PDA

View Full Version : Henry should start

northernbillfan
10-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Yahoo and Fanball are reporting that Henry should start on Sunday. Stupid move if you ask me. I think he should use the "not at 100%" factor to see what McGahee can do against Baltimore.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-billshenrypracticess&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

juice
10-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Yahoo and Fanball are reporting that Henry should start on Sunday. Stupid move if you ask me. I think he should use the "not at 100%" factor to see what McGahee can do against Baltimore.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-billshenrypracticess&prov=fanball&type=lgns)
Gotta get those #'s up for trade value.. I look to see WM carry about 1/2 the load in the run game and become a factor in the pass game with the Shuffle Pass and screens.

Those foward lateral count as completions and when broken for big gains can change the game momentum.

northernbillfan
10-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Those foward lateral count as completions and when broken for big gains can change the game momentum.
And McGahee almost scored on one of those last week.

juice
10-21-2004, 02:03 PM
And McGahee almost scored on one of those last week.

If used correctly Henry could have his 15 carries, 65 yds and 4 ypc.. While Willis could have 10 carries, 45 yds, in addition to 50 yds recieving on Laterals and screens.

That would take the pressure off of TH to rack up 25 carries while he hasn't quite got to 100% health.

Willis could also be a Playmaker in the Run and pass game.. The two headed beast in the backfield as advertised in the re-season.

Jayhawk
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
won't happen. Something will go wrong

juice
10-21-2004, 02:26 PM
won't happen. Something will go wrong
Of course it wont happen but it should.. We need to see what WM can do to improve the run and pass game, While getting Henry's trade value up to recoup something for that 1st round pick the Cowboys got from us.

Use Henry before the foot begins to slow him in the 1st half, Spell him on 3rd down and pass situations with Willis on Screens.

Willis's being involved could protect Henry from further injuring himself while Henry gets his carries and YPG up to be traded at years end.

Mr. Cynical
10-21-2004, 04:09 PM

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-billshenrypracticess&prov=fanball&type=lgns):bf1:

WM needs more that 8-10 carries in a game to get in a groove. Coming in and out on various plays isn't going to work. The more MM pulls this s**t the more I get pissed off. The Bills FINALLY show a little spark and MM wants to throw a wet rag on it. I really wonder what his motivation and/or thinking is by starting TH.

Drive 4 Five
10-21-2004, 04:57 PM
:bf1:

WM needs more that 8-10 carries in a game to get in a groove. Coming in and out on various plays isn't going to work. The more MM pulls this s**t the more I get pissed off. The Bills FINALLY show a little spark and MM wants to throw a wet rag on it. I really wonder what his motivation and/or thinking is by starting TH.

Well think of it this way. When Rueben Droughns rushed for 190, Shanahan was not declaring he is the starter right away based on one performance. Tell me this? Do you think Griffin will get his job back anytime soon? I think Mularkey is just being politically correct. The truth of the matter is that he cannot possibly ignore superior performances in practice and limited reps in actual games. Neither can anyone else!

Mr. Cynical
10-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Well think of it this way. When Rueben Droughns rushed for 190, Shanahan was not declaring he is the starter right away based on one performance. Tell me this? Do you think Griffin will get his job back anytime soon? I think Mularkey is just being politically correct. The truth of the matter is that he cannot possibly ignore superior performances in practice and limited reps in actual games. Neither can anyone else!But in Shanahan's case, while he did not declare Droughns the starter, he also did not declare anyone else the starter. He is taking it one step at a time. The difference here is that MM is steadfastly sticking with TH by saying he is the starter. I'd be fine with taking Shanny's approach. Start whoever is playing the best and take if from there.

They need to shake this RB situation out so they can "gel" together. And I know what some are going to say about Foster/Davis but I don't wanna hear it. It is an entirely different situation that has already been discussed at length. :D

Nighthawk
10-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey, let's put in the guy who is hurt so that he can be ineffective and we can fall behind and play catch up. Yeah, that makes sense! This move is definitely what is best for the team... :crazy:

Drive 4 Five
10-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I see your point. :scratch:

The_Philster
10-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Gotta get those #'s up for trade value...screw the trade value. I've backed Travis all along but I hope they can split the carries well enough that they both get some kind of a groove going.

FTG
10-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Gotta get those #'s up for trade value...

again.......that arguement does not hold water. Teams know what he is capable of. Having him take another year of pounding is not going to raise his trade value.

juice
10-21-2004, 07:55 PM
again.......that arguement does not hold water. Teams know what he is capable of. Having him take another year of pounding is not going to raise his trade value.
Teams also know he is capable of fumbling, starts slow and is somewhat injury prone.. 5'9 power runners of his calliber are a dime a dozen.

His production THIS YEAR will establish his market value not what he has done in past years.