PDA

View Full Version : So the trade deadline has come and gone...

Mr. Miyagi
10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
...and we still have both Henry and McGahee. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
And a crappy O-line. :mad:

Crisis
10-21-2004, 04:24 PM
This isn't the NHL.

Drive 4 Five
10-21-2004, 04:29 PM
And a crappy O-line. :mad:

C'mon man...
They are looking better each week.

Drive 4 Five
10-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Miyagi do you feel the Bills should have traded Henry?

Mr. Miyagi
10-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Absolutely, if there's a good O-lineman available.

Dozerdog
10-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Absolutely, if there's a good O-lineman available.

I think you just answered your own question.

If you are going to trade for draft picks- then do it in the offseason

lordofgun
10-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Fine with me. Henry's trade value isn't going to drop. People know what he can do, so there's no sense in trading him now. I'd rather have the insurance and trade him after the season.

Hemlepp53
10-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Fine with me. Henry's trade value isn't going to drop. People know what he can do, so there's no sense in trading him now. I'd rather have the insurance and trade him after the season.

Agreed.. Let Him Get Some Good Carries To Possibilly Bost His Value Meanwhile Willis can learn and grow safely without much pressure. If Willis continues to do great things at this stage in his career the skys the limit by the start of the next season, But we need to let that happen and how better than to learn and gain knowledge in this situation. He's Back Up For An Above Average Back (Henry) and growing with An Up and Coming Offensive Squad, & More Or Less New Coaching Staff (I feel the Bills are slowly adding assets to the roster J.P. Losman & Lee Evans.). Just My 6 Cents On The Subject OF Our Back Situation..... :tap:

G. Host
10-21-2004, 10:59 PM

They tried to trade McGahee but one game against the Phins wasn't worth much considering team which would take him would be required to take his agent as well. If we could trade him without his agent he probably would be worth a 2nd or maybe even a 2nd and 3rd if Donahoe was able to fool them with highlight reels from 1 game.

chernobylwraiths
10-22-2004, 06:29 AM
They tried to trade McGahee but one game against the Phins wasn't worth much considering team which would take him would be required to take his agent as well. If we could trade him without his agent he probably would be worth a 2nd or maybe even a 2nd and 3rd if Donahoe was able to fool them with highlight reels from 1 game.

We traded a first and fourth for a guy with highlights from only one game.

jmb1099
10-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Source? Henry has 278 yards all season and they tried to trade willis??? Where did you get your info?

Mr. Miyagi
10-22-2004, 07:51 AM
McGahee is the future. We'd be foolish to trade him.

If anyone goes, it's Henry.

Drive 4 Five
10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
I think Ghost has lost his damn mind. He must be kidding because there is no way that ideation can be credible.

G. Host
10-22-2004, 12:37 PM
I think Ghost has lost his damn mind. He must be kidding because there is no way that ideation can be credible.

You are right - no way would anyone pay a 2nd round for a back who has played one game. Oh and get a mind so you can lose it.

G. Host
10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Source? Henry has 278 yards all season and they tried to trade willis??? Where did you get your info?

I was joking hence dig on agent. No way can afford Donahoe even if he is a bust for he paid him an entire year to recover after promising agent he would not stick him on IR or other list.

HenryRules
10-22-2004, 06:33 PM

Yep, we should have started 2003 with Bryson as our starter and dumped Henry.

Drive 4 Five
10-23-2004, 01:24 AM
You are right - no way would anyone pay a 2nd round for a back who has played one game. Oh and get a mind so you can lose it.

Don't be a dick...
...and I am saying that as nice as I can.

jmb1099
10-23-2004, 03:21 AM
Well at least we have a real controversy to discuss unlike our Fluite/Johnson days...ill just remembering.
In an ideal world we could keep them both, in an ideal world their egos could co-exist, but an ideal world we don't have...so how to determine who's better???
Well the hot back back at the moment is WM so let him play against a legit defense and see what kind of numbers he can post. And don't argue that we should put him in on 3rd down and expect that to be a fair gauge...too obvious, no chance of real performance. Let him play another full game...if he stinks it doesn't matter because you give TH a chance to fully recover (although there is a good chance that this injury angle is a play right out of Vince Mcmahons playbook) for next week.
I think (and if I'm wrong I'm wrong) we will see WM emerge as the starting RB if not in title than in performance for sure. Last week he ran for 111? Tack on the other 38 yards Bledsoe was credited for with those little shovel passes (glorified handoffs) and then you have a true representation of WM running game last week. Some of you guys on another thread are wondering where his extra gear is? He only uses it when he needs it...he is patient...intelligent, and knows how to wait for a hole to develop if necessary. If the knee (big if and we all know it) holds up he will easily be a top five back next year and maybe top ten this year if given the snaps. Travis Henry is a warrior and for that he is to be commended, but so is Willis...the difference here is not heart but mental and physical abilities and that edge goes to McGahee. Henry will be gone next year hopefull for a decent OL or depth at DB.

Jayhawk
10-23-2004, 07:10 AM
trade him after when some team is despirate (I know spelling)