PDA

View Full Version : I am officially done

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2004, 10:24 PM
I just don't think Drew can help this team win. No, Drew is not blameless. He has to protect that ball better, and can't expect a bad line to give him that much time. Even when he plays well enough to win, things just don't go the Bill's way. This team is going nowhere and when Jake is ready, he should be put in. No, I don't think Matthews should be put in, he isn't ANY answer either and will probably be gone in a year, but it will be best to get the kid some experience.

I like Drew and when he is gone, I will hope he does well. Nice guys like him deserve better, he just doesn't seem to catch any breaks. He had two sure TDs dropped today by our best WR. Yes, one was behind him, but it was still catchable and nobody cares if was catchable when the TD is in the books. Moss, Owens, Harrison as well as any other top receiver makes that catch 9 times out of ten. This team isn't good enough to let opportunites like that slip through their fingers. The margin of error is still too thin. As I said before, for a supposed very good receiver, Moulds drops too many catchable balls.

I truely believe that some people are just snakebitten or have bad luckn in certain situations. I think Drew is one of those guys. Just like there are certain guys that can step in a pile of crap and find a diamond. Brady seems to be one of those. This is not to say again that everything around Drew is at fault, but it seems that Murphy's law seems to apply many times to Drew.

Let's just hope we aren't having the "let's put Matthew's" threads here when the rookie plays like a rookie.

Dozerdog
10-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Time to look to the future.

BAM
10-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Let the rebuilding begin!

Phase II baby!

:(

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2004, 10:29 PM
I still will cheer for Drew, and think he CAN do well, I just don't think he will.

Now let's beat Arizona.

FTG
10-25-2004, 08:32 AM
I like Drew and when he is gone, I will hope he does well. Nice guys like him deserve better, he just doesn't seem to catch any breaks. He had two sure TDs dropped today by our best WR. .

Please! Running full speed across the middle and having to reach back 2 feet for the ball is not a sure TD that was "dropped". Just because a reiceiver can touch the ball does not make it catchable. No reciever catchs that pass 9 out of 10 times. And just where was the other sure TD dropped? Drew SUCKS! Just because someone is a nice guy does not mean they deserve better.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Please! Running full speed across the middle and having to reach back 2 feet for the ball is not a sure TD that was "dropped". Just because a reiceiver can touch the ball does not make it catchable. No reciever catchs that pass 9 out of 10 times. And just where was the other sure TD dropped? Drew SUCKS! Just because someone is a nice guy does not mean they deserve better.

Sure, full speed. I said a very good/great receiver (which he is supposed to be) makes that catch most times. The other one was in the corner of the end zone. But right, it's all Drew's fault. It's also Drew's fault that McGahee dropped that ball right in his hands that resulted in a TD for Sanders too. :rollseyes:

Valerie
10-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Let the rebuilding begin!

Phase II baby!

:(
To be honest, BAM, I'm tired of hearing about "rebuilding." The Bills are ALWAYS rebuilding and it's getting old.:(

mybills
10-25-2004, 08:38 AM
I've mentioned this a few times, but did anybody see when Drew spun to his left and by the time he faced Moulds again, it was too late to throw but he threw it anyways? That is NOT MOULDS FAULT! Sorry!

FTG
10-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Sure, full speed. I said a very good/great receiver (which he is supposed to be) makes that catch most times. The other one was in the corner of the end zone. But right, it's all Drew's fault. It's also Drew's fault that McGahee dropped that ball right in his hands that resulted in a TD for Sanders too. :rollseyes:

The pass to McGghee should never have been thrown. That play was blown up from the start. A QB that deserves to be starting on an NFL team would never have thrown that pass. Drew sucks and you wanna blame it all on everyone but him because he's a "nice guy" :rolleyes:

mybills
10-25-2004, 08:42 AM
I've mentioned this a few times, but did anybody see when Drew spun to his left and by the time he faced Moulds again, it was too late to throw but he threw it anyways? That is NOT MOULDS FAULT! Sorry!

I'm not saying it was entirely Drews fault either, he was being rushed and was trying to break free. Which he did, but he should have looked for someone else..it was too late for that play call.

chernobylwraiths

If the ball is in the receiver's hands and he drops it, regardless of if it behind him or over his head, that is on the receiver. Sure, it would have been a very good catch, but Moulds just had made an even better catch a couple plays earlier.

FTG
That is NOT MOULDS FAULT! Sorry!

For some people it is. Anything to take the heat of the "classy guy" Drew :rolleyes:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 08:45 AM
The pass to McGghee should never have been thrown. That play was blown up from the start. A QB that deserves to be starting on an NFL team would never have thrown that pass. Drew sucks and you wanna blame it all on everyone but him because he's a "nice guy" :rolleyes:

We obviously saw two different plays, because I didn't see a play that was blown up from the beginning.

Funny, we praise McGahee for making yards out of nothing and getting an extra couple of yards when there didn't seem to be any there, but let a ball hit him right in the hands and he misses it or let him give up on trying to tackle a defender going for a TD and he gets a pass.

mybills
10-25-2004, 08:45 AM
If the ball is in the receiver's hands and he drops it, regardless of if it behind him or over his head, that is on the receiver. Sure, it would have been a very good catch, but Moulds just had made an even better catch a couple plays earlier.
Sorry but, the play I'm talking about was a wash. By the time Drew threw it to him, the defenders were all over him. He should have abandoned the play and looked else where.

Valerie
10-25-2004, 08:49 AM
I don't know, but if Moulds could catch a few passes with one hand, while on his way down, I don't understand how he can't catch a ball thrown at his numbers! I'm not putting all the blame on Moulds, but he has to take his share too. Frankly, the whole damn team sucks and they're all equally to blame. I'm just glad I didn't pay for those tickets. I'm done wasting money on the Bills. Yesterday was my last game.

FTG
10-25-2004, 08:52 AM
. I'm done wasting money on the Bills. Yesterday was my last game.

At least you have the cowboys :snicker:

mybills
10-25-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying Moulds isn't to blame at all...but he certainly didn't have TWO bad catches. I just explained one of them that WASN'T his fault. Valerie, I hope you have more fun in Dallas. :snicker:

FTG
10-25-2004, 08:56 AM
We obviously saw two different plays, because I didn't see a play that was blown up from the beginning.

So you did not see the guy standing right next to McGahee ready to throw him for a loss if he had been able to catch the bad pass? OK, whatever. I guess you will never see Drews faults. Thats ok. He'll only be starting another few games. I've suffered this long with this loser I guess can handle him blowing a few more winnable games since I know it's almost over.

Valerie
10-25-2004, 08:57 AM
One may not have been his fault, but one definitely was!

And yes, I already know the stupid Cowboys suck almost as much as the stupid Bills. I like two crappy teams! :mad: I turned on the Cowboys game when I got home from Baltimore, hoping to see my 'Boys winning, but alas, that game was just as depressing as the Bills game. I turned it off and watched The Omen.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:00 AM
So you did not see the guy standing right next to McGahee ready to throw him for a loss if he had been able to catch the bad pass? OK, whatever. I guess you will never see Drews faults. Thats ok. He'll only be starting another few games. I've suffered this long with this loser I guess can handle him blowing a few more winnable games since I know it's almost over.

I guess the loss would not have been better than the TD? McGahee has made plays before with plays on him, who knows. I do know that if McGahee catches that ball, at worst we punt with the score tied at 3.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:01 AM
One may not have been his fault, but one definitely was!

And yes, I already know the stupid Cowboys suck almost as much as the stupid Bills. I like two crappy teams! :mad: I turned on the Cowboys game when I got home from Baltimore, hoping to see my 'Boys winning, but alas, that game was just as depressing as the Bills game. I turned it off and watched The Omen.

LOL! From one horror story to another horror story to another. None of them with a happy ending.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:02 AM
mmmm...the logic.

...spin wheels with Bledsoe, get terrible results and he is a nice guy but he should be bounced...

...spin wheels with Bush, get terrible results and he is a nice guy but he should be on Mt. Rushmore...

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:03 AM
My point is the play was going nowhere. The ball should never have been thrown. The QB has to know when a play is covered only bad things can happen if he makes the throw.

