PDA

View Full Version : Raven Stadium and a wake up call to Bills Fans!

Pride
10-24-2004, 05:29 PM
First off... Mr. Wilson... perhaps you should venture to a game outside of Buffalo! Because after seeing the "entertainment" displayed at Raven (M&T Bank) Stadium... My next trip to the Ralph will fall VERY short in comparison!

Things to take notice of:

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!
2. Audio system that can actually be heard from anywhere in the stadium!
3. No stupid Blue Buffalo in the stands during every TV time out!
4. A kick ass opening ceremony (Band, Color Guard, Music, and AWESOME National Anthem Singer)
5. How about some type of player/team intro like the Ravens? Rather that ANNOUCING our freaking special teams... we get some music... get some video... and get the CROWD excited? If I go to one more Bills game and see the special teams announced... without any entertainment... I will be pissed!
6. How about making some videos/sound effects/music that actually has to do with football! Aside from the charging buffalos before a kickoff... we got nothin!
7. REPLAYS! Every single play was replayed on the jumbotrons! From more than 1 angle! Fans want to see footage of what is being "challenged", in slow mo... and zoomed in!

I could go on and on... but fact is... after seeing the Ravens put on a show today... the next game at the Ralph will be boring as hell... especially with the team playing so poorly!

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Call me old fashioned- but I think the Bills aready have too much fluff.

I understand the Bills need to scrape for every buck with all the stupid commercials, pre game promos (I want to hit that UPS truck with a rocket propelled grenade) and other stuff- but I just want to watch football.

Can't stand that "Beeping" whenever a penalty "backs p" the other team, can't stand blaring rock music between plays on TV timeouts, get rid of the gay sparklers and the inflatable helmet.

A college style band wouldn't be bad- and they do need more replays instead of stupid bus races. Give me more out of town scores and stats from the game we are watching.

But I'm not into a lot of stadium fluff.

Typ0
10-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Batavia High School here we come.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I just want a team on the field that doesn't suck for 4 years straight.

BFBills
10-24-2004, 06:12 PM
is a nice stadium

Bufftp
10-24-2004, 07:51 PM

Doze your Antiquated! :B As far as the fluff I guess it's about who is doing the fluffing.

Pride
10-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Doze your Antiquated! :B As far as the fluff I guess it's about who is doing the fluffing.
OMG!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

BAM
10-24-2004, 07:59 PM
First off... Mr. Wilson... perhaps you should venture to a game outside of Buffalo! Because after seeing the "entertainment" displayed at Raven (M&T Bank) Stadium... My next trip to the Ralph will fall VERY short in comparison!

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!
4. A kick ass opening ceremony (Band, Color Guard, Music, and AWESOME National Anthem Singer)
5. How about some type of player/team intro like the Ravens? Rather that ANNOUCING our freaking special teams... we get some music... get some video... and get the CROWD excited? If I go to one more Bills game and see the special teams announced... without any entertainment... I will be pissed!
6. How about making some videos/sound effects/music that actually has to do with football! Aside from the charging buffalos before a kickoff... we got nothin!
7. REPLAYS! Every single play was replayed on the jumbotrons! From more than 1 angle! Fans want to see footage of what is being "challenged", in slow mo... and zoomed in!

I could go on and on... but fact is... after seeing the Ravens put on a show today... the next game at the Ralph will be boring as hell... especially with the team playing so poorly!

Excellent, Pride. M&T Stadium made the Ralph look pretty pathetic today. And they didn't even have any planes flying overhead out of sync... :rofl:

:clap:

lordofgun
10-24-2004, 08:02 PM

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!

:bf1: I've been saying the same thing since I went to a game there last year!

Pride
10-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Only thing I thought Ravens stadium was lacking was fireworks! I love the fact that the ralph does bombs and rockets during the national anthem!

Ebenezer
10-24-2004, 08:24 PM

I understand the Bills need to scrape for every buck with all the stupid commercials, pre game promos (I want to hit that UPS truck with a rocket propelled grenade) and other stuff- but I just want to watch football.

Can't stand that "Beeping" whenever a penalty "backs p" the other team, can't stand blaring rock music between plays on TV timeouts, get rid of the gay sparklers and the inflatable helmet.

A college style band wouldn't be bad- and they do need more replays instead of stupid bus races. Give me more out of town scores and stats from the game we are watching.

On Nov. 12 I will be at a Notre Dame home game...no jumbotron, no annoying music, no stupid commercials or metrobus races, no beer, no abnoxious drunks in the parking lot...

before the game there are foodstands run by the dorms in the quads (open areads between buildings), people throwing footballs, walking, chatting...the band plays a pep rally and then marches across campus to the game...then, nothing but the football game, the fans, the cheerleaders and the band...$50 a ticket...still one of the best football experiences ever.

imbondz
10-24-2004, 08:38 PM
:bf1: I've been saying the same thing since I went to a game there last year!

no you haven't. you said it once, maybe twice, not continually though like you said.

BFBills
10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
he maybe doesnt mean here he means just thinking it

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
I believe the Bills currently have the second lowest (or lowest) ticket prices in the league right now.

If you want all the fluff, be prepared to pay an extra $20-$100 per ticket.

DraftBoy
10-25-2004, 02:28 PM
On Nov. 12 I will be at a Notre Dame home game...no jumbotron, no annoying music, no stupid commercials or metrobus races, no beer, no abnoxious drunks in the parking lot...

before the game there are foodstands run by the dorms in the quads (open areads between buildings), people throwing footballs, walking, chatting...the band plays a pep rally and then marches across campus to the game...then, nothing but the football game, the fans, the cheerleaders and the band...$50 a ticket...still one of the best football experiences ever.

