PDA

View Full Version : Is this team that bad???

youngunz
10-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Before the start of the regular season I like many Bills fans were very optimistic that the Bills would be very competative and possible challenge for a playoff berth (I may have been too optimistic as I placed a bet that Buffalo would win the AFC). However, doom and gloom has set in. Each week I come to this BB ready to vent my frustration, however, weather it be a last second touchdown, a DUMB play by Bledsoe, a fumble return, a DUMB play by Bledsoe, I just sit in front of the keyboard unable to fathom what I have just watched.

Is it coaching? Yes! M.M. is way over his head. Jerry Gray is a fraud!

Is it the GM? Yes! T.D. has proven that the game has passed him by. T.D. is more concerned with sticking it to the Steelers than making solid decisions that will help his CURRENT team.

Is it the QB? I could write for hours on this one....But let me just say J.P. is practing now.

Is it the RB's? You can't blame Henry. Henry has been one of our most consistant players over the years. He is now forced to play hurt, becuase he does not want to become footballs version of Wally Pip.

Is it the receivers? Look who is throwing them the Ball

Is it the OL? We can blame this group; however, the coaching staff should know their strengths (maybe limited) and call plays accordingly.

Is it the Defense? Aside from Jerry Gray's blitz ....NO!

Is it the Special Teams? When your Punter breaks the teams longest run from scrimmage and then starts pumping up the crowd (yes the punter). You know this unit is doing well.

So Mr. Wilson and B.Z. readers Changes must come from the TOP. T.D. must go. In answer to a previous post, yes a coach can be fired after one season. It's too late to get rid of J.G. after he just resigned. As soon as he is ready J.P. needs to be taking snaps, so that next year he will not be running around like a rookie. Travis, unfortunately, needs to be traded. The upside is greater with Mcgahee.

<wow that felt good!>

Mad Bomber
10-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Before the start of the regular season I like many Bills fans were very optimistic that the Bills would be very competative and possible challenge for a playoff berth (I may have been too optimistic as I placed a bet that Buffalo would win the AFC). However, doom and gloom has set in. Each week I come to this BB ready to vent my frustration, however, weather it be a last second touchdown, a DUMB play by Bledsoe, a fumble return, a DUMB play by Bledsoe, I just sit in front of the keyboard unable to fathom what I have just watched.

Is it coaching? Yes! M.M. is way over his head. Jerry Gray is a fraud!

Is it the GM? Yes! T.D. has proven that the game has passed him by. T.D. is more concerned with sticking it to the Steelers than making solid decisions that will help his CURRENT team.

Is it the QB? I could write for hours on this one....But let me just say J.P. is practing now.

Is it the RB's? You can't blame Henry. Henry has been one of our most consistant players over the years. He is now forced to play hurt, becuase he does not want to become footballs version of Wally Pip.

Is it the receivers? Look who is throwing them the Ball

Is it the OL? We can blame this group; however, the coaching staff should know their strengths (maybe limited) and call plays accordingly.

Is it the Defense? Aside from Jerry Gray's blitz ....NO!

Is it the Special Teams? When your Punter breaks the teams longest run from scrimmage and then starts pumping up the crowd (yes the punter). You know this unit is doing well.

So Mr. Wilson and B.Z. readers Changes must come from the TOP. T.D. must go. In answer to a previous post, yes a coach can be fired after one season. It's too late to get rid of J.G. after he just resigned. As soon as he is ready J.P. needs to be taking snaps, so that next year he will not be running around like a rookie. Travis, unfortunately, needs to be traded. The upside is greater with Mcgahee.

<wow that felt good!>

Gunz...

Welcome to the Zone!!!

Nice post. I have to agree with almost everything you said here (that'a a positive rep). However, Henry is not what what this team needs to change its fortunes. We need to use WM more, because he has the ability to break the big play.

Jayhawk
10-24-2004, 04:10 PM
if you just blame Drew it makes it easier.

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:11 PM
I know Henry is hurt, but I think they finally realized McGahee's a better option right now. Just because TH did it before shouldn't guarantee his starting job. He has no burst, and no pop to the outside like Willis owns. Too bad we missed the deadline. But what could we really have gotten now, for a hurt Henry? The only use for his play is to showcase for an offseason trade. Now that I've put you to sleep, YES, this team is this bad.

Jeff1220
10-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Is this team that bad?>
Yes!

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 04:18 PM
:welcome:

You can't blame the defense at all- they held them to 160 total yards , forced a turnover deep in enemy territory to start the game, and beat up Boller.

TD has done well on one side of the ball, defense. Our OL is putrid- and while I really dont have a lot oif issues with whom we drafted in 2001, 2002 & 2003 ( I honestly beleive we picked the best players on the board at the time) some of these bums have just not stepped up.

We need to get JP going. I was against it earlier, thoinking we could salvage the 0-4 start. But it's time to get him going now.

Arod3619
10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
hey guys just joined the site today. I was just wondering is it me or is this team the most frustrating team in buffalo bills history. Every game they find a way to lose. And the worst thing is that our defense is getting older and by the time jp and willis and evans become stars are defense will be gone and the misery will continue.

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:23 PM
hey guys just joined the site today. I was just wondering is it me or is this team the most frustrating team in buffalo bills history. Every game they find a way to lose. And the worst thing is that our defense is getting older and by the time jp and willis and evans become stars are defense will be gone and the misery will continue.

Welcome to the Zone, Arod!! Great name. By the way, this team is damn frustrating, I agree.

Jeff1220
10-24-2004, 04:24 PM

I'm hoping JP, Willis and Lee will be stars next year. :pray:

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 04:24 PM

Depends on your age I guess.... and perspective.

The Bills put up some real stinky teams in the late 60's early 70's. 84-85 was hideous too. But this team has way more talent then those teams.

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:26 PM

The Bills put up some real stinky teams in the late 60's early 70's. 84-85 was hideous too. But this team has way more talent then those teams.

Agreed. Going to College rooting for them in the 80's sucked.

Arod3619
10-24-2004, 04:29 PM

The fact that they have so much talent is the frustrating thing, cause were better than teams like atlanta and detroit. but they both have better records i just dont understand it.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 04:35 PM
The fact that they have so much talent is the frustrating thing, cause were better than teams like atlanta and detroit. but they both have better records i just dont understand it.
The reasons are fairly clear I think. The defense is not perfect but more than good enough to win games. So you have:

We currently have talent at the skill positions on offense except one - QB.
Our oline is horrendous.
MM is a rookie HC.
#1 is fixable with JP (hopefully)
#2 is fixable next year if TD gets his head out of his ass
#3 is fixable with time (hopefully...he could very well suck at this point)

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:36 PM

ATL and Detroit have QB's that play games to win. We have a QB who plays not to lose, and fails miserably.

generalmills
10-24-2004, 04:37 PM
This team kills me each and every week.... The talent is there.. especially on the defensive side of the ball. The defense held the ravens to a total of 0 yards in the third quarter..it just does not get any better then that..

3 times this offense was in the red zone and came away with a field goal at best! Just when you think it cannot get any worse it does.

I cannot see this defense continue to play at this level...if there is not a split locker room right now...its coming... MM and TD your dedication and loyalty to drew bledsoe has created a monster, Have fun getting out of it

Arod3619
10-24-2004, 04:39 PM
ATL and Detroit have QB's that play games to win. We have a QB who plays not to lose, and fails miserably.

You are correct on that. I guess like most of you im hoping jp turns out to have the kind of heart like a brett favre. The one thing i can say is my older brother had the college game day plan and we watched alot of tulane games last year and he played behind a worse offensive line then ours which i know is hard to believe. so at least hell be prepared. hopefully :pray:

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2004, 04:44 PM
This team kills me each and every week.... The talent is there.. especially on the defensive side of the ball. The defense held the ravens to a total of 0 yards in the third quarter..it just does not get any better then that..

3 times this offense was in the red zone and came away with a field goal at best! Just when you think it cannot get any worse it does.

I cannot see this defense continue to play at this level...if there is not a split locker room right now...its coming... MM and TD your dedication and loyalty to drew bledsoe has created a monster, Have fun getting out of it

If Drew starts next week, look for the wheels to start coming off the bus. Shane Matthews needs to start in order to try and turn things around.

Mad Bomber
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
If Drew starts next week, look for the wheels to start coming off the bus. Shane Matthews needs to start in order to try and turn things around.

Hey bro, I agree. The sad thing is that I think that Matthews sucks, and it's not as much as much as trying to turn things around, but keeping the Silver Streak from hitting the train station a little gentler. (Am I too f***in' old, and is this too old a movie reference?)

shelby
10-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Newbies...:welcome:

Yes, we do suck copious amounts of ass. :doh:

snow1989
10-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Newbies...:welcome:

Yes, we do suck copious amounts of ass. :doh:

copious? oh, thats alot.....I was going to go with oodles....but yes, copious covers it

solomon100
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm hoping JP, Willis and Lee will be stars next year. :pray:

Bufflao is following the formula of the past years and the colts
great qb , receiver and franchise back with a great defense

see kelly, reed and thomas
see manning , harrison, edgering james

losman, evans mcgahee

does this look like a familiar formula too anyone?

Mad Bomber
10-24-2004, 09:03 PM
losman, evans, mcgahee

Losman is injured and has never taken a snap...

Evans.....did he play today??????

McGahee.....not getting the work he deserves...

Let's hope and pray that in the future we get coaches who can use these 3 to make us into a real offense!