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:06 AM
mmmm...the logic.

...spin wheels with Bledsoe, get terrible results and he is a nice guy but he should be bounced...

...spin wheels with Bush, get terrible results and he is a nice guy but he should be on Mt. Rushmore...

:rolleyes: Talk about apples and oranges.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:06 AM
My point is the play was going nowhere. The ball should never have been thrown. The QB has to know when a play is covered only bad things can happen if he makes the throw.

And my point is you never know what will happen if he catches it. What WON'T happen if he catches it is 6 points the other way most likely.

Valerie
10-25-2004, 09:11 AM
LOL! From one horror story to another horror story to another. None of them with a happy ending.
lol No kidding. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares last night. Two crappy footballs games and two scary movies. I also watched a movie called The Hollow on the Family channel.

As for Drew, I really do think he sucks! I don't think he has a good read on the defense and judging by some of his passes, he pays NO attention to where he's throwing the damn ball! I also happen to think that he did have an intentional grounding penalty that should've been called. From where I was sitting, it looked as though he slammed the ball into the ground before he was sacked. I think he's a TERRIBLE quarterback and I think his stint in Buffalo should be done at the end of this year, if not sooner.

And, IMHO, I think the coke sniffer is a better quarterback than both Drew AND Vinny!

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:13 AM
and you ***** if he gets sacked...what do you want him to do?

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 09:14 AM
At least you have the cowboys :snicker:

and their two draft picks in the top 5 picks. :mad:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:15 AM
lol No kidding. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares last night. Two crappy footballs games and two scary movies. I also watched a movie called The Hollow on the Family channel.

As for Drew, I really do think he sucks! I don't think he has a good read on the defense and judging by some of his passes, he pays NO attention to where he's throwing the damn ball! I also happen to think that he did have an intentional grounding penalty that should've been called. From where I was sitting, it looked as though he slammed the ball into the ground before he was sacked. I think he's a TERRIBLE quarterback and I think his stint in Buffalo should be done at the end of this year, if not sooner.

And, IMHO, I think the coke sniffer is a better quarterback than both Drew AND Vinny!

What do you know about football, you're a girl. :;

The grounding wasn't called because there were two receivers right there.

Coke sniffer?

Ebenezer
:rolleyes: Talk about apples and oranges.
no, it's not...if you want to understand why people want to get rid of Bush examine your own hatred for Bledsoe and you will see your answer.

Valerie
I would like him to realize he's WASHED UP and kindly STEP DOWN as starter!

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:16 AM
and their two draft picks in the top 5 picks. :mad:
hope JP is worth the price :bigwave:

Valerie
10-25-2004, 09:19 AM
What do you know about football, you're a girl. :;

The grounding wasn't called because there were two receivers right there.

Coke sniffer?
I know enough about football to get by, trust me. lol

I didn't see any receivers, just RAVENS players.

The coke sniffer is Quincy Carter, the 'Boys quarterback last year. But, because of his "drug problem" Parcells canned him and went out and PURPOSILY GOT Vinny Testaverde. The second most LOSING quarterback in the HISTORY of the NFL. And, what pisses me off about that, other than I hate Vinny and always have, is that Parcells had his best years working with a coke sniffer, who was one of the best defensemen EVER to play the game. I don't care for Parcells either. He should've stuck it out with the coke sniffer. Vinny sucks!

The King
10-25-2004, 09:19 AM
I too am a bit tired of Drew.... and this is not an easy thing for me to say.

Drew got me into football 10 years ago, he made everyone in this area excited about football again. His jersey was the first one I owned and I still have it hanging on the wall in my bar. I cried when I saw him hoisting the AFC Championship trophy above his head and to me Drew Bledsoe was what every QB should be a determined leader with uncanny ability and he was always and underdog. He was always throwing in pass happy offenses and always getting crushed behind the line... but he got up for more and 9 times out of 10 he fought back with a TD. He was always the first to take the blame and usually the last to deserve it. He was always a good QB but he was never Brett Farve.

