X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

How To Survive XBOX Live With NHL ESPN 2K5

There is A Way to Play Defense Against Every Offense,.

Theres No Such Thing as a Uncontainable offense,

1. The Break Away Swerve Goals, They Wont Be able to if they never get the breakaway, keep a man back, change the strategy and aggression so one point man stays back...

2. A Team Cant Play Offense if they are stuck on defense, your not goona score if you in your end most of the time.

3. Hitting uses Energy, If Someone is Constantly hitting you.. dont speed burst when they lin you up fake one way and go the other.. their player is basically out of commision for a few seconds if he misses.

4. Deke.. the Deke Control Works, it Drives Players Crazy,

5. Defense.. If the Player Cant Get past the Blue Line.. then He Cant Apply Pressure.

6. Diving .... Use As a Last Ditch Effort, I've played countless people that would repetively dive over and over again in front of my player, and complain when i stop and let them slide buy..

7. Total Stick Control... If some people actually read hte book, instead of insisting its the same game form last year (well with all respect its the Same Engine), You Can Hold Down the TSC button and Use The Thumb Stick to wave your stick around on the ice, knocking it away from players or deflecing passes away (hint... one timer solution... hint)...

8. Use the Ice, You Have ALOT of Surface Area, Spread Things Out East To West, and Open Stuff up North to south, if short passes dont work try long passes ... give n go's etc etc (im sorry if im starting to sound like herb brooks)

9. Puck Rotation... I know for a fact.. this drive other players absolutely bonkers..... When your in their zone... everyone tends to hit that checking button alot .... if you cycle the puck from left to right on the points and from points to wings.. and to the center and back to the wings... move it around alot... diaganal passes from LW to RD etc, drives player nuts.... that and the goalie gets out of positions.. everyone swears point shots rarely work.. when in fact.. i've scroed 70+ in franchise mode.. and well over 40 on xbox live, (cept when i get shutout of course)... if your roatote and move the puck well.. the goalie is out of position... you get a rebound your center picks it up and dumps in the open net...

Need I Say More...
    Im Tired of People Whing About the S-Curve Goals Being Glitches.... and One Timers.. and goalies Mishandling Pucks... "none of that works in real life"....

1.OMG he swerved.. your gonna tell me Dumont learned that from playing Xbox Last Year?? NO Way Buddy..

2. Oh My Goodness.. the Goalie Glitched??

Just Watch that Datsukl 2 Sided Tape Deke :), that Will Show Ya,

I Know Its Annoying when the Same Moves Get Used Over and Over Again..

But they Can Be Prevented.

Goto Any NHL Hockey Team Site and Watch Highlights..
    One Timers, Swerves..... Going up right in fornt o hte goalie then shooting it (zero distance shots), point shots and everything all score goals..

Im Mainly Tired of the People that DONT ACTUALLY PLAY HOCKEY, complain...
    1. Go Read a NHL Regulations Manual...
    2.Go Watch Tapes... They are Real Life Stategys...

I Have Never Given Up any "Swerve", Wrap Around, Deke, or S Glitch Goals, All I Do Is Play Defense, It Dont Care If Im Getting Outshot 30-12, The opponents Shots Are Meaning less bluelined shots, as long as my goalie dont pass out they are easy saves, though ocassionally one slips by him,

then again everyone complains point shots dont work and the only way to score is the glitch, well to them i say, you must be one of those impatient [***] at hockey games that sit and shout "Shoot the Puck" during hte entire Power Play, "PUCK ROTATION" Works, Move the Puck Well Get the Defense Moving, And the Goalie Moving, the Goalie Cant Save a Shot if he's Sliding from left to right,

i've scored countless goals from the blue line, or in the zone between the blue line and the top of the circle, i've scored countless goals from shooting when a defensemand off the face off, and having a forward tap a rebound in an open net, or deflect the shot in the goal, if the shot itself doesnt go in, i drive some of the top 40 players nuts, i mean bonkers with puck rotation, they just give up and start mashing hte check button like he was playing Capcom vs SNK. in the Top 100 Maybe 10 Players Actually Play Hockey, the other 90 are just n00bs that only know 1 thing, to pick the best team in the game, and play with no offsides, and no 2 line passes, and cherrry pick their ** off (have 1 guy all the way up by your goalie so when e gets the puck he passes all the down the ice and burns your goalie 1 on 1 with a nice 2 line pass thats about 40 feet offsides., then theres the lower ones that play on amatuer wher you can fart and the goalie will dive on the ice if he doesnt pass the puck into his own net first.

everyone knows the how everyone scores, but barely anyone plays defense against it, do yourself a favour sign up for a pickup game this week end, and whoever you play against, play the same way you do online, soft passive defense, and see if they dont just skate by you like your a joke, and make your goalie look like a joke as well,

dont give them the opprtunity and they wont expliot it,
    you guys all shouted for a skate backwards button, but i've seen only 1/30 players online use it,

yes Diving is a part of the game, but theres a time to use it and a time not to, 2 on 1 you can dive to block the pass and poke the puck away from the attacker, 5 on 5 when your trapped in your zone, diving is just stupity, instead of having a man on everyone, 1 of your guys will be out of the mix for 3 or 4 seconds sliding across the ice on his rear end, leaving 1 attacking player wide open to do pretty much what he wants, and you guys are lucky theres no Diving penalties for excessive use of that button.

theres nothing wrong with the game, granted the AI could use some strategy learning, where the same move wont work more than twice if at all that many.

Btw, Since hte NHL Is In the Lockout, Gary Bettman Gets 0% of The Revenue From the ESPN NHL 2k Series Sales Nor Any Of the EA Sports NHL Series Or any Of the Cash From Wayne Gretzky Hockey (whenever that comes out, supposedly Fall 2004)
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
Working...
X