Notre Dame stadium on a Saturday afteroon is the best football experience you can get for 50.00 a ticket.

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2004, 02:39 PM

No beer?

Earthquake Enyart
10-25-2004, 02:45 PM
No beer?
Not in college. :(

The new Soldier Field has two jumbotrons. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Not in college. :(

The new Soldier Field has two jumbotrons. :up:
And the Bears suck as much as we do. :up:

Earthquake Enyart
10-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Craig Krentzel for God's sake!! :ill:

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2004, 03:00 PM

What Pride is saying is that stuff can be done better. All the stuff you mentioned you hate because all of it is cheesy.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Until they sign Couch.

generalmills
10-25-2004, 03:51 PM
my favorite thing about the ralph is the bison dip commercial "its not the chip...its the dip...... ITS BISON DIP" haha
The one thing I would change is the playing of "move b**ch get out the way" (the damn Ja-Rule song they play atleast 3 times every home game)
I don't think the game experience would be under attack if the team was entertaining to watch...

Mad Bomber
10-25-2004, 07:29 PM

Nope...worse! :D

Michael82
10-25-2004, 11:42 PM
I disagree with Pride. The Ravens stadium did a bunch of cheesy things too. There were quite a few things that got on my nerves. They kept playing a Ravens chant by Ray Lewis and the crowd said "I will!" twice. :limp:

Then there was the first down chant... "Move those chains, Move those Chains, Move those chains" :limp:

Plus, they played a very cheesy version of the shout song when they scored TDs. :ill:

The main thing I enjoyed was that they constantly had the out of town scores and stats showing underneath the jumbotron during the entire game. They also had sweet video highlights from other games that would play during TV timeouts. Their band was kickass too. :up:

Michael82
10-26-2004, 01:58 PM
:::

Earthquake Enyart
10-26-2004, 02:20 PM
:::
No one cares what you think. :::

generalmills
10-26-2004, 02:40 PM
speaking of the stadium... can we expect another sell out before the thursday deadline?

Pride
10-26-2004, 03:07 PM
The UnderArmor commercial was not Ray Lewis.

The guy and company that invented UnderArmor are in Baltimore, and are Major Corporate sponsors for the Ravens. That is why they used it.

WILL YOU PROTECT THIS HOUSE? I WILL!!! I WILL!!!

It was played before every Ravens Defensive Series

Jan Reimers
10-26-2004, 03:51 PM
I know I'm old, but I just don't understand all of the attention regarding irrelevant crap like the jumbotron, the music, the half time show, and the commercials. I'm a survivor of the Rock Pile, which barely had restrooms.

I care about almost nothing except the game itself. I guess when you're a Bills fan though, the irrelevant crap is now about all we have to discuss.

I think I'll just get circus tickets next year.

Bill Brasky
10-27-2004, 09:01 AM

1. 2 Large Jumbotrons!

I'm not going to disagree that this stuff would be a nice addition, but if this were all to happen you could expect a significant increase in ticket prices. I could really care less about this **** though if the team was winning. Since they suck so bad it makes it that much worse that RWS doesn't have any of this stuff.

Pride
10-27-2004, 10:20 AM
The only thing I ntoice that would cost significantly more would be the jumbostrons and audio system.

Everything else just requires a change in how the Bills marketing does their job (ineffectively if you ask me)

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Did you guys see the Ravens cheerleaders? Sweet Lord......I would pay $20 more per game for eye candy like that.....holy crap.

BAM
10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Exactly, Pride. They basically already have all this stuff, just poorer versions of it. They need to hire whoever the media guys are for Baltimore!

BAM
10-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Especially need an upgrade in the cheerleader department. Theirs made the Jills look like Rosanne Barr!

BFBills
10-27-2004, 03:14 PM
agreed their cheerleads....where..wow

Valerie
10-27-2004, 07:44 PM
*I definitely LOVED the two jumbotrons!:up: When you sit in the endzones you really need the television so you can see what's going on when they're on the other side of the field.
*I've NEVER been a fan of the gay, blue buffalo.:down: I don't like ravens, but I liked how they had three Raven mascots. One named Edgar (101), one named Allan (102) and one named Poe (103). I thought that was cute.
*Their cheerleaders were AWESOME too! They even have gay male cheerleaders throwing the girls up in the air. Some of these guys had ROCK FREAKING HARD bodies! :hungry: Even though I think guys cheerleading is gay, it was cool to watch.:up:
*They did do a good job showing different players through out the game, which was nice. Except I didn't like the one about Dieon Sanders, but that's for personal reasons.
*I liked how they warned fans about game etiquette and how to behave when fans from the other team are around. They are a zero tolerance stadium and I like that!:up: I don't recall seeing any fights or any security guards throwing people out.

The things I don't like about the Raven's stadium are:
*I think it's too steep. The nosebleed seats are very high up and it's a steep, scary walk up.
*I don't like how the entire stadium isn't connected. If you're in some seats, you have to walk miles all around to get to them.
*And, I don't like the colors. Those purple seats are enough to make you :puke: lol

Other than that, I like this stadium and I had a pleasant experience this time around!

Michael82
10-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Pride, they don't have the big Blue Buffalo, but they have the 3 gay Raven mascots that prance around. :limp:

Plus, their cheerleaders were yummy, but why ruin it with male cheerleaders? :ill: :limp:

Valerie
10-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Pride, they don't have the big Blue Buffalo, but they have the big gay Raven mascot that prances around. :limp:
THREE big gay Raven mascots. Didn't you read my post? :mad:

Does anyone read my posts?

Michael82
10-27-2004, 08:46 PM
THREE big gay Raven mascots. Didn't you read my post? :mad:

Does anyone read my posts?
I meant 3. :doh: