mybills
10-24-2004, 05:49 PM
SUCKS

FTG
10-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I think it's safe to stick him in the bust column

BFBills
10-24-2004, 05:53 PM
he dropped one pass...even though i am thinking he is having a pretty good strentch latly so i disagree

Pride
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Actually he dropped 3 today... 2 in a row at one point... a key 2nd and 3rd down.

mypoorfriendme
10-24-2004, 07:34 PM
he did make that amazing grab for the first down when the game was just getting started

Pride
10-24-2004, 07:57 PM
yeah... when he caught that... I remember saying to BAM that he can make the TOUGH grabs... but if it hits him between the numbers... he will drop it!

HE DID

Billz_fan
10-24-2004, 08:08 PM
He made a nice deflection off his knee cap. He had at least 3 I counted. I've had him in the bust column for awhile now.

Tatonka
10-24-2004, 08:11 PM
i have not given up on him yet.. he is not receiving passes from a guy that can place the ball for ****..

the ball that hit him in the knee was a perfect example.. the ball is being riffled at him and it is right at his knees.. now, i know he should have caught it.. but his qb does nothing to help..

drew constantly overthrows and underthrows guys.. i counted 4 passes today that receivers had to jump straight up in the air for.. they caught it.. and then were crushed immediately.. i am surprised mark campbell even talks to drew after all the bad spots that drew has put him in over the last year.. and drew tried to get reed killed right at the end of the game..

reed has talent.. i am not giving up on him.

justasportsfan
10-24-2004, 08:13 PM
i have not given up on him yet...Same here. Reed will get better once JP is in there. Reed will be vital getting open once JP is able to move around the pocket .

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Agreed T. When you have no confidence in the guy throwing to you, you overfocus on catching the ball because you just aren't sure what you are going to get. I'll hold judgement on Reed until JP is tossing him the ball. At that point if he still has the dropsies, then dump him like a sack of wheat. Changes need to happen and happen quickly at this point.

Demon
10-24-2004, 08:47 PM
As much as he sucks, or sucked today, he was still better then Eric Moulds. Moulds costed us the game. Reed was his usual self.

finsrclowns
10-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Agreed T. When you have no confidence in the guy throwing to you, you overfocus on catching the ball because you just aren't sure what you are going to get.

And I think the lighting was poor and he has a callous on his finger. :loser:

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Agreed T. When you have no confidence in the guy throwing to you, you overfocus on catching the ball because you just aren't sure what you are going to get. I'll hold judgement on Reed until JP is tossing him the ball. At that point if he still has the dropsies, then dump him like a sack of wheat. Changes need to happen and happen quickly at this point.

You have to have confidence in the QB in order to have a ball that hits you in the hands stay in your hands?

That makes no sense. Drops are drops.

mchurchfie
10-25-2004, 02:17 AM
A good pro receiver should catch anything he can touch with his hands NO MATTER who is the throwing the ball his way. Reed is a HUGE disappointment in my eyes.

mchurchfie
10-25-2004, 02:18 AM
As much as he sucks, or sucked today, he was still better then Eric Moulds. Moulds costed us the game. Reed was his usual self.Moulds had almost 100 yards receiving, he was the best receiver out there today..how can you say that???:doh:

helmetguy
10-25-2004, 06:00 AM
If you're a pro receiver, you catch the balls that hit you in the hands. You have to expect to make a tough catch once in a while. Reed's biggest problem is that he's too worried about what he's doing are where he's going after the catch...BEFORE he makes the catch. If I were TC, I'd be firing balls at receivers at point blank out of the JUGGS machine until they can catch, say, 25 in a row. Practice isn't over until they can show that they can do that.

mybills
10-25-2004, 07:10 AM
I was pissed that they didn't throw to Moulds more often. :mad: Reed wasn't doing well from the get go, and that should have been a clue to stop throwing it to him. :shakeno: It looked more like they were on the practice field than in an actual game. :down:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Moulds had almost 100 yards receiving, he was the best receiver out there today..how can you say that???:doh:

Sorry Church, but you can't say this

A good pro receiver should catch anything he can touch with his hands NO MATTER who is the throwing the ball his way. Reed is a HUGE disappointment in my eyes.

and then say that Moulds played a great game. Three drops right in his hands that I know of. The only reason I know about those is two were sure TDs and one ended up going through his hands to the other team.

Did anyone else see Reed get hit clearly before the ball got to him on one of his "drops"?

mush69
10-25-2004, 07:55 AM

and then say that Moulds played a great game. Three drops right in his hands that I know of. The only reason I know about those is two were sure TDs and one ended up going through his hands to the other team.

Did anyone else see Reed get hit clearly before the ball got to him on one of his "drops"?

There were a few plays that I though our recievers were mugged before the ball got there and there was no flags thrown!

mchurchfie
10-25-2004, 08:20 AM

Did anyone else see Reed get hit clearly before the ball got to him on one of his "drops"?Who would you rather have catching the ball...Moulds or Reed?? despite a few drops, Moulds was the most productive player out there yesterday and last week. The one in the endzone that he dropped was an extremely hard ball to catch, you can't really blame him for that one. The rest, he definitely should have caught though.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Who would you rather have catching the ball...Moulds or Reed?? despite a few drops, Moulds was the most productive player out there yesterday and last week. The one in the endzone that he dropped was an extremely hard ball to catch, you can't really blame him for that one. The rest, he definitely should have caught though.

Oh, I would rather have Moulds catching. I would REALLY like to see Evans involved more. Moulds dropped TWO in the end zone and I don't know if either were that difficult for truley great receivers.

mybills
10-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Moulds dropped TWO in the end zone and I don't know if either were that difficult for truley great receivers.
C'mon, Drew was in trouble for one of them. That's not Moulds fault. :shakeno: