PDA

View Full Version : The Ostriches are awfully quiet today

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 04:01 PM
:scratch:

FTG
10-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Give them time. They will be hear eventually to tell us how only 1 INT was Bledsoes fault and he really did not play to bad.

Jeff1220
10-24-2004, 04:03 PM
I thought that ended weeks ago. :question:

Philagape
10-24-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm here. Start JP. Even Matthews until JP is ready.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Give them time. They will be hear eventually to tell us how only 1 INT was Bledsoes fault and he really did not play to bad.
Normally I would agree, but I don't even think the staunchest Ostrich is going to say that this time. I think their heads are finally out of the sand now after this latest "performance".

FTG
10-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Normally I would agree, but I don't even think the staunchest Ostrich is going to say that this time. I think their heads are finally out of the sand now after this latest "performance".

Phil was at the game or he'd be here making excuses for Drew. Notice how Dr. Optimist has not been around much latley :D

Tatonka
10-24-2004, 04:50 PM
to be blunt.. anyone who thinks that drew is anything other than a big pile of **** is a total ****** idiot.

honey
10-24-2004, 04:55 PM
HEY! I have been a BIG, HUGE supporter of Drew and I have given up. I even started a thread to that effect. :sadwalk:

Mr. Cynical
I'm not going to apologize for giving Ostriches a hard time today either. I've been blasted enough by them being called a hater and someone who doesn't know football to warrant some give back.

ArcticWildMan
to be blunt.. anyone who thinks that drew is anything other than a big pile of **** is a total ****** idiot.

Drew is the greatest...whoops!!! Nevermind. :D

FTG
10-24-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not going to apologize for giving Ostriches a hard time today either. I've been blasted enough by them being called a hater and someone who doesn't know football to warrant some give back.

:up: Keep being hard on them. Us "haters" were all told how we would be eating our words. Guess not!

Bufftp
10-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Drew is the best! Our O-line and recievers and backs and the D and the coaches suck!

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Drew is the best our O-line and recievers and backs and D and coaches suck!
Atta boy. :;

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 10:12 PM
I guess Philster isn't home yet. :snicker:

BAM
10-24-2004, 10:14 PM
What's this Ostrich Club you speak of? :idunno:

:couch:

Turf
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Drew may be a tool, but the offensive line is even worse.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
What's this Ostrich Club you speak of? :idunno:

:couch:
:lolpoint: BAM

:jk:

BAM
10-24-2004, 10:17 PM
:D

:idunno:

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Oh..you were being serious? I thought when you used the couch you were being facetious about not knowing what it was. The Ostrich Club was comprised of people who always defended Drew and kept saying he will get better and/or it was the oline's fault, the coaches fault, the system, etc. The general effect was like that of an ostrich, i.e., burying one's head in the sand about the reality of Drew.

While I agree that the oline carries a good deal of fault as well, Drew made it look even worse and should have been cut before the season began, especially given the insane amount of money they paid him.

Turf
10-24-2004, 10:41 PM
And that amount of money could have brought in some O-Line men, if any were available. I was all for letting him go.
I wish the Bills would learn, the O-Line is the priority of the team, always.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2004, 10:42 PM

That is quite a statement to make and it is disgusting of you to make it.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Oh..you were being serious? I thought when you used the couch you were being facetious about not knowing what it was. The Ostrich Club was comprised of people who always defended Drew and kept saying he will get better and/or it was the oline's fault, the coaches fault, the system, etc. The general effect was like that of an ostrich, i.e., burying one's head in the sand about the reality of Drew.

While I agree that the oline carries a good deal of fault as well, Drew made it look even worse and should have been cut before the season began, especially given the insane amount of money they paid him.

