PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL#1 Week 10 Recap

lordofgun
11-12-2002, 09:56 AM
<h1>BZFFL#1 Week 10 Recap</h1>
<h3>The running of the Cows…</h3><p><b>The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) – 83<br>Clumping Platelets – 79</b><p>Whether they barely squeak by, or “udderly” trample the other team, The Route 20A Cows (10-0) can not be stopped. 10 weeks and 10 wins as the Cows attempt to be BZFFL#1’s version of the ’72 Dullfins. Deuce McAllister had another stellar day with 22 points, while 3 others finished in the teens. It wasn’t as flashy win by the Cows, but it got the job done.<p>Clumping Platelets (3-6-1) nearly salvaged some pride by pulling off this upset, but Rich Gannon’s 35 points couldn’t make up for the fact that every other starter scored in the single digits.<p>Outlook: The Cows are 3 games up in the East, and have clinched a playoff spot. Clumping Platelets’ disappointing season continues, although they are still alive, just 1½ games out of first in the West.<p><b>Hart Attack (Don137) – 74<br>Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 81</b><p>The other team on a roll is the Earthquake Zone (7-3)! 6 straight has brought them into a tie for first and kept them there. Tom Brady had his second consecutive stellar week (30 pts.), while Jamal Lewis hit the quarter-century mark. Those two performances were enough because no one else on the team scored more than 8.<p>While Hart Attack (7-3) has had a solid season, it’s just too much to ask for them to stick with the Cows all year. Aaron Brooks’ 18 points lead the scoring, while two others also reached the teens.<p>Outlook: Earthquake Zone is tied for the division lead, but would miss the playoffs if the season ended today due to tiebreakers. Hart Attack is now 3 games behind the Cows, but they control their own destiny.<p><b>TacklingDummyRJ – 66<br>Aero Planes (Aero II) - 117</b><p>We finally have a sole leader in the West! Aero Planes (5-5) have taken the lead in the division that nobody wanted. 6 of the Planes’ 8 starters reached double digits, including Marvin Harrison with 25, Hines Ward with 23, and the Chargers D, who pitched in 20.<p>TacklingDummyRJ’s (1-9) bench outscored his starters 83-66. The biggest mistake was benching Tommy Maddox, whose 40 points went to waste.<p>Outlook: Aero Planes lead the West by a game. TDRJ is out of the playoffs, but can still score points, making them a dangerous spoiler.<p><b>Ebenezer - 102<br>Rochester Rampage (Mike32282) – 88
</b><p>Ebenezer (7-3) kept himself in the Playoff picture with and impressive win over the Rochester Rampage (4-6). 30 points from Isaac Bruce was the difference-maker, while Ladanian Tomlinson scored 20 and Donovan McNabb rounded out the top 3 at 19.<p>The Rampage had a decent day with 3 starters in the 20’s. It’s too bad 3 other starters scored zilch.<p>Outlook: Ebenezer would win the Central if the season ended today. The Rampage are now one game out of first in the West, but it’s still anyone’s ballgame.
<p><b>The Mean Sharks (lordofgun) – 95<br>Ferdilizers (CalBillsFan) – 93</b><p>The Mean Sharks (2-8) are now a force as a spoiler. While not in the Playoffs, the Sharks are a healthy, revamped team that is going to cause headaches for some of it’s division mates in the coming weeks. Michael Vick’s 26 and the Ravens D’s 25 propelled the Sharks to the Win.<p>Ferdilizers (4-6) nearly stole this one on Monday night! The Sharks had a comfortable lead going in, but Jerry Rice’s 22 points wasn’t quite enough.<p>Outlook: The Mean Sharks are done. The Ferdilizers are still just one game out of first in the West.<p><b>Yonkers Platypi Trappers (BF1) - 36<br>The Lake Eerie Monsters (SB43) – 85</b><p>The Lake Eerie Monsters (6-4) kept their playoff hopes alive with a thrashing of the Yonkers Platypi Trappers (3-6-1). Payton Manning led all starters with 31 and Shaun Alexander added 16, which would have been more than enough all by itself. They won despite 37 points on the bench from Plaxico Burress.<p>The Trappers, who basically had no one to start this week because of the Bills’ bye week, benefited from 24 by Kerry Collins, but that was it.<p>Outlook: The Monsters are quietly just one game out of both the Central division lead and the wild card spot. The Trappers are not mathematically eliminated.<p><b>WEEK 11 Game of the week:</b> Ebenezer vs. Aero Planes: Division leaders in the Central and West try to keep their leads. Too bad only one can win. If their division mates can win, this could tighten up the standings even more.<hr>If the season ended after Monday Night’s game, playoff teams would be:<p>1. The Route 20A Cows (East)<br>2. Ebenezer (Central)<br>3. Aero Planes (West)<br>4. Hart Attack (wild card)<p>Teams eliminated from the playoffs: The Mean Sharks, TacklingDummyRJ

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Oh well.

clumping platelets
11-12-2002, 11:46 AM
:sadwalk:

It's a conspiracy

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2002, 11:50 AM
6 wins in a row and I'm STILL not in the :madcurse: playoffs???

lordofgun
11-12-2002, 12:20 PM
Division Tiebreaker is:
1. Division record (Eb 3-0 EE 1-2)
2. Points scored (Eb has scored 10 more points than you.)

You'd better hope you don't end up with a tie, you gotta beat out Eb outright for the best chance.

Of course, the tiebreaker for the wild card is just points scored, so you have a good shot at it if you keep winning..

Dozerdog
11-12-2002, 12:23 PM
I think height is tiebreaker #3

lordofgun
11-12-2002, 12:25 PM
And EE deifinitely loses that one! :lol:

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think height is tiebreaker #3

Well, hell, I'm a lot taller than Eb. After all I am the tallest dwarf. Don Cherry says so.

BillsOwnAll
11-12-2002, 02:28 PM
i gotta get in this next year show u all my FFL skills

4thAndLong
11-12-2002, 03:03 PM
How do you have skills as it if you've never played it? :gag:

BillsOwnAll
11-12-2002, 04:32 PM
i played ff b4 i came in 535 out 300,000+ on smallworld.com i know this is differnet but watch im good

casdhf
11-12-2002, 09:50 PM
its tuf, not as ez as u's think

don137
11-13-2002, 12:23 PM
I can't believe I would still qualify for postseason. My team is falling fast. Too many injuries but that's football unless your a Dolphins fan and can't accept injuries as part of the game.