Has any coach been fired after just one year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

Has any coach been fired after just one year?

Unless things turn around in a hurry, I wonder if Mularky may be fired after this season?
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

yeah green bay had a coach a few years back that didn't make it to his 2nd season. HEck Lou Holtz didn't finish his first year as JEt's coach.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Drewpac
      • Jul 2002

I'd fire him now. This team sucks.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
        Unless things turn around in a hurry, I wonder if Mularky may be fired after this season?
        Ray Rhodes, Packers coach was fired after a year (8-8)..

Mularkey is in year 1 of a 5 year deal...TD has a year left on his deal...can't see RW eating those salaries.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Unless there's some sort of out in his contract, RW would have to pay him the remaining 4 years of payment. We know that won't happen, so I'd say we're stuck with MM for a while.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Ray Rhodes, Packers coach was fired after a year (8-8)..

Mularkey is in year 1 of a 5 year deal...TD has a year left on his deal...can't see RW eating those salaries.
            Ralph may have to eat his salary if he wants to sell tickets. Fans are going to demand somebody's head or they will just stop buying tickets.

4 years of a rookie coach contract is chump change compared to what it could cost him in lost revenue.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

yeah but I would fire, TD, and the offensive staff first and shorten MM contract first
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Ralph may have to eat his salary if he wants to sell tickets. Fans are going to demand somebody's head or they will just stop buying tickets.

4 years of a rookie coach contract is chump change to what it could cost him.
                Agreed. 18-36, 1-9 in the last 10 games, no playoffs in 5 years will make for some fan pushback.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                  yeah but I would fire, TD, and the offensive staff first and shorten MM contract first
                  Okay. Let's have some fun and speculate who might be available if indeed the Bills create a vacancy.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Pete Carroll, Jets, 1994. And the funny thing is he was 6-10, which will be far better than whatever the Bills have this year.

Joe Bugel, Raiders, 1997. 4-12 record.

Marty Schottenheimer, Redskins, 2001, 8-8 record.
                    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 10-24-2004, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      Pete Carroll, Jets, 1994. And the funny thing is he was 6-10, which will be far better than whatever the Bills have this year.

Joe Bugel, Raiders, 1997. 4-12 record.

Marty Schottenheimer, Redskins, 2001, 8-8 record.
                      • After seeing him w/ the Pats and Jets, there's no way I'd want Pete Carroll in here. I don't care how good USC is.
                      • I'm not very familiar w/ Bugel. Any good?
                      • I'd take Marty over any of the coaches in Buffalo since Wade left.
                      • Maybe Kirk Ferentz could be lured out of Iowa this year?
                      [/list]

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                        • After seeing him w/ the Pats and Jets, there's no way I'd want Pete Carroll in here. I don't care how good USC is.
                        • I'm not very familiar w/ Bugel. Any good?
                        • I'd take Marty over any of the coaches in Buffalo since Wade left.
                        • Maybe Kirk Ferentz could be lured out of Iowa this year?
                        [/list]

Ferentz would be a fool to take a coaching job with us.

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

Ferentz would never come to B-Lo

He is at Iowa till he retires unless Cowher somehow messes up Big Ben
                          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            • Jul 2002

Ferentz would be a fool to take a coaching job with us.
                            True, but w/ his OL knowledge, he might be just the kind of guy the Bills need.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                                I'm not very familiar w/ Bugel. Any good?
                                I'd take Marty over any of the coaches in Buffalo since Wade left.
                                Maybe Kirk Ferentz could be lured out of Iowa this year?
                              Actually that was just a list of coaches who were fired after one year, not ones that I'd want here.

And altho I like him, Marty is still the HC of SD so he is not available.

Comment

Working...
                              X