PDA

View Full Version : Drew gets benched during AZ game

Billzz
10-25-2004, 05:28 PM
MM will bench DB during the Arizona game if he is not productive.

There is no way he can continue to carry out a season with no production at QB. When I say no production I mean giving games away or making that critical mistake. For the love of christ look at the year the Ravens won the super bowl behind Trent Dilfer. He did nothing spectacular, dosen't make the long throw or had huge talent at wide reciever like we do currently. He just kept them in the game instead of giving it away.

You can say 1 interception was Drew's fault during the ravens game, but I say no. If he put the ball in the right place those picks don't happen. Watch where he delivers the ball to recievers, either HIGH or in a position the reciever needs to make adjustments. His only good throws came to Moulds for a TD and the 1 pass Evans was able to keep in stride in past games. For a gun slinging QB he isn't even doing that right. Touch pass???? Where the hell has he thrown anything but a ROCKET. He seems so afraid of getting picked he just hammers balls in, pathetic. Don't even get me started about the fumble against the Pats, game killer.

Anyway MM has given players enough rope to hang themselves, Drew is next. While Shane is not a long term anwser he may provide that "spark" Mr. Mularkey likes to talk about until JP is healthy. Jury is out if the rookie can even make a difference, but something is better then what we have. Hell I would take Stewart in the game, atleast he can make plays with our sh@tty O-line.

Enough babbling, just what I see coming in the near future and the strong possibility of losing to the cardinals, perish the thought :cry:

Drive 4 Five
10-25-2004, 07:49 PM
It would not surprise me at all to see the Bills get their asses handed to them by the Cards. I can't believe I just said that! What the f**k! This is encouraging though. Today NFL Network reported that J.P actually suited up for the Ravens game as the no.3 and that he has been practicing. I did not know that! So the situation with Matthews must be that even as bad as Drew is playing, Matthews is not the kind of player you bench someone like Drew for? This according to T.D. and Eisen. That says a whole hell of alot about Matthew's ability. I sure hope you are right about them sitting Bledsoe's ass.

Turf
10-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Sadly enough, Drew has fumbled the football in practically every game I've watched the past year and a half.
If he doesn't we say he had a good game.
But Drew's lack of brain power doesn't overshadow the saddest offensive line in the NFL.

Mad Bomber
10-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Sadly enough, Drew has fumbled the football in practically every game I've watched the past year and a half.
If he doesn't we say he had a good game.
But Drew's lack of brain power doesn't overshadow the saddest offensive line in the NFL.

Dead on balls accurate with that assessment....

The fact that we have the most perfectly sh***y O-line in the NFL is the reason we need a QB that can move. Even though I think that JP has all the intellect of my cat, I think that he can bring something to our O because of his mobility. He's no rocket scientist, but at least he's more mobile than Bledslow!