• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Emotionally spent

As a fan I am getting drained emotionally. I am tired of getting up hope drive after drive only to watch the drives end in a pick or T/O of sorts. Sunday's game was a perfect example of getting one's hope up only to have it dashed with a bad play. Examples: Drew's scrammble, 3rd and 15 and they run, two drives ending in a pick, I could go on, but I'm tired.

I'm tired. I still cheer for the Bills and will always cheer for them, but am wondering when I/we as fans can get some sort of return on my emotional investment. All it will take is a few good games, a winning record, perhaps a playoff appearance, something, anything. Give us something to hold on to. A sign of hope, a silver lining on that dark cloud that hangs over my head.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I feel the same way.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

It makes a hangover much worse.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I tried to drwon my sorrow in beer last night, but it didn't work.

Now I'm hungover AND sad.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

That's why I put myself in "Bills rehab" several weeks ago. Why let a team of 53 complete strangers ruin your life?

I still pull hard for them, but I have lowered my expectations to the point that these galling defeats bother me much less. The Bills, as currently constituted, are not worthy of anyone's emotional sacrifice.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I feel the same way.

Loss to Jacksonville = Shocked
            Loss to Oakland = Angered
            Loss to Pats = Frustrated
            Loss to Jets = Defeated
            Loss to Baltimore = Indifferent

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
              • Jul 2003

I have watched almost every game which wasnt blacked out since '79 and I think Ive been almost numb to losing. Its like finding out one of your kids is gay. You still love him but it kills you a little (no grandkids = no super bowl).
              In Marv We Trust
              The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Great analogy. The Bills and the Gays both suck.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  The Bills, as currently constituted, are not worthy of anyone's emotional sacrifice.
                  Good point. As long as TD is still here and continues to f**k up the team, then emotionally detaching from them is not such a bad idea.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                    • Jul 2002

Sunday was quite the rollercoaster. They had some nice plays to move the ball in the second half (HIGH), only to throw interceptions in the end zone (LOW). Such is life. It was a day right after Jim Valvano (Jimmy V). I thought, I laughed and I cried, just like Jimmey V. What a day!!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                      Sunday was quite the rollercoaster. They had some nice plays to move the ball in the second half (HIGH), only to throw interceptions in the end zone (LOW).
                      That's what I'm getting at, those highs are great, but the lows are deflating. They are getting to be more frequent than I would like.

Comment

Working...
                      X