X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

I am officially done

I just don't think Drew can help this team win. No, Drew is not blameless. He has to protect that ball better, and can't expect a bad line to give him that much time. Even when he plays well enough to win, things just don't go the Bill's way. This team is going nowhere and when Jake is ready, he should be put in. No, I don't think Matthews should be put in, he isn't ANY answer either and will probably be gone in a year, but it will be best to get the kid some experience.

I like Drew and when he is gone, I will hope he does well. Nice guys like him deserve better, he just doesn't seem to catch any breaks. He had two sure TDs dropped today by our best WR. Yes, one was behind him, but it was still catchable and nobody cares if was catchable when the TD is in the books. Moss, Owens, Harrison as well as any other top receiver makes that catch 9 times out of ten. This team isn't good enough to let opportunites like that slip through their fingers. The margin of error is still too thin. As I said before, for a supposed very good receiver, Moulds drops too many catchable balls.

I truely believe that some people are just snakebitten or have bad luckn in certain situations. I think Drew is one of those guys. Just like there are certain guys that can step in a pile of crap and find a diamond. Brady seems to be one of those. This is not to say again that everything around Drew is at fault, but it seems that Murphy's law seems to apply many times to Drew.

Let's just hope we aren't having the "let's put Matthew's" threads here when the rookie plays like a rookie.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Time to look to the future.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Let the rebuilding begin!

Phase II baby!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

I still will cheer for Drew, and think he CAN do well, I just don't think he will.

Now let's beat Arizona.

Comment

• FTG
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I like Drew and when he is gone, I will hope he does well. Nice guys like him deserve better, he just doesn't seem to catch any breaks. He had two sure TDs dropped today by our best WR. .
          Please! Running full speed across the middle and having to reach back 2 feet for the ball is not a sure TD that was "dropped". Just because a reiceiver can touch the ball does not make it catchable. No reciever catchs that pass 9 out of 10 times. And just where was the other sure TD dropped? Drew SUCKS! Just because someone is a nice guy does not mean they deserve better.
          Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FTG
            Please! Running full speed across the middle and having to reach back 2 feet for the ball is not a sure TD that was "dropped". Just because a reiceiver can touch the ball does not make it catchable. No reciever catchs that pass 9 out of 10 times. And just where was the other sure TD dropped? Drew SUCKS! Just because someone is a nice guy does not mean they deserve better.
            Sure, full speed. I said a very good/great receiver (which he is supposed to be) makes that catch most times. The other one was in the corner of the end zone. But right, it's all Drew's fault. It's also Drew's fault that McGahee dropped that ball right in his hands that resulted in a TD for Sanders too. :rollseyes:

Comment

• Valerie
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
              Let the rebuilding begin!

Phase II baby!

To be honest, BAM, I'm tired of hearing about "rebuilding." The Bills are ALWAYS rebuilding and it's getting old.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

I've mentioned this a few times, but did anybody see when Drew spun to his left and by the time he faced Moulds again, it was too late to throw but he threw it anyways? That is NOT MOULDS FAULT! Sorry!
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• FTG
                  • Aug 2004

Sure, full speed. I said a very good/great receiver (which he is supposed to be) makes that catch most times. The other one was in the corner of the end zone. But right, it's all Drew's fault. It's also Drew's fault that McGahee dropped that ball right in his hands that resulted in a TD for Sanders too. :rollseyes:
                  The pass to McGghee should never have been thrown. That play was blown up from the start. A QB that deserves to be starting on an NFL team would never have thrown that pass. Drew sucks and you wanna blame it all on everyone but him because he's a "nice guy"

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                    I've mentioned this a few times, but did anybody see when Drew spun to his left and by the time he faced Moulds again, it was too late to throw but he threw it anyways? That is NOT MOULDS FAULT! Sorry!
                    I'm not saying it was entirely Drews fault either, he was being rushed and was trying to break free. Which he did, but he should have looked for someone else..it was too late for that play call.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

If the ball is in the receiver's hands and he drops it, regardless of if it behind him or over his head, that is on the receiver. Sure, it would have been a very good catch, but Moulds just had made an even better catch a couple plays earlier.

Comment

• FTG
                        • Aug 2004

That is NOT MOULDS FAULT! Sorry!
                        For some people it is. Anything to take the heat of the "classy guy" Drew

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                          The pass to McGghee should never have been thrown. That play was blown up from the start. A QB that deserves to be starting on an NFL team would never have thrown that pass. Drew sucks and you wanna blame it all on everyone but him because he's a "nice guy"
                          We obviously saw two different plays, because I didn't see a play that was blown up from the beginning.

Funny, we praise McGahee for making yards out of nothing and getting an extra couple of yards when there didn't seem to be any there, but let a ball hit him right in the hands and he misses it or let him give up on trying to tackle a defender going for a TD and he gets a pass.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

If the ball is in the receiver's hands and he drops it, regardless of if it behind him or over his head, that is on the receiver. Sure, it would have been a very good catch, but Moulds just had made an even better catch a couple plays earlier.
                            Sorry but, the play I'm talking about was a wash. By the time Drew threw it to him, the defenders were all over him. He should have abandoned the play and looked else where.

Comment

• Valerie
                              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                              • Jul 2002

I don't know, but if Moulds could catch a few passes with one hand, while on his way down, I don't understand how he can't catch a ball thrown at his numbers! I'm not putting all the blame on Moulds, but he has to take his share too. Frankly, the whole damn team sucks and they're all equally to blame. I'm just glad I didn't pay for those tickets. I'm done wasting money on the Bills. Yesterday was my last game.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                              The only answer I found for all this hurt
                              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
                              X