PDA

View Full Version : Key to beating K.C.: Niners model pattern for success!

WG
11-12-2002, 09:36 AM
The Niners won that game by keeping K.C.'s O off the field by chewing up over 38 minutes in that game. IMO that's what we'll need to do to do the same.

Will mostly passing the ball accomplish that?

Or will Henry and our rushing game need to be a LOT more involved than they have been for most of the season?

WG
11-12-2002, 09:39 AM
"Downtime on offense"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan

Typ0
11-12-2002, 09:54 AM

NO

colin
11-12-2002, 09:54 AM
SF also has a great D and only scored what, 20 against KC?

We will need way more points than that, and KC is so freaking bad against the pass it is not funny, we will air it out and we will win.

Novacane
11-12-2002, 10:01 AM
A balanced pass/run game is what I am hoping for.

don137
11-12-2002, 10:41 AM
I agree we need to be balanced. Try some short passes and runs to eat up the clock and then when the safties cheat up go long.

TigerJ
11-12-2002, 07:57 PM
Both Ds will have trouble stopping the other team's O. I'd like to see balance, but even more important will be avoiding turnovers, and hopefully creating some for the other guys.

HotRod
11-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
The Niners won that game by keeping K.C.'s O off the field by chewing up over 38 minutes in that game. IMO that's what we'll need to do to do the same.

Or will Henry and our rushing game need to be a LOT more involved than they have been for most of the season?

I agree. I don't think we can afford to score TD's in just a few minutes. We need to control the clock and not push our luck with our Defense.

LuvDaBills11
11-12-2002, 08:54 PM
we need to do both. we need to score a lot and score slowly

need to keep holmes and green off the feild but we need to rack up at least 30 points to win

i think drew will do great and we will score 34 points. i think the defense will suck and will allow 37

Herdwatcher
11-12-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

KC needs to be force fed T. Henry for a good part of the day, that and the ability to convert on thrid down should keep the Chefs' offense on the sideline. What needs to happen on the defense, cover Tony Gonzalez just like Julian Peterson did. Tony didn't look too happy on the sidelines close to the end of the game Sunday. I think this defense can do a good job against Priest Holmes like they did with Ricky Williams in Miami. Put all together they win.

venis2k1
11-13-2002, 12:01 AM
Henry needs to hold on to the ball, because i think he is gonna have a 30+ carry day.

DIHARD2
11-13-2002, 01:06 AM
Our defense has to stop at least two scoring drives for us to win.

Even if we controller the clock by running the ball, if our defense allows the Chiefs to come and score in a few plays, we can eat the clock all day long. Our defense has to step up and stop their scoring drives at least twice like I said.

Another aspect is, we will have to play a mistake free game. No stupid penalties giving them a first down on long and 3 like we've done in the past.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

lunatic_bills_fan
11-13-2002, 03:25 PM
IMO you will see Henry a lot more than you have past few weeks. Mike Williams is back in and all are rested, we should play these guys real physical. The minute, they to start really biting on the run, then you start airing it out.

WG
11-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Herd,

Can we borrow Julian Peterson for the day! :D

venis,

a 30+ carry day for Henry, eh. I'll believe that when I see it. I'd say more of another 50+ toss day for Drew. I don't have much faith that Gilbride won't pass first until it's proven that it doesn't work on that day. Usually, or at least many times, it will be too late by then.

Scott
11-14-2002, 03:23 PM
Peterson is what we need, Gonzalez will have a monster game (unless Holmes has an even bigger monster day and they do not need to throw).
We have no one that can cover TG.

shelby
11-14-2002, 07:37 PM
Scott....you know i can do it!!

;)

i agree with DIHARD....if we keep up our normal pace of penalties, that is going to hurt us just as bad as our lackluster D.

mchurchfie
11-15-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Scott
Peterson is what we need, Gonzalez will have a monster game (unless Holmes has an even bigger monster day and they do not need to throw).
We have no one that can cover TG.

Couldn't have said it better myself...if they put a DB on him then they will get run on all day by Holmes.