PDA

View Full Version : Do our receivers suck?

OpIv37
10-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Eric Moulds dropped two in the endzone. At least one of Drew's interceptions hit the receiver in the hands (the replays on the stadium were hard to see so I'm not sure about the others). Josh Reed dropped one that hit him in the numbers- I think it literally bounced off his pads and he never even got a hand on it.

Several times when the O-line gave Drew time, he either got sacked or threw into coverage. Now, I'm not trying to make excuses for Drew- he's been struggling (to say the least) and he flat-out sucked today. But I have to wonder if the receivers are not getting open. It could be Drew's decision-making, or it could be that the receivers gave him nowhereto go and he got gun-shy after a couple of picks. The receivers are doing so bad in the other aspects of the game (like catching the goddamn ball) that I wouldn't be surprised if their route-running is part of the problem.

At the very least, Drew is playing like crap and none of the receivers are picking up the slack and making plays. How many other teams have No 1 receivers that drop easy 6- yard TD passes in close games?

Mad Bomber
10-24-2004, 09:07 PM
This whole team is not executing from top to bottom. Lots of penalties, most of them at the most inopportune times, dropped passes, etc.....

These are mental mistakes (these are NOT untalented players) made by a team that doesn't believe it can win. We could use a coaching staff that could motivate these guys to be the best that they can be....