PDA

View Full Version : Are the Ravens Fans going to kick my ass on Sunday?

OpIv37
10-22-2004, 08:48 AM
has anyone been to this stadium before? Should I be concerned?

BAM
10-22-2004, 08:51 AM
I was there last year for the preseason game, they didn't do jack ****. A bunch of pussies they are. :up:

Dozerdog
10-22-2004, 08:51 AM

I've never seen a game in Baltimore- but I'll tell ya those people from Maryland are very nice- almost creepy nice.

15 years ago I was working in Baltimore and I dropped my work ID at a gas pump. A nice lady retrieved it - called the company HQ on the back of the ID- somehow managed to trace me to the hotel I was staying at- and said she would drop it off in the morning.

She even invited me to dinner at her house and tried to fix me up with her 20 year old daughter!

Dozerdog
10-22-2004, 08:52 AM
I've never seen a game in Baltimore- but I'll tell ya those people from Maryland are very nice- almost creepy nice.

Except for that sniper guy....

Valerie
10-22-2004, 08:58 AM
That's funny, I don't think the Baltimore fans are very nice at all. Last year at the preseason game things were good, but when I went to the last Bills v. Ravens game the fans were downright nasty! In fact, out of all the stadiums I've been to, the Ravens fans were the WORST, hands down! Even the Skins fans are nicer than the Ravens fans, and you know I have nothing nice to say about the Skins or their fans....EVER!

Maybe I just had a bad experience, but so far, that has been the only bad experience I've had at any football game.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Except for that sniper guy....
:lolcry:

justasportsfan
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
If you hang out w/ R. Rich I doubt any raven fans will bother you.

BAM
10-22-2004, 09:09 AM
I guess it depends who you hang with. You're always gonna find that one group of f'd up ******ed drunks, no matter where you go.

OpIv37
10-22-2004, 09:10 AM

15 years ago I was working in Baltimore and I dropped my work ID at a gas pump. A nice lady retrieved it - called the company HQ on the back of the ID- somehow managed to trace me to the hotel I was staying at- and said she would drop it off in the morning.

She even invited me to dinner at her house and tried to fix me up with her 20 year old daughter!

That's hilarious.

Val, I hope you're wrong. My friend went to a Skins/Bucs game last year and said they were throwing batteries at the Tampa fans. I don't want to deal with that garbage. I'm sure people will talk **** to me- I'd probably do the same at the Ralph- I just don't want any physical altercations.

I'll probably just take justa's advice and try to upgrade my seats to sit near Rich

Michael82
10-22-2004, 09:11 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to be quiet during the game and will save the cheering until I go back to Buffalo. :D

I will be dressed in full Bills attire tho. Bills tshirt, McGahee or Thurman Thomas jersey, Bills hat, Bills jacket.

Michael82
10-22-2004, 09:12 AM
That's hilarious.

Val, I hope you're wrong. My friend went to a Skins/Bucs game last year and said they were throwing batteries at the Tampa fans. I don't want to deal with that garbage. I'm sure people will talk **** to me- I'd probably do the same at the Ralph- I just don't want any physical altercations.

I'll probably just take justa's advice and try to upgrade my seats to sit near Rich
I'll be with Kenny the pinto guy, Philster and helmetguy. We will all have our Bills stuff on and nobody better **** with us. I'll let someone tease me or harass me, but i will not get into any physical fights.