I guess now for the future of the Buffalo Bills you have to look to Losman as this team season is already faded away. But I wont stop supporting Drew and I wont say a bad thing about him because for me Drew Bledsoe has been the icon when I think of football for the last 10 years. I think the fire has burned out inside of Drew I think his time in this league has passed but that does not take away the beauty of the 50+ yard bombs that only he could nail, that doesnt take away the block he layed out on the helpless Jet in his first game here and it doesnt take away the chills I used to get when I heard Bledsoe to Coates or Bledsoe to Glenn or Bledsoe to Moulds. I can only hope he doesnt linger in the NFL long enough to be a back up, and I can only hope that us Bills fans dont disrespect the guy who does go out there every Sunday and gives it all he has even if his all isnt that much anymore....

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:21 AM

for a man of your intelligence I would think you could make an arguement without making things up.

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:23 AM

get sacked.

mybills
10-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Abandon the play and find someone else. It's really all he has to do. But he's wearing horse blinders and doesn't scope the field. A good QB will at least move his eye balls around and make a quick dicision..and that's not Drew.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Abandon the play and find someone else. It's really all he has to do. But he's wearing horse blinders and doesn't scope the field. A good QB will at least move his eye balls around and make a quick dicision..and that's not Drew.

Can't abandon a screen like that. By the time he would find anybody, the linemen would be downfield and get a penalty. But he wouldn't find anybody because the receivers would be out blocking.

mybills
10-25-2004, 09:28 AM
I too am a bit tired of Drew.... and this is not an easy thing for me to say.

Drew got me into football 10 years ago, he made everyone in this area excited about football again. His jersey was the first one I owned and I still have it hanging on the wall in my bar. I cried when I saw him hoisting the AFC Championship trophy above his head and to me Drew Bledsoe was what every QB should be a determined leader with uncanny ability and he was always and underdog. He was always throwing in pass happy offenses and always getting crushed behind the line... but he got up for more and 9 times out of 10 he fought back with a TD. He was always the first to take the blame and usually the last to deserve it. He was always a good QB but he was never Brett Farve.

I guess now for the future of the Buffalo Bills you have to look to Losman as this team season is already faded away. But I wont stop supporting Drew and I wont say a bad thing about him because for me Drew Bledsoe has been the icon when I think of football for the last 10 years. I think the fire has burned out inside of Drew I think his time in this league has passed but that does not take away the beauty of the 50+ yard bombs that only he could nail, that doesnt take away the block he layed out on the helpless Jet in his first game here and it doesnt take away the chills I used to get when I heard Bledsoe to Coates or Bledsoe to Glenn or Bledsoe to Moulds. I can only hope he doesnt linger in the NFL long enough to be a back up, and I can only hope that us Bills fans dont disrespect the guy who does go out there every Sunday and gives it all he has even if his all isnt that much anymore....
That brought a tear to my eye...but all I want is for people to stop making excuses for him when he's wrong.

mybills
10-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Can't abandon a screen like that. By the time he would find anybody, the linemen would be downfield and get a penalty. But he wouldn't find anybody because the receivers would be out blocking.
Again, I'm talking about throwing into 3 man coverage down field, not a screen pass.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:31 AM
I saw the play...it was a complete disaster...he could throw it where he did or take the sack...either way fans would *****...

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Again, I'm talking about throwing into 3 man coverage down field, not a screen pass.

We were talking about the screen to McGahee.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:33 AM
That brought a tear to my eye...but all I want is for people to stop making excuses for him when he's wrong.
I'm not making one excuse for him...but if you think taking him out and inserting (to quote Hal) "Ham Sandwich" is going to change anything I think you are wrong. this offense is terrible. IF you are inside the 10 and have any sort of power running game you should be able to score a TD on the ground, regardless the QB. This team can't even do that. I am critical of DB when warranted. I am critical of everybody when warranted.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:34 AM
wrong play.

mybills
10-25-2004, 09:45 AM
We were talking about the screen to McGahee.
I think we both misunderstood. You quoted me first. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:47 AM
I think we both misunderstood. You quoted me first. :snicker:

Yes, I don't know what play you were talking about. The other parts were me and Eb talking about the botched screen to McGahee.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The Natrix
10-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Drew makes my blood boil.