Yeah, we could have a guy like Fiedler or Kyle Boller back there. :rolleyes:

TigerJ
10-24-2004, 10:54 PM
I've kind of tread the middle ground. It is clear to me that the combination of this offensive line and this QB don't work together. Since It will take longer to revamp the offensive line, Drew's days are numbered. Buffalo will not and should not start Losman for a while yet. He needs to be fully healed with some decent post-injury practice time under his belt. I would not object to the Bills giving Matthews a shot, though I don't think that's going to happen. I want to make it clear, however that just switching QBs will not completely hide the weaknesses of this offensive line. The Bills have to do whatever they can to fix that too.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah, we could have a guy like Fiedler or Kyle Boller back there. :rolleyes:
A rather odd statement coming from someone who just created a thread called "I am officiallly done being optimistic with this team under Drew" :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2004, 11:02 PM
A rather odd statement coming from someone who just created a thread called "I am officiallly done being optimistic with this team under Drew" :idunno:

Why, I said I still like Drew but I don't think we can win with him for a avariety of reasons. I still think there are quite a few worse QBs than Drew.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Why, I said I still like Drew but I don't think we can win with him for a avariety of reasons. I still think there are quite a few worse QBs than Drew.There are always worse players in the league that are not on your team. That's a given. The bottom line is that whatever you or I or anyone else thinks is the cause, Drew is not working out and hasn't for a long time. That much is a certainty.

I don't think we'll do that much better with Matthews but that's not why I want him in there. The front office needs to send a message that losing is not acceptable. The way you send that message is to make it clear that no player is untouchable. Until now, Drew has been untouchable. Why? Because TD is a stubborn, egotistical ass. He never admits to a mistake. Benching Drew in favor of Matthews will send that message and the team needs to hear it. And when JP is healthy he needs to go in to get ready for '05.

lunatic_bills_fan
10-25-2004, 07:42 AM

I sense a tad bit of tention "t". All absolutely warrented however.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Phil was at the game or he'd be here making excuses for Drew. Notice how Dr. Optimist has not been around much latley :D
:rolleyes: more lies from the king of them...I've always been critical of Drew for mistakes. Just because I see more than just the QB at fault, I'm blind to his faults? Read my title

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:36 AM
:rolleyes: more lies from the king of them...I've always been critical of Drew for mistakes. Just because I see more than just the QB at fault, I'm blind to his faults? Read my title

:roflmao: I knew when I wrote that it would piss you off

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2004, 09:42 AM

You are such a hater!!

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
I sense a tad bit of tention "t". All absolutely warrented however.

honestly.. i think i am way more pissed off than i have been in a while.. a little part of me kept trying to keep hope alive.. that we were going to win against baltimore, be 2-4 and have a chance on not being a total joke of a team.. after watching what i watched yesterday.. i am beyond disgust.. i am sick to my stomach, and the realization that this season means nothing and that i have wasted so much time on this team researching free agent crap and being a "draft expert" all to just watch our draft picks suck and not sign any free agents that make a difference.. doing radio shows and round tables and all that crap..

it is all just a waste.. like watching the games and expecting to win.. that is the biggest waste of time as well..

i think i have hit my limit of frustration that has been here since greg williams took over.. and i am just mad as hell the past 2 days. :mad:

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 09:51 AM
:roflmao: I knew when I wrote that it would piss you off
keep dreaming. If your posts had any basis in fact, they might piss me off more

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:54 AM
keep dreaming. If your posts had any basis in fact, they might piss me off more

I can go back and bump some Kordell Stewart posts if you wanna talk about fact

imbondz
10-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Drew Bledsoe will still make the Hall of Fame. He has 2 good years left DEPENDING on the coaching staff. If...o.k., just kidding.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
I can go back and bump some Kordell Stewart posts if you wanna talk about fact
yep...same thing entirely :rolleyes:

FTG
10-25-2004, 10:03 AM
yep...same thing entirely :rolleyes:

If you wana get mad at me because you were wrong about Drew thats fine with me Phil. :liar:

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 10:56 AM
yeah...that's what it is. :rolleyes: You know as well as I do it's not being wrong that bugs me, it's the endless lies