PDA

View Full Version : Once JP is officially named the starter...

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 10:10 AM
how many games does he have to show he has the stuff that made him worth that trade?? how long do you give him a pass?

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 10:11 AM
1.5 years.

FTG
10-25-2004, 10:12 AM
2 years

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
if he just completely sucks the whole time.. 1.5 years.. if he shows some flashes of greatness at all.. 2 years is fair.. depending on how many flashes.. maybe even 3 years..

hell.. everyone gave up on drew brees.. and he is going to end up being the replacement for farve next year.. he looks great this year.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 10:16 AM
if he just completely sucks the whole time.. 1.5 years.. if he shows some flashes of greatness at all.. 2 years is fair.. depending on how many flashes.. maybe even 3 years..

hell.. everyone gave up on drew brees.. and he is going to end up being the replacement for farve next year.. he looks great this year.
2008 is a long time to wait for the playoffs...

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2004, 10:16 AM
1.5 years? 2 years?

How come Big Ben can show his stuff from the minute he's put in?

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 10:17 AM
1.5 years? 2 years?

better surrounding talent??

FTG
10-25-2004, 10:18 AM
1.5 years? 2 years?

good point. He has 2 games :up:

TedMock
10-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Next year. Big Ben is a rare rookie. I won't put too much judgement on JP this year. Like some already said, let's see if he shows signs of greatness. Peyton Manning struggled quite a bit in year one, and made a lot of stupid mistakes. So did McNabb. Culpepper had a strong arm with zero accuracy, luckily he had Chris Carter and Randy Moss making circus catches all year on bad throws. The guy's a stud right now. The packers had Favre and Brunell on the bench. The list goes on. 3 more losses and we're "technically" out of the playoffs (I know what reality is, but you can't have the coach throw in the towel either). Anyway, JP's leg should be stronger in the next few weeks and we'll see what happens this year. Then we have to give him 1 season as the full time starter. If anything, he'll show how his poise and maturation develop. Even if they're losing, we'll at least know if he's growing up. Best case scenario.....Big Ben like performances.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2004, 10:29 AM
I want Losman in as soon as he's healthy enough to play. I don't even care if he's 100% or not. Just get his ass out there. The season is lost for us already anyway. :cry:

Jayhawk
10-25-2004, 10:31 AM
a half.

no 1.5 years

Drewpac
10-25-2004, 11:23 AM
I already hate Losman. As soon as he throws his first incomplete pass I'll be calling for Bledthews.

Jayhawk
10-25-2004, 11:26 AM
well good fo you

BAM
10-25-2004, 11:28 AM
2 years is reasonable IMO.

IMO Burger has a better team aorund him, including the coaches.

Buffalofan
10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
The way you guys talk about JP Losman maybe he should change his name to "JC" as in Jesus Christ. Whats the deal? I forget, how many passes has he thrown in the NFL? Whats his record? Hey, dont get me wrong, i am looking forward to his arrival as well but dont go betting the farm on a rookie QB. This team needs MUCH MUCH more than just a QB.

lordofgun
10-25-2004, 11:44 AM
JP gets 2 years mimimum.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 11:45 AM
The way you guys talk about JP Losman maybe he should change his name to "JC" as in Jesus Christ. Whats the deal? I forget, how many passes has he thrown in the NFL? Whats his record? Hey, dont get me wrong, i am looking forward to his arrival as well but dont go betting the farm on a rookie QB. This team needs MUCH MUCH more than just a QB.
Amen.

BAM
10-25-2004, 11:52 AM
JP gets 2 years mimimum.

:hi5:

:up:

bernielivsey_1
10-25-2004, 02:06 PM
:fury: Leftwich has won with less than 16 games. :poem:

Crisis
10-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Depends on his performance, if he's worse than Drew when he comes in,1 year. If he looks OK, 2 yrs. If he looks great, 10 years.

askabry
10-25-2004, 03:50 PM
If Losman is unsuccessful,
Losman's shelflife = TD's shelflife + six minutes.

If Losman is successful,

TD's shelflife is indefinite.

illusionone
10-25-2004, 05:05 PM
2 years

I laugh at this as if Bills fans will actually give him a break. If JP comes out and ****s the bed, bills fans will be all over him in year # 1. even if he comes in this year and stinks, everybody will be on the I hate JP bandwagon.....

ScottLawrence
10-25-2004, 06:16 PM
2008 is a long time to wait for the playoffs...

He doesn't have to be GOOD for us to be in the playoffs.

Kyle Boller is probably the worst starting QB in the league and, the Ravens are sitting at 4-2 in position for either a wildcard or the division.

I don't really know how much time I give him, if he shows NOTHING at all(Kyle Boller) I tear him apart each week like I do to Drew.

You either have it or you don't.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 06:18 PM
careful....you'll be labelled as a Drew apologist if you note there's more than the QB at fault right now :;

FTG
10-25-2004, 06:35 PM
careful....you'll be labelled as a Drew apologist if you note there's more than the QB at fault right now :;

.........and you're the one that has been calling other people liars today :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 06:35 PM
It should be fairly clear within a few games whether or not he has "it" or not. I don't mean he has to win them, but he has to show those "intangibles" like Manning, Marino, etc. all showed in their rookie seasons. If not, he may still be "solid" but odds are he won't be "great". But solid is not worth a #2, #5 and a #1 set of picks.

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 06:37 PM
.........and you're the one that has been calling other people liars today :rolleyes:
yeah..and? I've been called someone who doesn't care how the team does based on the fact that I know the difference between a GM and a coach. Should I put my title up in big bold letters?

FTG
10-25-2004, 06:43 PM
yeah..and? I've been called someone who doesn't care how the team does based on the fact that I know the difference between a GM and a coach. Should I put my title up in big bold letters?

Yeah, Maybe you should put your title up in big bold letters since you are not even following it.

You were called that because you seem to willing to accept mediocrity.

Mad Bomber
10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
This team needs MUCH MUCH more than just a QB.

I totally agree. But the fact remains that we DO need a QB. That would be, to quote Pink Floyd, another Brick in the Wall.

Arod3619
10-25-2004, 10:49 PM

i would disagree, this team is not that far away. We have an amazing defense and tons of weapons on the offensive side. Yea our o-line sucks but at least losman can run when the play breaks down instead of hunching over and taking the sack, like someone else. Plus the thing losman has that bledsoe doesnt is confidence which is the most important thing for a qb to have.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-26-2004, 04:58 AM
1.5 years? 2 years?

Leftwich has won with less than 16 games
In addition to the fact that both Roethlisberger and Leftwich both have had much better offensive lines protecting them and making the running game more effective for them, Big Ben hasn't exactly faced the cream of the NFL's defenses thus far. He's off to a hot start, but let's wait and see how he does over the course of the rest of his rookie season before annointing him or comparing others to him. I happen to like Roethlisberger--I liked him the first time I saw him play in college--and I think that he is going to be a great pro QB, but he's still a rookie and he's going to be put into positions where he's going to make rookie mistakes--just like every other rookie QB that has ever played the game (with the possible exception of Marino).

As for Leftwich, even though he came out of a pro-style pass-oriented offense in college, he struggled at times after he began playing last season (how many games did the Jags win last season--5?). In fact, his coaches were so concerned that they tried protecting him through the first 3 games of this season by relying on their running game and their defense to keep them in those games. Did you see how effective he was against the Bills in the opener? If Clements knocks down the pass to J.Smith or Smith doesn't make a phenomenal leaping grab, Leftwich doesn't win that game and gets a lot of the blame for the loss. It's not until the Jags fourth game, against Indy, when their defensive line began to get banged up and they knew that they would have to throw to keep up with P.Manning & Co. that the Jags coaching staff let B.Leftwich start throwing the ball around a lot.

Losman didn't get the kind of coaching that Leftwich got in college and won't have the receivers that Big Ben has, or the offensive line and running game that both Roethlisberger and Leftwich can count on to keep the blitzes off of them. He's going to make rookie mistakes. And, he's not likely to win many games at first: J.Elway didn't, T.Aikman managed to win all of 1 game his rookie season, etc. So, we Bills fans are going to have to give him some time to develop and show us what he can do.

He should start to show us some flashes once he starts to play--even though those flashes will probably be few and far between. But, I think that it will be another full season before we will have any sense of just how good he will be--witness Carson Palmer's struggles this season. I would say that we won't really see if he can take the Bills to the playoffs or a SB until sometime in the first half of the season after next. If he is able to win or keep the team in games with the offense consistently next season, I think that we will have something. But, we should see some flashes of that before then.

jbisset
10-26-2004, 08:16 AM
how many games does he have to show he has the stuff that made him worth that trade?? how long do you give him a pass?

He needs to show something in the first year but we need to give him 2 years to show what is future is. We also need to get him an above average Oline.