PDA

View Full Version : Why does Travis Henry always seem to get a pass

User Manuel
10-22-2004, 01:16 PM
I have on econcern about Henry on these boards. It seems no matter how many mistakes he makes, the fans make excuses or give him a pass.

First it was sleeping with a minor(what was she 14) then fumbling, he seems to have solved that. Now, he starts slow(We kill any other player who starts slow around here)Latly, he goes wrong way on plays at least once a game and either misses a handoff or blocking assignment and Drew gets killed.

Why is this acceptable.

You know I have always been critical of Travis, I don't think he is elite. He is damned tough, but not elite. It really bothers me though that SOME people on these boards go to extremes to "protect" him. It is like they want McGahee to fail. We should be hoping McGahees is the hyped, real deal. If he is he is EASILY twice the back Travis is.

hurls
10-22-2004, 01:18 PM
I don't really see too many protecting Henry. In fact, I think most people here would rather see Willis in there. Myself included.

User Manuel
10-22-2004, 01:21 PM
I don't really see too many protecting Henry. In fact, I think most people here would rather see Willis in there. Myself included.

I got murdered on these boards for criticizing him before. I stress some people.

hurls
10-22-2004, 01:23 PM
I got murdered on these boards for criticizing him before. I stress some people.

I'm with ya, I got the #21 jersey last year, and wore it all season for no reason. Finally he started, and almost made it in the endzone. This week, baby, this week Willis!

DraftBoy
10-22-2004, 01:27 PM
BIG WILLIE STYLE!

The King
10-22-2004, 01:33 PM
BIG WILLIE STYLE!

ya like that one

Morgoth
10-22-2004, 01:48 PM
I thought Henry was starting this week? If that's the case I wonder how much of McGahee we'll see considering he didn't get many touches when Henry started before.

hurls
10-22-2004, 01:53 PM
I thought Henry was starting this week? If that's the case I wonder how much of McGahee we'll see considering he didn't get many touches when Henry started before.

Regardless of who starts, Mularkey's gotta see the upside to getting Willis meaningful time.

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2004, 01:56 PM
I don't really see too many protecting Henry. In fact, I think most people here would rather see Willis in there. Myself included.You're right...most people anyway. However juice and throne logic come to mind as people who oppose that move.