PDA

View Full Version : Hull, Talley, Wilson

northernbillfan
10-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Kent Hull, Darryl Talley and Ralph Wilson are again on this years list of Hall of Fame nominees. The NFL released the preliminary list yesterday.

Steve Tasker's name was included as well. I sure hope they see fit to finally include one of the best Special Team players in the Hall.

List (http://www.profootballhof.com/history//release.jsp?release_id=1318)

RedEyE
10-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Kent Hull, Darryl Talley and Ralph Wilson are again on this years list of Hall of Fame nominees. The NFL released the preliminary list yesterday.

Steve Tasker's name was included as well. I sure hope they see fit to finally include one of the best Special Team players in the Hall.

List (http://www.profootballhof.com/history//release.jsp?release_id=1318)

Man, that's a tough list. I'd have to say Talley, Hull and Tasker will all be waiting their turn. Hard to pass on a lot of those guys.

northernbillfan
10-22-2004, 04:17 PM
But Ralph deserves to be in there, IMO.

RedEyE
10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
But Ralph deserves to be in there, IMO.

Most definitly. :up:

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2004, 05:50 PM
But Ralph deserves to be in there, IMO.He does, and at 86, I think it plays in his favor.

My guess is Ralph and Hull. I would LOVE Tasker to get in, but I think he'll be waiting a few more years unfortunately.

Ickybaluky
10-22-2004, 06:03 PM
The problem is they only allow a limited amount of people in at a time. This year Dan Marino, Steve Young and Michael Irvin all joined the pool of eligible players for the first time. That makes it harder, as all three of them will make it (if not now, eventually).

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Actually after looking at the list, it's gonna be tough this year. IMO, 2 of the 5 spots are already locked with Marino and Young.

That leaves 3, and you still have (some of which have been waiting for many, many years):

L.C. Greenwood
Lester Hayes
Brent Jones
Art Monk
Harry Carson
Roger Craig
Henry Ellard
Sam Mills
Michael Irvin (man I hate that guy)

And then there's the intruguing choice, Derrick Thomas.

Also a sleeper could be Ray Guy, which would be great for Tasker in that it would pave the way for him (if he weren't to get it this year).

HenryRules
10-22-2004, 06:30 PM
I like Tasker ... but I don't think a special teams only player should make the HOF.

Frank Reich was an amazing backup - I don't think he should make the Hall and I consider both positions to be about just as important.

casdhf
10-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Darrick Thomas gets in on the sympathy vote.

Crisis
10-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Is Thomas the one that died in the car crash a couple years back?

Young, Marino, Irvin are all shoe-ins.

hurls
10-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Is Thomas the one that died in the car crash a couple years back?

Ya, the great Chiefs LB

Jayhawk
10-22-2004, 09:16 PM
let's just hope that someone recognizes the bills this time.

maybe we should start a campain to get these players in.

hurls
10-22-2004, 09:37 PM
let's just hope that someone recognizes the bills this time.

maybe we should start a campain to get these players in.

That's a good idea. They campaign for Heismann hopefuls in College. Why not for Pros into the Hall?

Philagape
10-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Plus Dan Reeves

G. Host
10-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Tasker and Ralph both deserve to get in but neither will this time. The NFL decided to keep expanding number of teams and now they want to limit number of people in Hall of Fame? It is becoming a "old boys" club.

hurls
10-22-2004, 10:18 PM
If it's an "old boys club", Ralph is a lock to get in eventually. Tasker's the breakthrough guy needed for special teamers. Ray Guy needs to get in as a punter, also.

G. Host
10-22-2004, 10:30 PM
It is an "old boys club" because Hall of Famers are involved with selection process / rules and they want to make it more "exclusive" now they are in it. Some from public comments in autograph shows think more in Hall of Fame will reduce amount they can get in shows for their autographs.

hurls
10-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Freakin money mongers

G. Host
10-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Many of the older Hall of Famers got peanuts compared to current players so I think they think they are getting their due now.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 07:57 AM
They can put between 4-7 players in
Marino
Thomas
Young
Ralph
Tags
Monk
and
Spielman are my choices
Tasker, Talley, Hull, and Knox are 4 ex-Bills that will likely be waiting a few more years at least