Raven Stadium and a wake up call to Bills Fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Raven Stadium and a wake up call to Bills Fans!

First off... Mr. Wilson... perhaps you should venture to a game outside of Buffalo! Because after seeing the "entertainment" displayed at Raven (M&T Bank) Stadium... My next trip to the Ralph will fall VERY short in comparison!

Things to take notice of:

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!
    2. Audio system that can actually be heard from anywhere in the stadium!
    3. No stupid Blue Buffalo in the stands during every TV time out!
    4. A kick ass opening ceremony (Band, Color Guard, Music, and AWESOME National Anthem Singer)
    5. How about some type of player/team intro like the Ravens? Rather that ANNOUCING our freaking special teams... we get some music... get some video... and get the CROWD excited? If I go to one more Bills game and see the special teams announced... without any entertainment... I will be pissed!
    6. How about making some videos/sound effects/music that actually has to do with football! Aside from the charging buffalos before a kickoff... we got nothin!
    7. REPLAYS! Every single play was replayed on the jumbotrons! From more than 1 angle! Fans want to see footage of what is being "challenged", in slow mo... and zoomed in!

I could go on and on... but fact is... after seeing the Ravens put on a show today... the next game at the Ralph will be boring as hell... especially with the team playing so poorly!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Call me old fashioned- but I think the Bills aready have too much fluff.

I understand the Bills need to scrape for every buck with all the stupid commercials, pre game promos (I want to hit that UPS truck with a rocket propelled grenade) and other stuff- but I just want to watch football.

Can't stand that "Beeping" whenever a penalty "backs p" the other team, can't stand blaring rock music between plays on TV timeouts, get rid of the gay sparklers and the inflatable helmet.

A college style band wouldn't be bad- and they do need more replays instead of stupid bus races. Give me more out of town scores and stats from the game we are watching.

But I'm not into a lot of stadium fluff.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Batavia High School here we come.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

I just want a team on the field that doesn't suck for 4 years straight.

Comment

• BFBills
          "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
          • Oct 2002

is a nice stadium
          "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Doze your Antiquated! :B As far as the fluff I guess it's about who is doing the fluffing.
            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
            to be led by permanent ideals -
            that is what keeps a man patient
            when the world ignores him,
            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
              Doze your Antiquated! :B As far as the fluff I guess it's about who is doing the fluffing.
              OMG!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                First off... Mr. Wilson... perhaps you should venture to a game outside of Buffalo! Because after seeing the "entertainment" displayed at Raven (M&T Bank) Stadium... My next trip to the Ralph will fall VERY short in comparison!

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!
                4. A kick ass opening ceremony (Band, Color Guard, Music, and AWESOME National Anthem Singer)
                5. How about some type of player/team intro like the Ravens? Rather that ANNOUCING our freaking special teams... we get some music... get some video... and get the CROWD excited? If I go to one more Bills game and see the special teams announced... without any entertainment... I will be pissed!
                6. How about making some videos/sound effects/music that actually has to do with football! Aside from the charging buffalos before a kickoff... we got nothin!
                7. REPLAYS! Every single play was replayed on the jumbotrons! From more than 1 angle! Fans want to see footage of what is being "challenged", in slow mo... and zoomed in!

I could go on and on... but fact is... after seeing the Ravens put on a show today... the next game at the Ralph will be boring as hell... especially with the team playing so poorly!
                Excellent, Pride. M&T Stadium made the Ralph look pretty pathetic today. And they didn't even have any planes flying overhead out of sync...

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!

I've been saying the same thing since I went to a game there last year!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

Only thing I thought Ravens stadium was lacking was fireworks! I love the fact that the ralph does bombs and rockets during the national anthem!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

I understand the Bills need to scrape for every buck with all the stupid commercials, pre game promos (I want to hit that UPS truck with a rocket propelled grenade) and other stuff- but I just want to watch football.

Can't stand that "Beeping" whenever a penalty "backs p" the other team, can't stand blaring rock music between plays on TV timeouts, get rid of the gay sparklers and the inflatable helmet.

A college style band wouldn't be bad- and they do need more replays instead of stupid bus races. Give me more out of town scores and stats from the game we are watching.

On Nov. 12 I will be at a Notre Dame home game...no jumbotron, no annoying music, no stupid commercials or metrobus races, no beer, no abnoxious drunks in the parking lot...

before the game there are foodstands run by the dorms in the quads (open areads between buildings), people throwing footballs, walking, chatting...the band plays a pep rally and then marches across campus to the game...then, nothing but the football game, the fans, the cheerleaders and the band...$50 a ticket...still one of the best football experiences ever.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                        I've been saying the same thing since I went to a game there last year!
                        no you haven't. you said it once, maybe twice, not continually though like you said.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BFBills
                          "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
                          • Oct 2002

he maybe doesnt mean here he means just thinking it
                          "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I believe the Bills currently have the second lowest (or lowest) ticket prices in the league right now.

If you want all the fluff, be prepared to pay an extra $20-$100 per ticket.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              On Nov. 12 I will be at a Notre Dame home game...no jumbotron, no annoying music, no stupid commercials or metrobus races, no beer, no abnoxious drunks in the parking lot...

before the game there are foodstands run by the dorms in the quads (open areads between buildings), people throwing footballs, walking, chatting...the band plays a pep rally and then marches across campus to the game...then, nothing but the football game, the fans, the cheerleaders and the band...$50 a ticket...still one of the best football experiences ever.

Notre Dame stadium on a Saturday afteroon is the best football experience you can get for 50.00 a ticket.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X