PDA

View Full Version : Moulds what a waste of a talent.

BillsFanInMass
10-24-2004, 07:59 PM
how many more years will he be with us . What a catch on that bomb play late in the game 1 of his best catches ever i think. We need to get J.P in there before we lose E. Moulds. A little mobility wiil buy time for Eric to get open.
Drew is good with time but our line cant buy him time so its time he hits the road.

lordofgun
10-24-2004, 08:01 PM
He also had a couple of bad drops today...one of which was intercepted.

Pride
10-24-2004, 08:01 PM
moulds isnt what he used to be... he is already declining IMO. 2 more years at most.

BAM
10-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Yah. Moulds has not been impressing me so far this year. If he drops another one I'm gonna be pretty upset with him. Might even send him a nasty email. :mad:

Jeff1220
10-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Moulds rarely seems to be open these days. Most of his grabs come from when he has to fight for the ball.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2004, 08:11 PM
moulds isnt what he used to be... he is already declining IMO. 2 more years at most.
Of all the things I've read today, this was the most depressing. I guess I forgot just how long he's been around. What a waste. It's sad actually.

justasportsfan
10-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Moulds is a jumper. He's made a huge play jumping up and coming down w/ it. How often does that happen? Hardly because Drew tends to throw at the numbers . Moulds also needs help from the others. He's doing fine. I think we should get Flutie back here just to prove he isn't done w/. Not just yet.

snow1989
10-24-2004, 08:17 PM

Is he really declining, or does he just not give a crap anymore because he knows DB can't get him the ball? Lets face it...its got to be tough to hear "Hut, take 3 strides and then hear THUD come out of your backfield knowing full well that DB is on his back again more often than mary goodtimes from the corner

Demon
10-24-2004, 08:41 PM
He also had a couple of bad drops today...one of which was intercepted.

A couple?? Moulds was BY FAR the worst player on the field today.

The INT miss he had, like you mentioned. WTF?? Bobby Shaw would have cought that for gods sake !

The bomb to the end zone. It was a huge effort, but with the star power he has and the money he gets, that NEEDS to be cought. He was in perfect angle to catch it and Bledsoe gave him a very good pass. He just dropped it.

And then the 1 handed attempt he gave. He tried to make the easy TD look easy by catching it with 1 hand and it costed us 4pts as we needed to kick a field goal afterwords.

Please i love moulds too but the guy is not as good as most of the top WR's in the NFL. People always say he's top 5 or close to it, theres no way he is even in top 10 WR's.

Drops way too many easy balls and doesn't make the big play on the big stage.

TedMock
10-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Piss on him. He make a great catch on the deep ball today, but dropped two TD's. One in the corner, right in front of me. Again, drops, drops, drops by the receivers killed us. Bledsoe's two INT's to Deion were on him, though. Not the receivers. One was over McGahee's head and one was forced into double coverage. The receivers dropping the ball hurt quite a bit, though. The first downs dropped by Reed (twice), Evans (once), and the two TD's dropped by Moulds may have lost the game just as much as the picks. I can't even figure out who to blame more at this point. The OL, the QB, or the WR's. I still don't think the playcalling has been that bad. The players tripping over their own stupidity has hurt more than anything.

Willis actually impressed the heck out of me. I don't think his average was that great, but he seems to always keep his feet going and at least falls forward, even if it's only for a yard. He also has no fear of the baddest defense in the NFL. Today was the first time I ever seen Ray Lewis have a guy wrapped and miss the tackle. There was also another time on the sideline where Lewis and a DB were going for the kill. Willis ended up going out of bounds and the defenders knocked eachother over.

DaBills
10-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah, but there was also a sure TD for Moulds that Drew threw behind on a crossing route. The other's in the endzone I have to say are on Moulds.

Another concern I have about Moulds durability is that he is being used more and more for the tough catches/slants across the middle to help bail out Drew, as opposed to his strength in catching the deep ball.

Willis did look good and I agree - he made Ray Lewis miss. Can't say that about Henry. Willis has deceiving strength with that straight arm, while Henry probably drives better with his legs. It's just that Henry needs a glimmer of daylight to break through to be successful.

I think MM forgets Henry ain't the Bus, and keeps plowing him right into the back of the OL. How about a pitch to the outside when we're in goalline situations? They have no problem trying to create misdirection with that damn reverse when they're on the 50 yard line, why not roll Drew out in a bootleg or just get Willis out wide? Our OL ain't opening the lanes needed for running up the gut.

Sucks too 'cause last year we were run blocking pretty good, except for Drive-Killer Jennings and his holding calls.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 07:15 AM
Yes the one that was behind Moulds on the crossing pattern wasn't a good throw, but it wasn't going to be intercepted, something I can't really be sure of (since I only saw the play twice) if he leads the receiver and it still should have been caught. Also, the throw to McGahee was right through his hands. I don't care if he was triple covered (which he wasn't from what I saw) the ball hit him squarely in the hands and McGahee completely dropped it.

On the INT that went through Evans's hands, it did seem to be tipped by Ray Lewis, who also had his hand behind and seemed to have a hold of Evans. If that is London Fletcher or anybody else wearing a Bills jersey, that gets a call. I saw a play earlier in the game where the ball was going right to Josh Reed and the Baltimore player clearly hit Reed before the ball got there and there was no call (I think some have said that was another Reed drop). Add that to the London Fletcher roughing the QB call and you have another game with completely horsecrap big calls or non calls against us. It is depressing enough seeing our receivers drop sure TDs, or watching our QB take a sack that he shouldn't have, or seeing players give up prematurely on plays, but to add bad officiating to the mix just kills me.

mybills
10-25-2004, 07:22 AM
One of Moulds drops was certainly because of Drew. If you were watching Drew, he spun around. The extra time he took to do that took away from Moulds position. He is STILL the best IMO, but I agree about giving him another QB.
Moulds is not going anywhere.

askabry
10-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Nothing sticks to this guy, Moulds. His philandering, his inept play around the end zone, his personal fouls, his absolute inability to block on running plays, his overpriced contract. We absolutely castigate other players for the same shortcomings of Eric Moulds, but heaven forbid we get on Eric's case.

He cost us two touchdowns that I could count yesterday, and it's not the first time this year. In fact, every year for the past three.

Waste of talent? Yeah. He's wasting the talent we could have had at WR, and OL, and QB if we'd invested his $42MM elsewhere. Package him and Drew to any team that would take the pair for a bucket of balls and a #1 draft pick.

mybills
10-25-2004, 07:32 AM
OH BROTHER! :rofl: