PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe lovers/supporters, I dare you

DaBills
10-24-2004, 03:04 PM
The Drive Killer was in rare form. Rare form. I will admit only one strength that Drew has:

1) He can throw deep downfield. Great for getting back in the game, but unless you're Elway, that's no sure way to comeback. Look how many INT's he has when forced to throw deep in games to date. Case closed.

The 'plus' list ends there.

Negatives:

1) He's too slow for the game.
Can't run to save a sack, and that is KILLING our drives. Killing them. Jim Kelly and Broadway Joe could outrun him. Not important you say because he just has to throw far, not run far? BS.

Look at what Kyle "you never heard of him last year' Boller was able to do to avoid a lot of pressure. Step up and step over quickly. And that's just freakin' Boller. Any QB can and should - except apparently Drew- to sustain drives.

After all this BS about alarm clocks and getting rid of it sooner, he showed for only ONE HALF, the first in the opener, that he actually may have turned it around. He bypassed the deep game for a quick read, throw the slant, 3-step max drop, passer. We didn't need the deep ball because it looked like he was running the short game great. He was able to avoid pressure because it looked like he was playing ahead of it.

Not since though.

3) Inaccuracy.
How many throws did he blow when he had good protection? Circus catch to Moulds in the endzone in TIGHT coverage? That INT the Ravens almost brought back for a TD late? He had very good time but locked in on one receiver the whole time, yet blew it.

How many blown screens, the lofted INT to Deion?

Key throw behind Moulds in the endzone, and don't EVEN tell me Moulds blew it.

4) Can't improvise.
Drew could bootleg or run a pitch to the outside yet I have not seen him do it ONCE this year, NOT ONCE. Under pressure and the best he does is stop, drop and roll.

He runs draws 6 steps behind the line of scrimmage. He can't read the D-line and see they're stacked against the run??????

5) Lack of leadership.
If he was supposed to be more integral to the O, and given more freedom to run his own plays, then why is he not doing it? Same plays EVERY week.

Why isn't he in the face of the coaching staff? Instead, after every turnover/3-and-out, the helmut comes off, hands in the air, and the 'Gosh, that's my fault, deer-in-the-headlights' look.

There is no justifiable reason to keep him as the QB. Since the response will be, 'we have no one left that is ready at this point.' Fine.

When J.P. comes back, he goes in. At that point, there is no reason not to since we will be out of contension for even playing .500 ball.

Defend him please, I want to laugh after all the crying I did today.

Philagape
10-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Put Losman in when he's ready.

The King
10-24-2004, 03:16 PM
When J.P. comes back, he goes in. At that point, there is no reason not to since we will be out of contension for even playing .500 ball.

Defend him please, I want to laugh after all the crying I did today.

I am all for bringing Losman in... but I dont put this game on Drew back. Two INT's on dropped balls thats inexcusable. Lofted INT to deon? How about a bullet off of someones helmet. Drew will not fit this offense thats clear. We lost today because we had 24 rushing yards in the first half. We are one dimensional. Defenses know we cant run so they wait on the pass and thats what you saw today. Drew did lose this game, BUT NO ONE ON THE OFFENSE DID ANYTHING TO WIN IT!!!!

Drewpac
10-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Bledsoe has been damn good this season up until this game. 6 TD, 3 INT's, 86.2 QB rating.

He had a below average game today. And it really wasn't that bad when you consider that most, if not all, of the INT's were his receivers' faults. He showed his poise in the 2nd half by continually leading the Bills down into the red zone and never giving up. You have to consider how bad the RBs were today running the ball; it really allowed the Ravens to key on the pass. Despite all of this, Bledsoe still managed to throw for over 200 yards while completing over 50% of his passes. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah, I know our team is off to a rough start this season but I believe Bledsoe is the type of leader who will turn it around and lead the Bills to the playoffs. You just don't give up on a HOF QB after one bad game.

LABillsFan
10-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Bledsoe has been damn good this season up until this game. 6 TD, 3 INT's, 86.2 QB rating.

He had a below average game today. And it really wasn't that bad when you consider that most, if not all, of the INT's were his receivers' faults. He showed his poise in the 2nd half by continually leading the Bills down into the red zone and never giving up. You have to consider how bad the RBs were today running the ball; it really allowed the Ravens to key on the pass. Despite all of this, Bledsoe still managed to throw for over 200 yards while completing over 50% of his passes. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah, I know our team is off to a rough start this season but I believe Bledsoe is the type of leader who will turn it around and lead the Bills to the playoffs. You just don't give up on a HOF QB after one bad game.

I agree, I believe it was 3 tipped balls by the Bills receivers, but some don't see that. No running game and the play calling was horrendous. Did Drew have a hand in the defeat? Yes, but so did Mike Williams, Reed, Moulds, and the lack of intensity of the entire O line.

BillsFever21
10-24-2004, 03:46 PM
:homer:

DaBills
10-24-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry, but a damn good QB has his team winning. That's leadership. Again, he showed in the first half of the first game that he could overcome intense pressure. He didn't even need 4 secs back there because he would literally go 1-2 and fire it. What happened? Where did that go?

Just curious though. Why Drew, (and the last two qbs here) each seem to get a 3-year pass when it comes to pointing a finger at the anemic offense, yet the RBs' and WRs are blamed?

hurls
10-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Just poor decision making all around by Drew. When a trick play breaks down at the line of scrimmage, you still don't throw to the same receiver, who is now double-covered(Moulds). Luckily for us his pass(cough) came up way short.

FTG
10-24-2004, 03:54 PM
I agree, I believe it was 3 tipped balls by the Bills receivers, but some don't see that. No running game and the play calling was horrendous. Did Drew have a hand in the defeat? Yes, but so did Mike Williams, Reed, Moulds, and the lack of intensity of the entire O line.

Just because they got thier hands on them does not mean they int's were not dumbsoes fault. The only one not on him was the Moulds drop when the game was decided. The McGahee screen was covered and was to high. Ball should never have been thrown. The Evans pass was tipped by Ray Lewis who was right there on coverage. Ball should never have been thrown.

justasportsfan
10-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I agree, I believe it was 3 tipped balls by the Bills receivers, but some don't see that. No running game and the play calling was horrendous. Did Drew have a hand in the defeat? Yes, but so did Mike Williams, Reed, Moulds, and the lack of intensity of the entire O line. he cost us 2 td's. The INT to evans and throwing behind an open Moulds .

LABillsFan
10-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Just curious though. Why Drew, (and the last two qbs here) each seem to get a 3-year pass when it comes to pointing a finger at the anemic offense, yet the RBs' and WRs are blamed?

This all started during the Levy Butler years. Kelly was going to last forever so they never got a quality QB to groom to replace him. That left this team scrambling year after year and even game to game (DF/RJ). The Bills got burned on an unproven QB so the next time they go searching they bring in a veteren starting QB. In the mean time, the O line goes to pot, the salary cap is out of control and the team was gutted by a new GM and Pres.. 4 years later here we are. Who on this team has been here since this team made the playoffs. Moulds and Pat Willams. So in 5 years only 2 players with any capability have been retained. There has been upgrades but it's all been on the D side of the ball and ever since the music city miracle, a revolving door in the coaching area. Hope that helps

DaBills
10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
It was rhetorical.

:funny:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-24-2004, 06:36 PM
The worst thing about Drew is when he is bad, he looks like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen. unfortunately, those games are happening more and more often.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 06:46 PM
The worst thing about Drew is when he is bad, he looks like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen. unfortunately, those games are happening more and more often.Honestly Ghost, they've been happening since Game 3 of '03. If you look at all the games from then until now, his bad games outnumber his good ones at least 2-1.

TD made his first colossal mistake with GW, and his second by keeping Drew after last season.

Bufftp
10-24-2004, 07:53 PM
You would suck behind our O-Line.