• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Loyalty

is there too much loyalty in the Bills organization? Two examples- Jerry Gray's contract. The D has vastly improved, but hasn't held up over the last few games. So he sees the writing on the wall and gets a contract extension based on his past performance, before his current performance catches up with him.

Second- Henry starting. I like Henry and he was our only consistent offensive player last year. But that was LAST year. Right now McGahee's playing better.

I'm not suggesting that the Bills should cut people loose at the drop of a hat, but at some point you have to move on to succeed.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • bills_fan_atic
    • May 2003

Ask ol' Wade Phillips if there is a problem with being overly loyal in the Bill's front office?

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

I would argue that there is not enough loyalty and that we as fans tend to give up on players and coaches too quickly. I don't really understand the extension for Gray but I do think it is premature to say Henry does not deserve to start. If McGahee has another break out game or two though, then the rationale for starting Henry is obviously gone, but we are not there yet.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

You're right. But in the case of Willis McGahee you could not be more wrong.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          is there too much loyalty in the Bills organization? Two examples- Jerry Gray's contract. The D has vastly improved, but hasn't held up over the last few games. So he sees the writing on the wall and gets a contract extension based on his past performance, before his current performance catches up with him.

Second- Henry starting. I like Henry and he was our only consistent offensive player last year. But that was LAST year. Right now McGahee's playing better.

I'm not suggesting that the Bills should cut people loose at the drop of a hat, but at some point you have to move on to succeed.

My thoughts exactly! This is why this freakin' organization will never win a Championship. I truly believe that they make these decisions just to prove to the fans that they are in control and that we are not knowledgable enough to see what should be done. It is so frustrating with all these egos in this organization...it makes you want to stop rooting for the Bills.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
            I would argue that there is not enough loyalty and that we as fans tend to give up on players and coaches too quickly. I don't really understand the extension for Gray but I do think it is premature to say Henry does not deserve to start. If McGahee has another break out game or two though, then the rationale for starting Henry is obviously gone, but we are not there yet.
            Fans are absolutely not loyal enough in my opinion. Fantasy football players think they know more than professionals do and every time they lose or do not win well someone is screaming for someone to be replaced. And ther media feed the controversy trying to turn things into polls and sound bites. Not much to talk about when the answer is "do better" and "more practice is needed".

Comment

• User Manuel
              The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
              You're right. But in the case of Willis McGahee you could not be more wrong.
              How so? Willis WON our only game this year. Travis good player, not a superstar. Is willis, who knows. But based on last week's performance Willis is better player right now.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                How so? Willis WON our only game this year. Travis good player, not a superstar. Is willis, who knows. But based on last week's performance Willis is better player right now.
                Really Willis won the game? All by himself? Are you Rosenass is disguse?

TEAMS win games not players.

Comment

• User Manuel
                  The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                  Really Willis won the game? All by himself? Are you Rosenass is disguse?

TEAMS win games not players.
                  That is a garbage, cop - out answer.

At least 4 first downs were made strictly on McGahee's effort. Obviously, the TEAM won the game, but McGahee made the huge plays that Travis has not made once this entire season. Remember we threw on 3rd and one every damn time last season, now we remember why. Travis can't seem to find that 1 yard. McGahee seems to be able too.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                    Fans are absolutely not loyal enough in my opinion. Fantasy football players think they know more than professionals do and every time they lose or do not win well someone is screaming for someone to be replaced. And ther media feed the controversy trying to turn things into polls and sound bites. Not much to talk about when the answer is "do better" and "more practice is needed".

Two comments on this-
                    1. The fans are restless. 3 straight .500 or worse seasons and this year is shaping up to be a 4th. The tolerance for mistakes is incredibly low at this point. When players that have proven themselves go though a slump, the fans don't turn on them. When players that haven't proven themselves go on slumps, the fans lose their loyalty very quickly, especially when the next guy in line appears to be playing better.

2. How many times have the fans called for a player or coach's head, yet the management sticks with them for a long time and they never improve? Some recent examples: Rob Johnson, Kevin Gilbride, Rian Lindell, Chris Watson, maybe Bledsoe depending on how he finishes out the season. In all of these cases the "professionals" stuck with morons who ended up hurting the team long after the fans turned on them. This isn't to say that the team's management should bow to every wish of the fans, but there are times when they should seriously consider fans' wishes- the fans are often right.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                    X