• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Why does Travis Henry always seem to get a pass

I have on econcern about Henry on these boards. It seems no matter how many mistakes he makes, the fans make excuses or give him a pass.

First it was sleeping with a minor(what was she 14) then fumbling, he seems to have solved that. Now, he starts slow(We kill any other player who starts slow around here)Latly, he goes wrong way on plays at least once a game and either misses a handoff or blocking assignment and Drew gets killed.

Why is this acceptable.

You know I have always been critical of Travis, I don't think he is elite. He is damned tough, but not elite. It really bothers me though that SOME people on these boards go to extremes to "protect" him. It is like they want McGahee to fail. We should be hoping McGahees is the hyped, real deal. If he is he is EASILY twice the back Travis is.
  • hurls
    • Oct 2003

I don't really see too many protecting Henry. In fact, I think most people here would rather see Willis in there. Myself included.

Comment

• User Manuel
      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by slruh
      I don't really see too many protecting Henry. In fact, I think most people here would rather see Willis in there. Myself included.
      I got murdered on these boards for criticizing him before. I stress some people.

Comment

• hurls
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Lawesome97
        I got murdered on these boards for criticizing him before. I stress some people.
        I'm with ya, I got the #21 jersey last year, and wore it all season for no reason. Finally he started, and almost made it in the endzone. This week, baby, this week Willis!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

BIG WILLIE STYLE!
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            BIG WILLIE STYLE!

ya like that one
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Morgoth
              Can you blow me where the pampers is?
              • Jun 2003

I thought Henry was starting this week? If that's the case I wonder how much of McGahee we'll see considering he didn't get many touches when Henry started before.
              Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• hurls
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Morgoth
                I thought Henry was starting this week? If that's the case I wonder how much of McGahee we'll see considering he didn't get many touches when Henry started before.
                Regardless of who starts, Mularkey's gotta see the upside to getting Willis meaningful time.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by slruh
                  You're right...most people anyway. However juice and throne logic come to mind as people who oppose that move.
                  Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 10-22-2004, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X