PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre's wife has breast cancer

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-27-2004, 12:11 AM
What else can this man go through?

Deanna Favre was recently released from Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York after undergoing a lumpectomy, Bonita Favre, the quarterback's mother, told The Sun Herald on Monday.
Deanna Farve will undergo chemotherapy treatments which could last up to five months and is expected to make a full recovery, Bonita Favre said.

The Packers had no comment on the matter, and Brett Favre was unavailable Tuesday. He usually addresses the media on Wednesdays.

It has been a difficult year for the Favre family. In December, Brett's father, Irvin, died from a heart attack. Deanna's brother, Casey Tynes, 24, was killed three weeks ago in an ATV accident on Brett Favre's property near his home in Oak Grove.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3112938

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Geesh. Does this poor guy ever get any breaks? :(

juice
10-27-2004, 12:15 AM
This might make it official with the way their season is going.. Brett's farewell tour.. After his father's death last year I think he may be looking to spend more time with the ones he loves.

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Life is very strange. A great guy like Favre gets put through all this misery yet a guy like Michael Irvin seems to just skate through. :cynic:

shelby
10-27-2004, 04:19 AM
:(

Turf
10-27-2004, 06:34 AM
If you look at when he found out, then recall that horrible game he had afterwards it all makes sense.

mybills
10-27-2004, 07:49 AM
mybills :pet: Brett

Jayhawk
10-27-2004, 07:53 AM
DAMNIT, WHY HIM? i mean ****, he seems like a very good guy, who loves what he is doing, and is living more or less his dream. Why does he deserve this. Why can't someone like Chris webber have something like this happen to him.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-27-2004, 08:16 AM
If there is an upside, I had heard that it is likely that they can get it because it was diagnosed so soon. You can only hope.

TigerJ
10-27-2004, 08:17 AM
I agree that this is a lot for one family to go through, though Favre is definitely not the most snake bitten guy in the world. A decade ago, my mother lost her husband and her mother in the space of three months (my dad and grandmother). It was a hard time, but she (and we) all survived and have had good lives since then.

The other thing I would have us keep in mind is that she is expected to make a full recovery according to the news report, so let's not behave as this is terminal. If the Favre's were personal acquaintances, they would not want our pity. Instead they would want upbeat encouragement. It's not that I'm unsympathetic. I really do admire Favre for his career, and the way he played through grief after the death of his dad to have a career type game. But let's keep things in perspective here. The world is full of people who have gone through as much or more than the Favre family. Whether or not Favre retires, I have no idea, and I would respect his decision either way. In any case, I'm betting they'll beat this cancer hand have many more good years left

NC-BILLS44
10-27-2004, 03:45 PM
My prayers are with Deanna, Brett and their family.

FYI- Brett was born 2 days after me 10/10/69 and my daughter's name is Deanna. Weird?!?