BAM
10-22-2004, 09:13 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to be quiet during the game and will save the cheering until I go back to Buffalo. :D

Pussy! I'm going to be cheering my ass off if the results allow it. If I get my ass beat, I get my ass beat. I'll take one for the team. :snicker2:

BAM
10-22-2004, 09:14 AM
besides...Pride will be there to get my back...

right Pride? :couch:

Michael82
10-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Pussy! I'm going to be cheering my ass off if the results allow it. If I get my ass beat, I get my ass beat. I'll take one for the team. :snicker2:
Okay, fine I'll cheer my ass off...but i definitely won't be taunting the other fans. Hopefully there is a bunch of Bills fans where i'm sitting...nosebleed, section 541. :D

Michael82
10-22-2004, 09:15 AM
besides...Pride will be there to get my back...

right Pride? :couch:
Who are you kidding? Pride will be helping them kick your ass. :snicker:

OpIv37
10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Okay, fine I'll cheer my ass off...but i definitely won't be taunting the other fans. Hopefully there is a bunch of Bills fans where i'm sitting...nosebleed, section 541. :D

I might be near you- I have nosebleed tix but I don't remember exactly which section. I definitely won't be taunting either. BTW you probably won't need the jacket- it's supposed to be 60 degrees (which means all the ravens fans will be wearing hats, gloves and ski jackets).

Valerie
10-22-2004, 09:20 AM
I was with a very quiet family when I was harassed, yelled at and pelted with peanuts. I am NOT a wild, vocal, obnoxious fan. I sit and watch the game. Ask anyone who has been to a game with me. I don't like the Raven's fans, but like I said, maybe that was just one bad experience. Nothing bad happened at the preseason game.

Mr. Miyagi
10-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Maybe she was fugly.

Michael82
10-22-2004, 09:25 AM
I might be near you- I have nosebleed tix but I don't remember exactly which section. I definitely won't be taunting either. BTW you probably won't need the jacket- it's supposed to be 60 degrees (which means all the ravens fans will be wearing hats, gloves and ski jackets).
Oh, sweet. I can bring the shorts too. :snicker:

BAM
10-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Pride and I are in Section 532, Row 21, Seats 5 and 6. :up: http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif

http://www.baltimore-ravens-tickets.com/images/ravens44.jpg

Michael82
10-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Pride and I are in Section 532, Row 21, Seats 5 and 6. :up: http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/jam.gif

Sweet view... :up:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/images/stadium/Section_532L.jpg

Here's mine...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/images/stadium/Section_541L.jpg

Here's the stadium...we are within 9 sections from eachother BAM...

http://www.baltimore-ravens-tickets.com/images/ravens44.jpg

EDS
10-22-2004, 09:30 AM
I went to a Bills Ravens game a couple years ago in Baltimore and had no problems. A Bills fan a few rows behind me did get thrown out. He was being obnoxious but not as obnoxious as some Baltimore fans. Don't be a jerk and you will be fine.

Valerie
10-22-2004, 09:31 AM
I don't know where I'm sitting. My dad got them through one of the commissioners whose wife's boss has season tickets. I hope we're not in the nose bleed seats. Raven's stadium is VERY, VERY HIGH and VERY, VERY STEEP! It's SCARY walking up to the 500's. It makes me dizzy.

The_Philster
10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
who you kidding? you're already dizzy :D

OpIv37
10-22-2004, 10:07 AM
who you kidding? you're already dizzy :D

don't you mean "ditzy"?

Sorry Val, it was too easy

lordofgun
10-22-2004, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't worry about getting beat up. My wife and I went to a game last year (I even took my 6-month old son) and the Baltimore fans around us were so freaking nice even though they knew we were Bills fans.

They didn't talk any trash and they even bought us some nachos and a drink. :eek: We were staying at a hotel that night, but they offered to let us stay in their home...LOL. It was bizarro world.

lordofgun
10-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't worry about getting beat up. My wife and I went to a game last year (I even took my 6-month old son) and the Baltimore fans around us were so freaking nice even though they knew we were Bills fans.

They didn't talk any trash and they even bought us some nachos and a drink. :eek: We were staying at a hotel that night, but they offered to let us stay in their home...LOL. It was bizarro world.
Oh, and although it's not a hard-core atmosphere like it is in Buffalo, they put on a very good show at the stadium. If the Bills ever move, I might root for Baltimore just because of my experience there.

