PDA

View Full Version : Henry v. McGahee today

DraftBoy
10-24-2004, 03:21 PM
I see neither had great stats:
Henry 7 carries 27 yds lng of 19 3.8 avg 0TD
McGahee 16 carries 58 yds lgn of 15 3.6 avg 0TD

So who had the better game as the stats are almost identical although from the looks of it Henry got his ass benched at one point or another.

Drewpac
10-24-2004, 03:22 PM
All of Henry's yards came in garbage time. Neither one was very impressive today but I think McGahee looked a little better than Travis. If it were up to me, I would make Willis the starter next week.

Typ0
10-24-2004, 03:25 PM
There was one point that WM was in the game and so were we in the 3rd...and he was gaining yards and moving the ball into the red zone. Then we threw a pass on first down inside the 10 like morons and screwed it up. We should have ran WM down there four times if need be. WM was a part of the offense moving the ball until DB threw an interception...TH did nothing when it mattered.

FTG
10-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Willis was better. He got yards wehn there were none. Henry looked awful. He had 1 20 yard run in garbage time when the Ravens were playing pass and did not care.

Mad Bomber
10-24-2004, 03:28 PM
I see neither had great stats:
Henry 7 carries 27 yds lng of 19 3.8 avg 0TD
McGahee 16 carries 58 yds lgn of 15 3.6 avg 0TD

So who had the better game as the stats are almost identical although from the looks of it Henry got his ass benched at one point or another.

DB,

I don't think it's as much about stats as what each running back brings to the table. WM has the ability to break runs, knock people over, and make yards in short yardage situations. That's why I think he should start.

DaBills
10-24-2004, 03:30 PM
I say Willis. I don't remember seeing Henry make Ray Lewis miss.

But, having said that, both of those guys could have been utilized better in the redzone. This up the gut mentality every time is killing us.

Typ0
10-24-2004, 03:33 PM
I say Willis. I don't remember seeing Henry make Ray Lewis miss.

But, having said that, both of those guys could have been utilized better in the redzone. This up the gut mentality every time is killing us.

The thing is we needed to run up the gut last week with TH and couldn't...but we won anyway. This team today we definately had no business running between the tackles...WM should have started and ran sweeps all day long. On DB first int we should never have thrown the damn ball again.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Willis. Period. TH needs to accept the backup role until we trade him after the season (now that the trade deadline is over...good job TD)

DraftBoy
10-24-2004, 03:34 PM
DB,

I don't think it's as much about stats as what each running back brings to the table. WM has the ability to break runs, knock people over, and make yards in short yardage situations. That's why I think he should start.

Ohh I agree wholeheartidly but I cant see the games so can only go by stats so thats a big reason I started these type threads, to see what people who saw the game think.

Kenny
10-24-2004, 03:35 PM
What I've noticed so far about McGahee is his patience. When the gap closes up, he'll do his stutter step or something, and find a way to gain a couple of yards.

Henry on the other hand, will just run straight into the wall, trying to make a hole or something, instead of bouncing it to the outside.

McGahee is our runningback... Henry is now trade bait for this offseason.

LABillsFan
10-24-2004, 04:36 PM
What I've noticed so far about McGahee is his patience. When the gap closes up, he'll do his stutter step or something, and find a way to gain a couple of yards.

Henry on the other hand, will just run straight into the wall, trying to make a hole or something, instead of bouncing it to the outside.

McGahee is our runningback... Henry is now trade bait for this offseason.

I agree 100%. WM seems to have the power as well.

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:40 PM
DB,

Exactamundo!

Nighthawk
10-24-2004, 06:09 PM
McGahee made something out of nothing...Henry couldn't do it. He should no longer be our starter...period!

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Anyone who cannot see that Willis is clearly the better running back is just plain ****ing stupid. Seriously, if I was Travis Henry I would appoint Willis the starter myself. Ideally, I wish Henry would accept this fact and be cool with it.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Ideally, I wish Henry would accept this fact and be cool with it.
It would be ideal but it will never happen. As I said at the start of the season, having two starting RBs in the backfield (in their particular situation) was going to create more problems than answers.

hintexas
10-24-2004, 07:18 PM
I think the Bills are even realizing this several play calls late in the game when Henry were in that could have been running plays were just a fake to Henry and a pass. Whil the Ball was given to Willis. Henry runs harder into a hole but when he gets to the whole and a defender plugs it he is stopped. Willis runs sort of sideways into a whole and when a defender plugs it Willis keeps his legs driving and gets yards after the hits the defender.

Like the announcer in the game said who cares about who is running back the offensive line with the offensive line playing poorly it doesnt matter.