You want to know what will make TD look like a genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

You want to know what will make TD look like a genius?

i will forgive TD completely if Losman comes in and plays like brett farve.. mcgahee looks like bo jackson, and lee evans plays like marvin harrison.

the offensive line is an issue right now.. no question.. but would we even be talking about it if the qb was mobile? i personally dont think so.. not to say that i dont want to see the oline upgraded.. but i am positive that it will look a hell of alot better with a mobile qb.

i like what mcgahee has shown, other than his piss poor effort chasing down that interception yesterday.. with an adequate passing game and an improved oline, and a little more of his jump back.. i could see him being a dominant player.

i like what lee evans has shown. it is obviously tough to gauge a rookie wr.. and it is especially tough to judge them when their qbs are not capable of hitting them in stride or in the numbers on a regular basis. so far though, evans has shown what we had hoped for.. great speed and good hands.

are the expectations of farve, jackson, and harrison a bit high.. sure.. definately.. my point is.. if these three are our new trio and td can figure out a way to fix the oline.. all is forgiven..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

the offensive line is an issue right now.. no question.. but would we even be talking about it if the qb was mobile? i personally dont think so..
    I agree with your overall point- TD can still redeem himself.

But I disagree about the O line because they can't run block for ****. Both Henry and McGahee had no holes yesterday. maybe if we had a mobile QB, it would help because it would force the D to back off and spy. But our run game would still be struggling.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

are the expectations of farve, jackson, and harrison a bit high.. sure.. definately.. my point is.. if these three are our new trio and td can figure out a way to fix the oline.. all is forgiven..
      I agree.

Well, actually there's one more piece that has to work out: MM. It's possible that those three can shine and MM turn out to be a dud. If that happens, TD will be 0-2 on the most important person on the team...the coach. Ultimately the coach is the position we need to have right in order to move forward for years to come.

Comment

• FTG
        • Aug 2004

I agree. If these 3 pan out as well as MM than all is forgiven TD. My only problem with him is sticking with a bad decision to long. Every GM makes mistakesand I don't expect him not to. Some just realize it and correct it. He has this problem of keeping his mistakes 1 year to long and that is what bothers me about him.
        Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i think the oline blocks better against the run if we had a qb that had any threat of mobility..

problem is that because drew is a statue.. all other teams have to do is just blitz ALL THE TIME... it eats up the run or the pass.. now typically if you have a qb that can adjust to a blitzing team.. which we dont.. you can burn teams for blitzing with reckless abandon.. like the patriots did..

if a qb could scramble out of the pocket and toss a td over the defenses head.. maybe the blitzing would stop coming on every play and it would make run blocking look a hell of alot better.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

if a qb could scramble out of the pocket and toss a td over the defenses head.. maybe the blitzing would stop coming on every play and it would make run blocking look a hell of alot better.
            Yes.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

call me crazy.. but i still am not one single bit worried about MM.. i feel like he was the right choice.. that is just my gut telling me that.. obviously we havent seen alot to show us one way or the other..

maybe MM needs a different offensive cordinator.. it could be as simple as that.. but regardless.. i like MM.. i like the way he carries himself and how he represents this team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Maybe, or maybe our penalty-prone O-line would just get called for holding more often, as they try to stop players who have already beaten them from chasing down JP.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

call me crazy.. but i still am not one single bit worried about MM.. i feel like he was the right choice.. that is just my gut telling me that.. obviously we havent seen alot to show us one way or the other..

maybe MM needs a different offensive cordinator.. it could be as simple as that.. but regardless.. i like MM.. i like the way he carries himself and how he represents this team.
                  I'd hate to see him succed, because then who would Ihave to curse? I need like 20 things to curse.
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                    I'd hate to see him succed, because then who would Ihave to curse? I need like 20 things to curse.
                    If he succeeds we can all go back to cursing the right people......the refs.

P.S. Great sig icon! lol

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

TD won't ever be succesful until he

1) Doesn't let home grown talent leave (Price) because he is an ego maniac

2) Thrives to improve the offensive line with the same vigor he goes after name players with, his biggest shortcoming.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

i will forgive TD completely if Losman comes in and plays like brett farve.. mcgahee looks like bo jackson, and lee evans plays like marvin harrison.

the offensive line is an issue right now.. no question.. but would we even be talking about it if the qb was mobile? i personally dont think so.. not to say that i dont want to see the oline upgraded.. but i am positive that it will look a hell of alot better with a mobile qb.

i like what mcgahee has shown, other than his piss poor effort chasing down that interception yesterday.. with an adequate passing game and an improved oline, and a little more of his jump back.. i could see him being a dominant player.

i like what lee evans has shown. it is obviously tough to gauge a rookie wr.. and it is especially tough to judge them when their qbs are not capable of hitting them in stride or in the numbers on a regular basis. so far though, evans has shown what we had hoped for.. great speed and good hands.

the key is the OL...TD addressed it and failed...he has to again pronto...like this offseason.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                          TD won't ever be succesful until he

1) Doesn't let home grown talent leave (Price) because he is an ego maniac
                          He's an egomaniac because he doesn't want to spend #1 receiver money to two separate players and wanted to spend some money on the defense?
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BiLLSRuLE
                            • Dec 2003

Ya'll got me all excited now

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              He's an egomaniac because he doesn't want to spend #1 receiver money to two separate players and wanted to spend some money on the defense?

I was talking to a Steelers fan today, and he was mentioning what Donahoe did in Pittsburgh which was absolutely correct, and that I remember.
                              They would bring in talent, groom it, get successful, then let them go instead of sign them.
                              Hey Phil, we let Peerless go over ~40 million, and with it went the offense, and signed Shoebel to 26 million.
                              BTW, the cheerleader photographer needs to be relieved more than Drew.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X