PDA

View Full Version : Did Moulds really drop two TD passes?

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I couldn't see that game. WTF happened??? Did Moulds really drop 2 TDs passes? Were they catchable? :mad:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 09:46 AM
I couldn't see that game. WTF happened??? Did Moulds really drop 2 TDs passes? Were they catchable? :mad:

Yes, not easy, but definitely catchable. At least IMO.

mybills
10-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Missed two, only one was catchable. The line fell apart and they were going after Drew, he escaped and threw it anyway, but it was too late.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2004, 09:49 AM
The whole team, including their leaders, are stinking it up this year. Any other year Moulds would've caught those cicus catches.

justasportsfan
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
The dropped ball in the endzone was more odf Drew's fault. We only say that Moulds should've caught that one because we think he's superman. Well sometimes he's Clark kent and it's hard to catch a ball thrown behind you from a close distance especially w/ the zip that Drew puts into it.

Patrick76777
10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
First one, he was wide open, 5 yards away and drew threw the ball a good 3 feet behind him. It would have been a miraculous catch!

The second one was almost as tough. The DB tipped it slightly which IMO made Moulds drop it.

Valerie
10-25-2004, 09:51 AM
He definitely dropped one catchable TD pass, IMHO. I don't know about the other one. I don't get Moulds at all. He catches some incredible passes with one hand, on his way down but misses, what I consider to be catchable passes. It makes no sense. ****! Deion Sanders scored MORE touchdowns than the entire Bills offense!:mad:

FTG
10-25-2004, 09:51 AM
If you consider running a crossing pattern and having to reach 2 feet behind you just to get your left hand on the ball and then not being able to pull in a high pass that was well defended I guess he did.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 09:57 AM
That one that was behind him was right below me...that one was all on Drew :down:

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
That one that was behind him was right below me...that one was all on Drew :down:

Never said it wasn't, but could it/should it have been caught? Would it have been more miraculous that the deep ball he caught? I think not.

TedMock
10-25-2004, 10:18 AM
The big problem I have is that people seriously think he's an 'A-list' receiver. He's a decent 2nd tier guy. The pass behind him was very catchable, albeit the throw wasn't very good. He turned and got his hands on it, not just a finger, his hands. The other one was right in front of me, he had his hands on it, the DB tipped it out and it hit him again and he dropped it while falling into the corner of the endzone. Tough catch, but not impossible. The difference is that a big-play guy makes both catches. T.O., Moss, Harrison, etc. make those catches. Moulds can make great acrobatic catches sometimes, but he let's us down just as often. Big play guys, make big plays. He missed two opportunities yesterday. He gets stupid penalties, doesn't block, and let's not forget the fumble in week one.

Having said that. He's a tremendous talent who needs to play to that ability. I don't know why he doesn't. I don't think we should get rid of him or anything like that. I'm just voicing my frustrations with him.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2004, 10:24 AM
The big problem I have is that people seriously think he's an 'A-list' receiver. He's a decent 2nd tier guy. The pass behind him was very catchable, albeit the throw wasn't very good. He turned and got his hands on it, not just a finger, his hands. The other one was right in front of me, he had his hands on it, the DB tipped it out and it hit him again and he dropped it while falling into the corner of the endzone. Tough catch, but not impossible. The difference is that a big-play guy makes both catches. T.O., Moss, Harrison, etc. make those catches. Moulds can make great acrobatic catches sometimes, but he let's us down just as often. Big play guys, make big plays. He missed two opportunities yesterday. He gets stupid penalties, doesn't block, and let's not forget the fumble in week one.

Having said that. He's a tremendous talent who needs to play to that ability. I don't know why he doesn't. I don't think we should get rid of him or anything like that. I'm just voicing my frustrations with him.

In preseason I saw Calico catch a ball with Vincent all over him and Vincent had is hand on the ball. Against Jacksonville, we lost because their receiver (whoever the hell that was) wanted it more.

I thought the exact same thing. Not easy catches, but definitely catchable.

TedMock
10-25-2004, 10:28 AM
In preseason I saw Calico catch a ball with Vincent all over him and Vincent had is hand on the ball. Against Jacksonville, we lost because their receiver (whoever the hell that was) wanted it more.

I thought the exact same thing. Not easy catches, but definitely catchable.

That kid in the Jax game, too. He had defenders all around him and came down with the ball. Jimmy Smith had Clements all over him, and came down with the ball. Moulds needs to "man-up" and take the ball.

Drewpac
10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
The big problem I have is that people seriously think he's an 'A-list' receiver. He's a decent 2nd tier guy. The pass behind him was very catchable, albeit the throw wasn't very good. He turned and got his hands on it, not just a finger, his hands. The other one was right in front of me, he had his hands on it, the DB tipped it out and it hit him again and he dropped it while falling into the corner of the endzone. Tough catch, but not impossible. The difference is that a big-play guy makes both catches. T.O., Moss, Harrison, etc. make those catches. Moulds can make great acrobatic catches sometimes, but he let's us down just as often. Big play guys, make big plays.

You have lost all credibility with that statement. Moulds is a "decent 2nd tier" receiver? You must be kidding me. A decent 2nd tier receiver is Tai Streets or Johnnie Morton, not Eric Moulds. The guy has had a bit of the problems with the dropsies, but one of the A-Listers you mentioned (T.O.) drops far more passes than Moulds. Moulds has put up pretty staggering numbers given the WRs the Bills have lined up next to him over the years. I can only imagine the numbers Moulds would have put up over his career if he had played in a decent offense with a capable QB. Think about the QBs he's been saddled with throughout his career. The best one he's played with was Doug Freakin Flutie! (Don't count Kelly because that was Moulds' rookie year and Kelly's final season).

justasportsfan
10-25-2004, 12:00 PM

Having said that. He's a tremendous talent who needs to play to that ability. I don't know why he doesn't. I don't think we should get rid of him or anything like that. I'm just voicing my frustrations with him. I disagree. It was thrown behind him and although he had his hand on it, it was his left and consider the velocity that Drew threw at that range.

You can't expect Moulds to keep catching every circus catches he's ever had to make.

Like I said in the other thread, it wasn't Drews fault, Moulds ran too fast :liar:

TedMock
10-26-2004, 10:17 AM
I disagree. It was thrown behind him and although he had his hand on it, it was his left and consider the velocity that Drew threw at that range.

You can't expect Moulds to keep catching every circus catches he's ever had to make.

Like I said in the other thread, it wasn't Drews fault, Moulds ran too fast :liar:

I'm not in any way excusing Drew's throw. It was definitely not where it should've been. I was only making the judgement on Moulds not being the big-game guy we all hoped for. He's a good receiver, but I just don't put him on the A-list.

TedMock
10-26-2004, 10:37 AM
You have lost all credibility with that statement. Moulds is a "decent 2nd tier" receiver? You must be kidding me. A decent 2nd tier receiver is Tai Streets or Johnnie Morton, not Eric Moulds. The guy has had a bit of the problems with the dropsies, but one of the A-Listers you mentioned (T.O.) drops far more passes than Moulds. Moulds has put up pretty staggering numbers given the WRs the Bills have lined up next to him over the years. I can only imagine the numbers Moulds would have put up over his career if he had played in a decent offense with a capable QB. Think about the QBs he's been saddled with throughout his career. The best one he's played with was Doug Freakin Flutie! (Don't count Kelly because that was Moulds' rookie year and Kelly's final season).

If T.O. drops more than Moulds, I haven't seen it. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I haven't seen many balls go through TO's hands. Of course I don't watch Philly that often either. I do think your "credibility" statement is way off, but I also realize that we're all frustrated. Think back over the last few years. Moulds has had some great games, but when you really need those big plays he doesn't usually make them. It's not just the drops. I agree that he's played with bad QB's, but so have others. Tai Streets? No. Moulds is much better than he is. Streets is not a 2nd tier guy, IMO. Johnny Morton does not see the balls that he did in Detroit. Even there, as a #2 guy he had 4-1000 yard seasons with Scott Mitchell and Charlie Batch throwing the ball. It's not like he's had great QB's. Harrison has had Manning, can't argue with that. Harrison, TO, and Moss are the 3 elite guys, IMO. I honestly believe that Moulds falls more on the good-2nd level just below a guy like Rod Smith, but above a guy like Keyshawn. Moulds is much more athletic than most guys, but he hasn't been a consistantly dominant player. For those reasons, I can't see how anybody can say that Eric Moulds is a top-level wide receiver. I'd question the credibility of someone who does.

don137
10-26-2004, 12:22 PM
At the NFL level balls thrown like that behind the receiver should be caught. He got his hands on the ball and at this level you shouldn't drop it if you get your hands on the ball especially since he had a clear look at the throw.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
I just saw the highlights last night. Seems like the second pass went right through his hands.

Stop greasing those freaking gloves! :mad: