PDA

View Full Version : McGahee says he is the starter

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Just heard it on GR.

Ebenezer
10-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Just heard it on GR.
...and from anybody who actually makes decisions??

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2004, 12:05 PM
...and from anybody who actually makes decisions??

They interviewed McGahee and he is the one that said it.

DraftBoy
10-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Anybody else hear it?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Anybody else hear it?

You don't believe me, you bastard.

juice
10-26-2004, 12:36 PM
WM was supposed to be the guest on the Eric Moulds show, did anyone go to the taping of it.. Maybe he made a comment there.

DraftBoy
10-26-2004, 12:47 PM

No I believe you its just that I like to see if anybody else heard it or has a link. Sorry but we've heard things before that turned out to be false, its nothing on you, just we gotta be weary what we take as true or not. Bc it could just be something taken out of context or an actual interview where he said it, who knows. Im seeing if anybody else does.....that and I dont believe you :crazy:

but I am :pray: that Willis is the starter, he deserves it.

muestafa1
10-26-2004, 12:48 PM
I also heard the blurb. "Willis Mcgahee says he is the starter, stay tuned for more information". I had to go back into a training class and therefore couldn't stay tuned :o(

I actually logged on to the zone hoping to get more info on the subject...

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2004, 12:59 PM
He can say all he wants. If it's not coming from the coach, it doesn't mean jack.

I say I'm the Mayor of Funkytown. Does that make me it?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2004, 01:02 PM
http://radio.sportingnews.com/

middle of the page.

DraftBoy
10-26-2004, 01:02 PM
He can say all he wants. If it's not coming from the coach, it doesn't mean jack.

I say I'm the Mayor of Funkytown. Does that make me it?

Only until re-election when we boot your ass from office....Still the comment is the first we have heard him say he is the starter and its a very powerful thing to say to the media, I just hope he's right.

Typ0
10-26-2004, 01:06 PM
This is a mistake. We should let Henry have every carry and limit WM carries. I would expect us to do that right now considering the cost benefit analysis of utilizing the two backs right now. It would even be a risk to allow each back to start in the games they are predictably going to be most efficient because the back that starts next season will have a shot at maintaining the load for the whole season.

DraftBoy
10-26-2004, 01:10 PM
This is a mistake. We should let Henry have every carry and limit WM carries. I would expect us to do that right now considering the cost benefit analysis of utilizing the two backs right now. It would even be a risk to allow each back to start in the games they are predictably going to be most efficient because the back that starts next season will have a shot at maintaining the load for the whole season.

Why? We still arent 100% sure who our starter is for next season, us as fans rant and rave about Willis and Henry but its evident the coaching staff has no idea who they are going to pick. If your talking about for trade value not playing Henry this season does not lower his trade value, imo. He is a proven commodity, one season will not change that.

Turf
10-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Buffalo fans player loyalty amazes me while they're here and screwing up, then when they leave they're bums, and everyone hopes they never play well again, and thanks them for getting out of here.

hurls
10-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Buffalo fans player loyalty amazes me while they're here and screwing up, then when they leave they're bums, and everyone hopes they never play well again, and thanks them for getting out of here.

Not really. Bruce, Thurm and Andre left when we knew they were done, they didn't. So of course we don't wish them to do well, especially against us. They could've retired here as Gods. Money, money, money, they wanted.(bruce's case, a sack record also). Winfield was a money decision, wish we still had him actually. Henry has much of a future left, it's just plain it's not in Buffalo. So I don't think you can call out negativity there. Most is warranted.

BAM
10-26-2004, 08:37 PM
This is nuts.

hurls
10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
This is nuts.

Still sticking to Henry?

BAM
10-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Nah, I'm just saying... How all this came about is nuts. Before the season, everybody was all over Henry's jock, saying to put Willis in would be a mistake, me included.

Now for some reason, it seems like an good idea putting Willis in. I guess since nothing else is working, we might as well.

juice
10-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Why? We still arent 100% sure who our starter is for next season, us as fans rant and rave about Willis and Henry but its evident the coaching staff has no idea who they are going to pick. If your talking about for trade value not playing Henry this season does not lower his trade value, imo. He is a proven commodity, one season will not change that.
Your in Denial.. Travis has topped out, Willis has the intangables that give him superstar potential.

I'm sure being a backup on a losing squad wont be listed atop his Resume.. I think the coaches will announce their pick for next year at the 3:30 press conference.

We should've traded Henry to the Phins in pre-season for their 1st rounder.. Now he's worthless.

hurls
10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Nah, I'm just saying... How all this came about is nuts. Before the season, everybody was all over Henry's jock, saying to put Willis in would be a mistake, me included.

Now for some reason, it seems like an good idea putting Willis in. I guess since nothing else is working, we might as well.

Yeah, got ya there. I always thought run TH till Willis showed he was ready. He's ready, and Henry's fading. I feel sorry for Henry though, after what he has done in the past for us(especially injured), but I said before, "What have you done for me lately?" In all honesty, we're not gonna win a title with him, so it's best we get what we can. I wish him the best, not against us or Dallas, but his time here is over. Not with this O-Line.

DraftBoy
10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Your in Denial.. Travis has topped out, Willis has the intangables that give him superstar potential.

I'm sure being a backup on a losing squad wont be listed atop his Resume.. I think the coaches will announce their pick for next year at the 3:30 press conference.

We should've traded Henry to the Phins in pre-season for their 1st rounder.. Now he's worthless.

Where are you getting these things from? I want Willis to be the starter, can you show me where I posted diffrently. You take a quote from me where I was replying to typ0 saying Henry should get all the carries. Trading Henry in the offseason woulda been ******ed bc the season is not over yet. Henry could start next Sunday bsut out for 250 and better his trade value then what do you say? The Phins never, and let me repeat this for you, NEVER woulda dealt us their first rounder for Henry, if you think diffrently your in denial.

juice
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Where are you getting these things from? I want Willis to be the starter, can you show me where I posted diffrently. You take a quote from me where I was replying to typ0 saying Henry should get all the carries. Trading Henry in the offseason woulda been ******ed bc the season is not over yet. Henry could start next Sunday bsut out for 250 and better his trade value then what do you say? The Phins never, and let me repeat this for you, NEVER woulda dealt us their first rounder for Henry, if you think diffrently your in denial.
You honestly dont think MIA would've given up their 1st to salvage this pathetic season.. with Wannstedt's job on the line I think his vote would've been YES.

hurls
10-26-2004, 09:38 PM
You honestly dont think MIA would've given up their 1st to salvage this pathetic season.. with Wannstedt's job on the line I think his vote would've been YES.

A 1st rounder for an injury prone RB who fumbles? :scratch:

TigerJ
10-26-2004, 09:42 PM
I've always assumed it was just a matter of time before WM started. The only question was how much time. I figured it could be anywhere from mid-season this year to the start of next season. WM is a little precocious I guess.

hurls
10-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Exactly right as usual TigerJ. And precocious? He's downright t'd off by now. :D Can't wait to have this jersey start paying dividends. I was laughed at last week wearing Roy Williams' #31. :(

Jayhawk
10-26-2004, 09:47 PM
bugger that, no one is that stupid to do that. we have the dumb gm

juice
10-26-2004, 10:18 PM
In the desperate situation they were in Wanny would've given up his left nut.. and if you ask the defense they would've still taken Ricky the stoner back not to waste another year void of the possibility of a playoff birth.

hurls
10-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Maybe, but Sammy Morris is doing ok

Turf
10-26-2004, 10:45 PM
McGahee also gave me the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow.
I'll be buying the Bills soon, your worries are over. If you're nice to me I might make you management.

Hemlepp53
10-26-2004, 11:01 PM

LOL.. that actully made me crack up laughing...

Hemlepp53
10-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Maybe, but Sammy Morris is doing ok

Sammy is looking damned good... Impressed to be honest!!!

juice
10-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Sammy is looking damned good... Impressed to be honest!!!
We made Morris look like Sticky Ricky in the Phins game.. I liked him with the Bills, he was a nice combination of size and speed.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Anybody else hear it?

Yes I heard it Ed Kilgore of Ch. 2 WGRZ reported it tonight on sports and I also heard it on ESR at 11:30

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Bills running back Willis McGahee told a national radio network that he expects to get the second start of his career when Buffalo hosts Arizona this weekend.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=23877

Demon
10-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Travis Henry's value has fallen off the earth. I remember the hours, days and months after we picked Willis McGahee, we all said life is great, we'll have Willis leading the way and deal Henry for a top 10 pick and make ourselfs a power house....... i believed it too, and well, if we deal Henry right now, whats the best we can get? 3rd round pick? 4th rounder..........

mybills
10-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Henry lost that 'fumble' nick name a long time ago. And as for injury prone, he played WITH a cracked leg, and STILL carried this team. I can't believe people (not just you) are trashing Henry the way they are. No matter who is our RB, they aren't going to look good with a crappy OL. How 'bout an OL that opens holes, that gave Henry all those yrds he got before..remember that? Some people don't.
So Willis starts, and I wish him great #'s behind this pathetic OL. I don't wish Travis any ill will. If I did, I'd sound as pathetic as 1-5.

DraftBoy
10-27-2004, 11:52 AM

Since when do coaches make personell decisions in today's NFL. That has come and gone. Wanny has no vote, good to see you know how the front office works.

DraftBoy
10-27-2004, 11:55 AM
No matter who is our RB, they aren't going to look good with a crappy OL. How 'bout an OL that opens holes, that gave Henry all those yrds he got before..remember that? Some people don't.
So Willis starts, and I wish him great #'s behind this pathetic OL. I don't wish Travis any ill will. If I did, I'd sound as pathetic as 1-5.

How exactly has the OL changed for the worse unless your with Juice with his point that Rueben Brown is god. I dont see much or any turnover of it, so why is Henry not producing like he has in past years?