2002

And another thing..................why is 24 points against Detroit considered a bad performance?

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

Although we have not been as good lately, criticizing Bledsoe for not enough TDs passing is silly. We run the ball VERY well in the Red Zone, and TH could end up with 20TDs this season. Running the ball in the Red Zone is outstanding, and I would rather we do that than have Bledsoe with more TDs and our Red Zone efficiency going down.

Big Mike is back, KC can't handle that kind of power.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

Point Taken! But you said passing game! 300 yds is hardly anemic. Blame the running game. Not the passing game.
                          We had 184 yards passing against the Phins who have a solid but by no means the best pass D in the league. 70 of that was on a defensive breakdown where Madison thought his S would pick up Moulds but didn't. That lone breakdown was the extent of our success passing vs. the Phins as after that we had barely over 100 passing yards and no other offensive points.

Vs. N.E. last week, We had 222 gross yards, 186 net yards at the 58:00 mark and only 7 points. So unless this is our strategy, to save ourselves for our very last drive and for the last 2 minutes of the game, then I would suggest it's time for some "introspection", eh.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                            And another thing..................why is 24 points against Detroit considered a bad performance?
                            Considering that it was only 17-17 at the half and considering that we had less than 100 passing yards in the second half, I'd say yes. It wasn't good.

Unless of course you think the Detroit D matches up nicely w/ our offense!? IDK, do you?

I don't. I think we should have blown the out on both sides of the ball if we're as good as everyone says we are. In any case, I would have expected that we should have been able to pass on the Detroit D and have put up some big numbers in the second half in order to put the lowly Lions away by the time the 3rd Q had come to a close.

Could be me though!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Detroit's D isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

I'm much more distressed over the NE game. They were thouroughly out coached. Gilbride got greedy throwing too much early. In the first 3/4 of the Bear game, the Bears took it to them pounding the ball. Then they went to the "prevent" which prevented them from winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X