PDA

View Full Version : Most of us did something very stupid...

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 06:23 PM
we thought that this team was rebounding because they beat the DOLPHINS. The WORST team in the NFL right now (yes they have the same record, but we have the head-to-head tiebreaker). What made us think this was a sign of better things to come? It was a hard-fought victory against a terrible team at home. Beating a playoff contender on the road is a completely different story.

This team has a LONG way to go- thanks for nothing, TD.

FTG
10-25-2004, 06:38 PM
You're right. I thought would beat Baltimore after the Miami win. I was dumb enough to think Drew could keep on playing turnover free football.

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 06:57 PM
You're right. I thought would beat Baltimore after the Miami win. I was dumb enough to think Drew could keep on playing turnover free football.

Before this game, he was relatively turnover-free. The one against NE hurt, but that was a horrible play call and he was desperately trying to get rid of the ball on 4th down. If I remember correctly, he only had 2 TO's in the first three games, and one of them hit the receiver in the hands. I guess we shouldn't have expected it to last, though- it was only a matter of time.

But despite Bledsoe's poor play, he's not the sole reason why we suck. I'm not trying to make any excuses for the guy- he played terribly. But show me one QB who can win with receivers who drop balls, an O-line that can't run-block and a coach who calls draw plays 5 yards behind the LOS on 3rd and 15.

BAM
10-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I am guilty of this... along with 75% of the media and posters on Billszone.com (probably other boards as well, I dunno). There was an overwhelming feeling of optimism, except for our friendly neighborhood pessies of course... :snicker:

OpIv37
10-25-2004, 07:32 PM
except for our friendly neighborhood pessies of course... :snicker:

There's always a few. We could beat the Pats 51-7 and there would be people on here *****ing about how Wire got beat for a TD and we need to cut him, and Lindell sucks cuz he missed a 51-yard FG when the score was 44-0.

But I can sympathize with those people sometimes, after all, an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised

Philagape
10-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Miami beat the Rams, which beat Seattle.

Icer
10-25-2004, 07:36 PM
I got sucked into it too, still cant believe I picked the Bills over the Ravens.
ouch :doh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2004, 06:50 AM
I was one, but then again when it becomes Saturday I think the Bills are going to beat any team they play. Then on Sunday reality comes back. I don't really think that it is stupid to think they are going to win. It might be stupid to think Miami is the worst team in the league and not the second worst.

Jan Reimers
10-26-2004, 07:11 AM
With my lowered expectations, I figured us to lose and therefore wasn't disappointed. Afte all, we were on the road against a great defense. We have lost far more winnable games.

Folks, this is a very poor team. Don't expect them to win at home, let alone on the road. Be happy for the 2 or 3 wins we might get this year, and hope like Hell that Losman, McGahee, Evans and a retooled O line will give us something better in the future.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2004, 11:04 AM
we thought that this team was rebounding because they beat the DOLPHINS.

WE did??? :huh: we'll be lucky to win another game.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2004, 11:07 AM
With my lowered expectations, I figured us to lose and therefore wasn't disappointed. Afte all, we were on the road against a great defense. We have lost far more winnable games.

Folks, this is a very poor team. Don't expect them to win at home, let alone on the road. Be happy for the 2 or 3 wins we might get this year, and hope like Hell that Losman, McGahee, Evans and a retooled O line will give us something better in the future.

i agree.

TedMock
10-26-2004, 12:37 PM
I was stupid enough to go sit in the cold on Sunday and catch a cold in hopes of a team on the rebound.

EDS
10-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Our collective pride took a big hit last Sunday. Fortunately, hope springs eternal. My faith cannot be extinguished.

I have faith that Loseman, McGahee and Evens will lead the offense to new heights;
I have faith that a solid defense will become a dominant one at least a few weekends per year;
I have faith in the coaching staff, by all accounts they have the makings of an excellent staff in time;
I have faith that respectibility and even the playoffs are not that far out of reach - not this year mind you, but soon. The pieces, hopefully, are getting into place.

Mad Bomber
10-26-2004, 09:07 PM
I got sucked into it too, still cant believe I picked the Bills over the Ravens.
ouch :doh:
I only picked the Bills to cover. I thought it would be a 9-6 game...