PDA

View Full Version : Drew deserves some respect

Buffalofan
10-25-2004, 09:29 AM
All this Drew Bledsoe bashing is ridiculous! This guy is doing everything he can to try and win some games for the Bills but hes getting NO support. The O-Line is horrible at best and the play calling leaves me scratching my head. The whole team is out of rythym and the only excuse fans can come up with is the quarterback. Everyone is crying for a change, but be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. If you think that JP Losman or Shane Matthews can do any better with this team you are mistaken. Matthews has been out of football for a reason and JP is just learning the ropes. If JP is the future (and I believe he is) why would you want to throw him to the wolves and get him killed out there? Can JP scramble? Sure he can, but with this current team he would be running for his life and we would be holding our breaths everytime he went down. But the whole thing is pointless anyway as JP is currently injured and weeks away from any possible return.

Drew is a stand up guy and one of the nicest professional football players you will ever meet. The guy doesnt have a bad word to say about anybody yet the entire city of Buffalo and all the media (losers) cant do anything but blame him for every loss. Gee, did Drew have 3 passes go through his hands for interceptions? Is it Drew Bledsoe missing all those tackles on defense? Is it Drew Bledsoe commiting penalty after penalty keeping opponents drives alive? NO ! One of the hardest working guys on the team is # 11. This guy wants to win but he cant do it alone so before you start blaming the QB for every loss you may want to look at the rest of the team.

Drew is still a solid QB and we should consider ourselves lucky hes playing in a Bills uniform. He will probably be gone next season and I for one will be sad to see him go. He just needs a little help that this team will not give him. The whole team is playing like crap, not just the QB!!

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Oh boy, be gentle people. :;

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Can we please stop with the nice guy ****. There are thousands of nice guys I don't want playing QB for the Bills

The King
10-25-2004, 09:32 AM
I agree. But the team is not rallying behind their QB right now and until that happens it just isnt going to work. PLus this offense is still leaving him in 3rd and long situations time after time. I would rather see him move on then take an onslaught of bashing every week.

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Drew is still a solid QB and we should consider ourselves lucky hes playing in a Bills uniform. !!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thanks! I needed something to make me laugh this morning

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:34 AM
I agree. But the team is not rallying behind their QB right now and until that happens it just isnt going to work. PLus this offense is still leaving him in 3rd and long situations time after time. I would rather see him move on then take an onslaught of bashing every week.

I also.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 09:38 AM
I think it is too late...the OL needs major overhauling...I just hope that JP doesn't get killed when he gets in there.

justasportsfan
10-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Drew still has my respect in the personality and team player department. Not as a player.

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 09:43 AM
All this Drew Bledsoe bashing is ridiculous! This guy is doing everything he can to try and win some games for the Bills but hes getting NO support. The O-Line is horrible at best and the play calling leaves me scratching my head. The whole team is out of rythym and the only excuse fans can come up with is the quarterback. Everyone is crying for a change, but be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. If you think that JP Losman or Shane Matthews can do any better with this team you are mistaken. Matthews has been out of football for a reason and JP is just learning the ropes. If JP is the future (and I believe he is) why would you want to throw him to the wolves and get him killed out there? Can JP scramble? Sure he can, but with this current team he would be running for his life and we would be holding our breaths everytime he went down. But the whole thing is pointless anyway as JP is currently injured and weeks away from any possible return.

Drew is a stand up guy and one of the nicest professional football players you will ever meet. The guy doesnt have a bad word to say about anybody yet the entire city of Buffalo and all the media (losers) cant do anything but blame him for every loss. Gee, did Drew have 3 passes go through his hands for interceptions? Is it Drew Bledsoe missing all those tackles on defense? Is it Drew Bledsoe commiting penalty after penalty keeping opponents drives alive? NO ! One of the hardest working guys on the team is # 11. This guy wants to win but he cant do it alone so before you start blaming the QB for every loss you may want to look at the rest of the team.

Drew is still a solid QB and we should consider ourselves lucky hes playing in a Bills uniform. He will probably be gone next season and I for one will be sad to see him go. He just needs a little help that this team will not give him. The whole team is playing like crap, not just the QB!!

:rofl:

best post of the day! :wink:

just kidding.. your post sucks. :snicker: and so does drew.. take off your collectors edition drew bledsoe glasses and look at what the guy has done over the last two years.. it is enough to turn the biggest bills fans stomach.

almost all the people that are bashing him now are people that embraced him when he came here and wanted him to do well.. wanted him to succeed..

but people can only take so many god aweful sacks, fumbles, and interceptions before they are done waiting for the "promise" of the next great qb since jim kelly to arrive.

alohabillsfan
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
It's official! Nice guys in this league finish LAST! Fiedler must be a great guy also!

All I know is TD draft JP for 2 reasons, 1 Drew is not the future and 2 JP played behind a just as crappy O-line in college, experts said if he had a line he would have been a top 5 pick! or something like that! Anyways I say play him when he's 100% with WM and any O-Linemen that will be here next year. Drew can mentor from the sidelines!

Do you think we could snooker the dolphins into trading for DB????

The King
10-25-2004, 09:51 AM
:rofl:

but people can only take so many god aweful sacks, fumbles, and interceptions before they are done waiting for the "promise" of the next great qb since jim kelly to arrive.

Well I dont know what kind of Promise you were looking for but how many single season Jim Kelly records still stand. :scratch:

Drew just isnt the right piece to the puzzle but I dont know if any promises were made...

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 09:56 AM
i am not really intersted in drew breaking records for such monumental things as:

pass attempts (wow we threw the ball alot)
completions (wow..he completed more passes since he threw over 100 times more than anyone else)
yardage (wow, the was good between the 20s)

and almost all of his records with the bills are related to those 3 things..

not TDs, not WINS, or anything relivant to stats that helped this team.

The King
10-25-2004, 09:57 AM
If you dont think 4000+ yards helped this team then Im not sure any QB could make you happy.

The King
10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
BTW Kudos to who ever neg'd me with this comment. Thats real solid, you might want to get back to class before you teacher gets upset. I have to assume your 13 sorry.

"I bet you wanna give Bledsoe a blowjob"

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 10:02 AM
If you dont think 4000+ yards helped this team then Im not sure any QB could make you happy.

what did 4000 + yards get this team?

it sure wasnt wins..

and most of his yardage came from trying to catch up in games that he blew by giving the other team short fields on his ass load of fumbles and ints.

sorry.. but drew made a career on big yardage totals, but has never been able to get the ball in the endzone.. his highest td total was 28.. one year.. and he never got close again.. hell, culpepper will break 28 by midseason..

that is the difference.. yardage means nothing if you dont score.. or turn the ball over in the red zone.. which drew has been great at.

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 10:02 AM
BTW Kudos to who ever neg'd me with this comment. Thats real solid, you might want to get back to class before you teacher gets upset. I have to assume your 13 sorry.

"I bet you wanna give Bledsoe a blowjob"

by the way.. that absolutely wasnt me.. i wouldnt give you a neg. remark just because you differ in opinion.. and i always leave my name.

mybills
10-25-2004, 10:03 AM
I think what he's saying (and what I agree on) is that there was 4000+ yrds and no playoff or Super Bowl. Stats mean crap when you don't win.

The King
10-25-2004, 10:05 AM
what did 4000 + yards get this team?

it sure wasnt wins..

and most of his yardage came from trying to catch up in games that he blew by giving the other team short fields on his ass load of fumbles and ints.

sorry.. but drew made a career on big yardage totals, but has never been able to get the ball in the endzone.. his highest td total was 28.. one year.. and he never got close again.. hell, culpepper will break 28 by midseason..

that is the difference.. yardage means nothing if you dont score.. or turn the ball over in the red zone.. which drew has been great at.

Well regardless we are talking 2002 anyway, 2 years ago doesnt mean crap now. But I think the majority of our loses that year were due to the fact that the defense couldnt stop a pop warner squad.

And I know who neg'd me so does every one in this thread.

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Well regardless we are talking 2002 anyway, 2 years ago doesnt mean crap now. But I think the majority of our loses that year were due to the fact that the defense couldnt stop a pop warner squad.

And I know who neg'd me so does every one in this thread.

actually, MBB.. that is such a misconception.. go back and look at the scores that the team defense was allowing for the last half of the season.. they were above average.. and the offense was horrible the last portion of the season.. drew got his big numbers because the defense sucked earlie on in the year.. but they got much better and the offense got way worse.

and actually.. i dont know who gave you the neg rep.. are we supposed to be able to tell from this thread? because i am the only one that seems to be debating with you, but i promise you i didnt do it.. i dont typically pull punches.. so if i had something negative to say, i would probably just put it in the thread here.. :snicker:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Sure, Drew deserves some respect. Yes, Drew is giving everything he has. Anybody who has been watching can see that he has worked very hard and is well prepared each week. He takes the success (or lack thereof) of the Bills personally. You gotta respect a guy who does those things and takes all the shots and keeps getting up.

Unfortunately, the Good Guy Effect doesn't win football games in the NFL.
This is reality, and the reality is that the game, on an NFL level, has passed Drew by.

I would love to see Drew succeed. I would love to see him lighting things up again and go to the ProBowl.

It ain't happenin. Drew has given us all he has.....and I for one am sorry to see his rapid decline.

You will all see how far Drew has slid as soon as JP gets under center and things start clicking....but for now, enjoy watching Drew play....you are witnessing the end of a nice career.

The question "Can Drew's career be revived?" has been answered with a resounding "NO", and I hope it did not fall on deaf ears.

Buckets
10-25-2004, 11:44 AM

Last I saw he's on the offense and the biggest reason we are 3rd and long.

BAM
10-25-2004, 11:46 AM
The question "Can Drew's career be revived?" has been answered with a resounding "NO", and I hope it did not fall on deaf ears.

Excellent. :clap: :bf1: :clap: