PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks it was smart to hold onto Henry now that the trade deadline has passed?

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 03:16 PM
His trade value went down with his stellar performance today. If we're lucky, we might be able to get a 7th rounder for him by season's end. :rolleyes:

FTG
10-24-2004, 03:19 PM
bench him. the more he plays the less we get for him

Jayhawk
10-24-2004, 03:19 PM
not I said the big drunk

BillsFever21
10-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Myself along with some other posters were right. We preached all offseason that was the time to trade him. His value was the highest it was ever gonna be but we missed the boat as it sailed away.

We would've most likely scored a 1st round pick for him in the offseason. We probably could've even traded him to Dallas on the draft day trade especially if we added another draft pick along with it to sweeten up the deal.

He came off of two good seasons and Dallas was in dire need of a RB. They would've took Henry and also gained a 2nd round pick along with it. Would've been a good deal for both sides. Instead we got robbed and bent over the kitchen table on that deal.

Now we will be lucky to get a conditional 2nd round pick at the most. Thanks again, Donahoe.

Mad Bomber
10-24-2004, 03:30 PM
His trade value went down with his stellar performance today. If we're lucky, we might be able to get a 7th rounder for him by season's end. :rolleyes:

I agree, but my fear is that WM is one hit away from tearing up his surgically repaired knee, never to play again....

Jayhawk
10-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Myself along with some other posters were right. We preached all offseason that was the time to trade him. His value was the highest it was ever gonna be but we missed the boat as it sailed away.

We would've most likely scored a 1st round pick for him in the offseason. We probably could've even traded him to Dallas on the draft day trade especially if we added another draft pick along with it to sweeten up the deal.

He came off of two good seasons and Dallas was in dire need of a RB. They would've took Henry and also gained a 2nd round pick along with it. Would've been a good deal for both sides. Instead we got robbed and bent over the kitchen table on that deal.

Now we will be lucky to get a conditional 2nd round pick at the most. Thanks again, Donahoe.good for you, you want a cookie!

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 03:33 PM
I agree, but my fear is that WM is one hit away from tearing up his surgically repaired knee, never to play again....

So is any other running back in the NFL. Besides, this season is a waste. We hardly need 2 starting RB's on the roster. We could have got something for him. Now we'll be lucky to get anything.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Who thinks it was smart to hold onto Henry now that the trade deadline has passed?

Tom Donohoe.

justasportsfan
10-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Maybe Parcells will give us our first pick next year if we trade them Henry and throw in Bledsoe as well.

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Parcells may give us our first pick back for Henry if we throw in Bledsoe as well.

Now THAT is funny!! :roflmao:

FTG
10-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Maybe Parcells will give us our first pick next year if we trade them Henry and throw in Bledsoe as well.

And maybe Mikey will get laid tonight too :snicker:

DaBills
10-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Parcells left NE because he wanted to get away from Drew.

;-)

Kenny
10-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Even if that does happen, would it really be that hard to find another running back that can run as 'well' as Henry does?

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Even if that does happen, would it really be that hard to find another running back that can run as 'well' as Henry does?

Joe Burns or Shaud Williams will do.

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 04:46 PM

Unless a team was willing to give you a starting player (OL) to help immediatly, then what is the value of trading a guy for picks now?

Would you trade a guy "just to trade" him or hang on to him (insurance) and get picks closer to the draft?

How do we know that anyone actually wanted to trade at this point?

Pat Kirwan on the NFL Radio Net was a former GM in the league. He says teams love Henry's contract and they do see him as a 1400 yard back. The more carries McGahee gets the less wear and tear on a guy who has been nicked up each season. He will be a desired commodity this offseason.

Look around the league- the only trades made so far have been one team' s problem child for another.

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:48 PM
So why didn't we trade our child-lovin' problem child? J/K

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 04:57 PM
How do we know that we COULDN'T have gotten anything worthwhile for him? TD didn't even try to shop him around.

Now you have a full blown RB controversy and QB who is a lame duck. Good job TD!! :up:

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 04:58 PM
How do we know that we COULDN'T have gotten anything worthwhile for him? TD didn't even try to shop him around.

And how do we know that?

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 04:59 PM
And how do we know that?

Do you argue just for the sake of argueing? :huh:

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Now you have a full blown RB controversy and QB who is a lame duck. Good job TD!! :up:

What a great team. We used to have a QB controversy, and a lame-duck RB.

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 05:00 PM
What a great team. We used to have a QB controversy, and a lame-duck RB.

:rofl: