PDA

View Full Version : When will Fletcher finally do it?

hurls
10-24-2004, 04:43 PM
When will that @*#&* finally have a game without a freakin' big penalty? What is his f'n problem?

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 05:07 PM
When will that @*#&* finally have a game without a freakin' big penalty? What is his f'n problem?

I didn't think the penalty was

1) warrented. Fletch was off his feet before Boller released. It wasa close call.

2) Cost us the game > It kept a FG drive alive but I'd rather keep my LB's aggressive and getting a lick in on the QB. It wasn't a flagrantly dumb penalty by any means. It was one of those "QB's gotta wear a dress" penalties.

Cntrygal
10-24-2004, 05:08 PM

1) warrented. Fletch was off his feet before Boller released. It wasa close call.

2) Cost us the game > It kept a FG drive alive but I'd rather keep my LB's aggressive and getting a lick in on the QB. It wasn't a flagrantly dumb penalty by any means. It was one of those "QB's gotta wear a dress" penalties.

I agree.

hurls
10-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Still a bad play. And explain the kicking the ball penalties in early games.

Cntrygal
10-24-2004, 05:13 PM

Later Fletcher crushed him in the same exact manner and no flag. The first flag was BS. I NEVER claimed he was innocent for the kicking the ball penalties or other stupid penalties. Just in this case, I think the call was wrong.

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 05:22 PM

Kicking the ball penalty was stupid.

But that roughing the QB call today- and the one vs the Pats were IMHO pretty weak calls- and If I were the coach I'd tell him to keep coming hard...not be a pussy and be afraid of penalties.

Captain gameboy
10-24-2004, 05:25 PM
BS call.
So was running into the kicker.

Gerry Austin is losing it.

BFBills
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM
wasnt worrented he WAS off his feet b4 the throw...me and my father said that right away

hurls
10-24-2004, 10:13 PM
wasnt worrented he WAS off his feet b4 the throw...me and my father said that right away

It doesn't matter if you're off your feet. He hit Boller in the head. He could have taken off in Buffalo, never touched ground, and it's still a penalty. Stupid.

helmetguy
10-24-2004, 10:29 PM
BS call.
So was running into the kicker.

Gerry Austin is losing it.

As if Austin ever had it?

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 10:31 PM
It doesn't matter if you're off your feet. He hit Boller in the head. He could have taken off in Buffalo, never touched ground, and it's still a penalty. Stupid.
weak call

HAMMER
10-24-2004, 10:38 PM
I agree it is lame but he hit him in the head, that will get called every time!

DaBills
10-25-2004, 01:21 AM
There was a play later where he did sack Boller by literally flying over him, where he almost missed that sack too. That's not the first case he's done that. I think the penalties are reflecting his over pursuit/out of control attitude on plays. Ray Lewis is nuts but at least he plays under control. Maybe less caffeine before games?

mchurchfie
10-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Fletcher is a :curse:ing knucklehead. He missed a lot of tackles in the first half...I think that he is highly overrated. For all of the good he does, he does us worse in penalties and missed tackles at the most inopportune times.:down:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-25-2004, 06:17 AM
Here is a telling stat I just heard, Fletcher accounts for 1/3 of the Bills penalties this year.

superbills
10-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Hit him in the had...WITH HIS GROIN! He was airborn when Boller threw the ball. If Boller stands in there and gets hit, that's his problem. Hitting the QB in the head is a stipulation for blows to the head with a hand or helmet. Laying your junk on Boller's noggin and knocking him to the ground is not a penalty. The refs blew it, no to mention it hardly cost us the game. Why the hell are we faulting ANYONE on the defense when, in effect, they only gave up 10 points? (one field goal came off of a drive that started at like the 19 after one of the Int's) If we can't score 10, then our defense is the lest of our worries. Quit looking for someone to blame where it is not warranted.

DaBills
10-25-2004, 11:04 AM
"Why the hell are we faulting ANYONE on the defense when, in effect, they only gave up 10 points? "

True. If we are scoring more on O, we aren't talking about this, it's a non-issue. But since the O is sucking ass, every mistake on D is magnified 100x, which puts us in a deeper hole at times.

But that could be a new category for us, the sack-by-groin stat.

:drool2:

The King
10-25-2004, 11:06 AM
His sack was insane I loved it. Just bought his jersey today at 25% off that is.

bernielivsey_1
10-25-2004, 02:33 PM
:str8face: I think London is getting a rep with the refs. :bad:

justasportsfan
10-25-2004, 02:41 PM

Blingbling. Even the penalty called on him the week before was stupid. For the most part Fletcher has been doing great.