The_Philster
10-22-2004, 10:13 AM
They probably felt sorry for your wife and son being stuck with you. :idunno:

RedEyE
10-22-2004, 10:19 AM

They were just looking for a quick tax break. It was getting close to the end of the year, and they thought they could write off the gifts they gave the red-headed down syndrome boy. :log:

BAM
10-22-2004, 10:21 AM
If the Bills ever move, I might root for Baltimore just because of my experience there.

Me too, but because I'm already an Orioles fan :up: :up:

lordofgun
10-22-2004, 10:22 AM
They were just looking for a quick tax break. It was getting close to the end of the year, and they thought they could write off the gifts they gave the red-headed down syndrome boy. :log:
Actually, it was still summer. Sorry to shoot down your theory.

Valerie
10-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Gosh, I wonder why I had such a bad experience the first time I went. Actually, I had two bad experiences when I was there. Once after the baseball game where the NY Yankees fan caught the ball when they played against the Orioles. My brother wore his NY Yankees jacket to the preseason Ravens v. Vikings game and the fans did NOTHING but yell obscenities at him the entire game. That was when Vinne "I Suck" Testaverde was the Raven's quarterback.

Then the other time was during a regular season game when the Ravens played the Bills and Flutie was the quarterback.

Last year at the game I didn't have a bad experience, but the first two really left a sour taste in my mouth for the Raven's fans.:down:

Hopefully this Sunday will be another good experience.

shotgun
10-22-2004, 10:34 AM
guys i go to ocean city md every summer and stop in balt on my way there and md people are really nice people never had a problum and thay are helpfule if i was going to move out of buffalo thats werer i would go ... if i wanted to move to a bigger city or if the bhills left town ...

gun

BAM
10-22-2004, 10:38 AM
We are being too nice to Baltimore in this thread. F them and their stupid football team. :mad: :mad:

Jeff1220
10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Having lived in MD for 4 years now, I've seen the Ravens fans up close since their SuperBowl season. Most Ravens fans I've met are some of the biggest homers in all of sports, but I've never met any that were downright nasty or anything. They just think that there team has no weeknesses, where the weaknesses are glaringly obvious to eveyone else. I've heard several fans talk about how great their receivers are (?) and how Baxter is one of the best DBs in the league (?) Please.

So, in conclusion: Ravens fans = :homer: yes
Ravens fans = :grind: Not from what I've seen

Hemlepp53
10-22-2004, 10:47 AM

I had a buddy in college who would tell people that a trash talking the Ravens that hes a Ravens Fan and he would Fight over the Ravens.. LoL.. he was an animal though...... B-More's Finest he used to call the Ravens...

OpIv37
10-22-2004, 10:48 AM
well I'm a little encouraged by this thread- it seems like only Val had a bad experience- hopefully this time won't be a repeat.

BAM's right though- normally we have no particular reason to hate Baltimore, but this week they're the enemy. If the Bills lose, I'll definitely be saying "F them and their stupid football team" but not til I'm safely back in my car, out of earshot from the drunks.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2004, 10:52 AM
I'll be with Kenny the pinto guy, Philster and helmetguy. We will all have our Bills stuff on and nobody better **** with us. I'll let someone tease me or harass me, but i will not get into any physical fights.
Nothing to be afraid of running with that posse. :eek:

Gunzlingr
10-22-2004, 11:36 AM
I guess it depends who you hang with. You're always gonna find that one group of f'd up ******ed drunks, no matter where you go.
I heat they sit in Section 123, Row 4 of The Ralph

Gunzlingr
10-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of the Van Buren Boys from Seinfeld, or maybe the 3 Puerto Ricans.

BAM
10-22-2004, 12:01 PM

:snicker:

I heat they sit in Section 123, Row 4 of The Ralph

:snicker:

mybills
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
We are being too nice to Baltimore in this thread. F them and their stupid football team. :mad: :mad:

:hi5: :gobills:

BAM
10-22-2004, 12:17 PM
:hi5: :gobills:

***** right :mad:

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 08:00 PM

Fat Pansy Posse- sounds like a Rap group

:jk: :calm: