PDA

View Full Version : Five wins in the final :45 seconds of the game

Tatonka
10-25-2004, 06:11 PM
the jaguars..

5 wins in the final :45 seconds of tha game.

how fun is that!

why cant we be the jags.. in what areas are they better than us?

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 06:14 PM
There isn't enough space on this forum to list them all.

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 06:15 PM
one thing and one thing only: mistakes. they don't turn the ball over, they don't have stupid penalties, and they don't give up big plays in the closing seconds of close games.

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2004, 06:16 PM

5 wins to 1 win.

That is all that really matters man.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 06:19 PM
one thing and one thing only: mistakes. they don't turn the ball over, they don't have stupid penalties, and they don't give up big plays in the closing seconds of close games.
If that's true, then you have to look squarely at MM. Which of course leads back to TD who decided to try a rookie coach AGAIN for the second time.

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 06:50 PM
If that's true, then you have to look squarely at MM. Which of course leads back to TD who decided to try a rookie coach AGAIN for the second time.

MM was definitely a gamble- one that hasn't paid off (at least not yet). I'd say "give him time" but how much time does TD need to put a decent team together?

The_Philster
10-25-2004, 06:53 PM
MM was definitely a gamble- one that hasn't paid off (at least not yet). I'd say "give him time" but how much time does TD need to put a decent team together?
that's an excellent question. GW had us at 3-13 with what seemed to be lesser talent...on paper, we have a good roster but something just isn't clicking all the way from the top to the bottom of the roster

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:08 PM
that's an excellent question. GW had us at 3-13 with what seemed to be lesser talent...on paper, we have a good roster but something just isn't clicking all the way from the top to the bottom of the roster

Agreed- this team is deep at WR, has two running backs capable of starting, acceptable FB's and TE's, a veteran QB who can throw the deep ball, and one of the best defenses in the league. On paper, the only holes are the O-line and the place kicker. It's definitely an organizational problem. And I think that fans (myself included) wouldn't be so hard on Mularkey if it weren't for 3 straight losing seasons (going on 4).

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
...how much time does TD need to put a decent team together?That's the crux of the entire debate. IMO, he has had enough time. 4 years without a winning season (6 including his last two in Pitt). Now, I'm not saying that he has done everything wrong. He made two colossal mistakes with GW and Drew, and hasn't had much success with high ranked offensive picks so far (MW, Reed). He has made some good chioces on the D with Spikes, Clements, etc. However, the bottom line is that for whatever reason, things are not working out. When that happens, you just have to make a change and see where it takes you.

BAM
10-25-2004, 07:19 PM
5 wins to 1 win.

That is all that really matters man.

Correct. Although I do find it very respectable that their team keeps finding ways to step up in the final minute of the game... when it really matters. Cheers to Jacksonville, I hope they take the whole thing this year. :up:

FTG
10-25-2004, 07:24 PM

...........on both lines and QB.

Watching them gives me hope for MM. Delrio looked like a moron as a rookie headcoach with his axe and log in the locker room among other things. Hopefully MM can learn from his mistakes like Delrio did.

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 07:47 PM
GW could win because the players made bunch of mistakes...MM can't win because the players make a bunch of mistakes...

...could it be that TD hired a bunch of dumb players?

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
GW could win because the players made bunch of mistakes...MM can't win because the players make a bunch of mistakes...

...could it be that TD hired a bunch of dumb players?It's definitely possible. 2 different coaching staffs and the same results. The only thing that is consistent are the players.....

....and the GM. :snicker:

Ebenezer
10-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Now, I'm not saying that he has done everything wrong. He made two colossal mistakes with GW and Drew, and hasn't had much success with high ranked offensive picks so far (MW, Reed). He has made some good chioces on the D with Spikes, Clements, etc.

So, he has replaced those mistakes with JP and MM. Logic says that if those two are as good as they can be (and according to the folks around here JP is the second coming) then has TD earned the right to see it out?

If he has hit more than missed then he has, imo.

The big misses:
The Williams boys (gr-EGG head and Mike)
DB
Reed
Denney

The bit hits:
Spikes
Fletcher (like it or not he is a pretty decent LB playing stupid right now)
Nor resigning Price
Milloy
Henry
McGahee
McGee
JP Losman (according to many around here)
Moorman
more?

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2004, 09:09 PM
So, he has replaced those mistakes with JP and MM. Logic says that if those two are as good as they can be (and according to the folks around here JP is the second coming) then has TD earned the right to see it out?

If he has hit more than missed then he has, imo.

The big misses:
The Williams boys (gr-EGG head and Mike)
DB
Reed
Denney

The bit hits:
Spikes
Fletcher (like it or not he is a pretty decent LB playing stupid right now)
Nor resigning Price
Milloy
Henry
McGahee
McGee
JP Losman (according to many around here)
Moorman
more?There are probably more hits/misses but in the end it really doesn't matter what the specific parts of the puzzle are. It is all about the wins. If the team is 18-36, that means something...whatever that something is.....is wrong.

Look at Belichick in Cleveland. After having 1 winning season out of 5, who would have thunk it that he would lead the Pats to 2 SB titles? Sometimes things just don't work out for whatever reason and at this point TD hasn't worked out.