X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samphin1
    • Mar 2004

I suppose a somewhat cool Bills story

Hey all, your local fins fan here. Hey, this past week, I had to fly to Washington D.C. for some week long meetings. There are about 400 folks from my company hwo fly to this annual meeting every year ( location changes year to year ) and for the most part, everyone rooms up with someone from a different part of the country ( or world ) in order to meet new people within the company and blah blah blah.

Anyhow, I go up to my room and my roommate hasn't checked in yet. So I drop of my stuff and go downstairs to mingle and whatnot. Later that night ( 1:00 a.m. ) I stumble back into my room ( open bars are both a good and bad thing ) only to see a horrific giant Bills flag waving in my room.

It turns out, my roommate for the week is a huge Bills fan. Not only that, he also happens to be Drew Bledsoe's cousin. I didn't believe him at first, but after seeing pictures and being invited to be on the field for Sunday's game vs. Baltimore ( close drive in proximity to where we were staying ) I came to the conclusion that he was being truthful.

Now, I know a lot of you dislike Bledsoe right now, but he really does care about your team. He has a great arm and if the O-line could be more consistent, it would help him immensly.

Anyways, I thought it was kind of a neat little story to share for you guys.

P.S. His cousin also stated that he was a Dolphins fan up until Drew was drafted and since then has rooted for whoever Drew plays for. He said it is very likely that when Drew's career is over, he may go back to supporting his childhood team. :) I knew we hired smart people for our company!
    Last edited by Samphin1; 10-25-2004, 12:25 PM.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

cool story!
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Sounds like he jumps ship all the time.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

Wow, you got on the field. Those truly are the best seats in the house. Did you get to see any of the Balitmore cheerleaders up close? They looked damn hot on TV.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Valerie
            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
            • Jul 2002

That is a cool story! I would LOVE to be on the field for a game. Glad you had a good time.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
            The only answer I found for all this hurt
            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
            X