This is a rewind of the 1976 and 19777 seasons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

This is a rewind of the 1976 and 19777 seasons!

Maybe this will only register with other old fart Bills fans, but...

Does anyone else remember the 1976 and 1977 Bills?

This team reminds me of them. Totally inept offense, lots of UNTIMELY penalties (seemed like every time they did something good there was a flag), a defense that was great on 1st and 2nd downs, but always gave up the big play...

Went 2-14 in 1976 and 3-11 in 1977. We were a losing franchise.

Maybe some of you are too young to remember those dismal years when the Bills were a losing franchise. We've had some success during the '90s, but we have again sunk to the point of being a losing organization. I frankly don't see a light at the end of the tunnel (other than the headlight of an oncoming train) as long as our front office and coaching staff continue with the status quo....

Somebody please tell me that I'm just depressed and that things are really not that bad!
  • ArcticWildMan

I remember those days.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

well considering the fact that I think that I am the youngest on the board (25) I don't
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• BillyT92679
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
        well considering the fact that I think that I am the youngest on the board (25) I don't
        You're 6 months older than I am.

I started watching the Bills in 1986, and this team reminds me vaguely of them; lot of talent but just could not seal the deal.
        Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

I was there. To be honest I think this team is much more of a disappointment than those seasons. But like those years, it's going to take about 2 more years before this team can compete.
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
            Maybe this will only register with other old fart Bills fans, but...

Does anyone else remember the 1976 and 1977 Bills?

This team reminds me of them. Totally inept offense, lots of UNTIMELY penalties (seemed like every time they did something good there was a flag), a defense that was great on 1st and 2nd downs, but always gave up the big play...

Went 2-14 in 1976 and 3-11 in 1977. We were a losing franchise.

Maybe some of you are too young to remember those dismal years when the Bills were a losing franchise. We've had some success during the '90s, but we have again sunk to the point of being a losing organization. I frankly don't see a light at the end of the tunnel (other than the headlight of an oncoming train) as long as our front office and coaching staff continue with the status quo....

Somebody please tell me that I'm just depressed and that things are really not that bad!
            in 1975, the Bills had their best offense(point wise) in history- almost 30 per game. Unfortunately, the defense also averaged nearly as much. Injuries & bad trades killed the 1976-77 offense while I never recalled any talent on the other side of the ball.

But this current team has the most wasted "potential" of any I can remember.

Comment

Working...
            X