OK, Dallas will most likely get a top 3 pick from us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

OK, Dallas will most likely get a top 3 pick from us...

What is the damage done by this? Does this draft have any guaranteed superstars in the top 5 spots? I've read where some folks have said this is a weak draft.

I would hate for the next Bruce Smith to be in this draft and we passed up a chance at him.

What are the prospects for the 2005 draft?
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
    What is the damage done by this? Does this draft have any guaranteed superstars in the top 5 spots? I've read where some folks have said this is a weak draft.

I would hate for the next Bruce Smith to be in this draft and we passed up a chance at him.

I could deal with not having that pick alot better if Losman turns out to be the next Brett Favre throwing to Evans, the next Marvin Harrison.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Icer
      • Aug 2004

QB wise, Rodgers is probably the best QB prospect

OL, Alex Barron is probably the best Tackle prospect

CB, Antrel Rolle has great play making ability, although his 40 time leaves a little to be desired

LB, Derrick Johnson is a beast

WR, Mike Williams

Those are a few of the cant-miss prospects

Comment

• Kenny
        • Aug 2004

It's hard to say, but here's some of the better players that might go top10:
        WR Mike Williams
        CB Antrel Rolle
        QB Aaron Rodgers
        LB Derrick Johnson (I actually think he was better than both Williams and Vilma)
        RB Carnel 'Cadillac' Williams

There's also DE Pollack, and RB Cedric Benson, QB Kyle Orton, QB Matt Leinhart

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Icer
          QB wise, Rodgers is probably the best QB prospect

OL, Alex Barron is probably the best Tackle prospect

CB, Antrel Rolle has great play making ability, although his 40 time leaves a little to be desired

LB, Derrick Johnson is a beast

WR, Mike Williams

Those are a few of the cant-miss prospects

Mike Williams would have most likely been our pick if was ruled eligible for the 2004 draft.

Can't really see us going WR again however, so he wouldn't be an option.

How does Rodgers stack up against Losman? Haven't heard much about him (nor have I been listening, to be honest).

Any stud safeties this year that would have been a top 5ish pick?

That is our biggest weakness we need to address.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Our biggest weakness is the oline. We need to use our first 2 picks on a C and LT imo, unless there is some kind of FA move beforehand. I don't want to see JP have to run for his life every snap.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

or have to hold on to the ball
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

Let’s hold up on the top 3 talk, As of right now 13 teams have 1 or 2 wins! That’s almost half the league! Not to mention 5 more teams have 3 wins (including Houston and Cleveland who are capable of meltdowns)
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

yeah but our oline and our qb aint exactly helping the cause.
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

The Bills will have to take a tackle, since J. Jennings will most likely be gone. So I like the prospects:

J. Brown, Oklahoma
                    Mike Munoz, Tennesee
                    Andrew Withworth, LSU (junior)
                    Alex Barron, Florida St.
                    There is another guy from Alabama that is great but his name slips my mind right now.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

this is your list of top guys on the oline available in the draft at this point... there are sure to be some guys missing..

and dont forget.. even the best of the best at the center position typicaly dont go until very late 1st round, to mid 2nd round.. just the way it is.. centers are not considered that big a catch for the oline (although i disagree competely)... so all these centers are within our reach right now.. also, some of the guards have center experience and vice versa.

Centers
                      Matt Brock Oregon St. 6-2 301 Sr
                      Jason Brown North Carolina 6-3 318 Sr
                      Vince Carter Oklahoma 6-3 289 Sr
                      Jason Glynn Texas 6-2 275 Sr
                      Ben Wilkerson LSU 6-4 300 Sr

Guards

David Baas Michigan 6-5 314 Sr
                      C.J. Brooks Maryland 6-6 316 Sr
                      Elton Brown Virginia 6-6 333 Sr
                      Chris Myers Miami (Fla.) 6-5 283 Sr
                      Claude Terrell New Mexico 6-3 330 Sr

Tackles
                      Alex Barron Florida St. 6-6 316 Sr
                      Wesley Britt Alabama 6-8 315 Sr
                      Jammal Brown Oklahoma 6-6 313 Sr
                      Nick Kaczur Toledo 6-5 320 Sr
                      Michael Munoz Tennessee 6-6 305 Sr

as far as other guys off the top of my head.. the best wr in college football right now is (in my humble opinion) braylon edwards of michigan... mike williams is a close second, mainly because he is not playing, so who knows how he will come back.

there are tons of good rbs..

- Cedric Benson (overrated, plays big against the little guys, but not soo good against the tough competition),
                      - Cadillac Williams (beast from auburn and best rb in this class, would have been a high first rounder last year),
                      - TA Mclendon (big bruiser from NC State, same mould as bettis, but gets dinged up alot),
                      - Darren Sproles (small back from Kstate, with incredible skills.. will fall because of his size of 5-7 and 170, but i would love to have this guy backing up mcgahee when henry gets traded... he is going to be a good back, but will probably end up like a kevin faulk type guy)
                      - Maurice Clarett - dont forget about him.
                      - Marion Barber - i love this kid from Minnesota.. he splits time there because they have two incredible rbs.. but he is awesome..

TONS of good rbs.. imho.

TEs -
                      heath miller is in a class of his own.. virginia TE.. shockey-esque
                      kevin everett is slightly behind him.. another Miami TE.. they are all good.

QBs - personally.. i dont think that any of the qbs represent a much bigger upgrade over what Losman provides.. Losmans knock was his attitude.. and he has obviously been the good little soldier since he got here. Losman has all the intangibles... there is no one in this draft class that has a much stronger arm (down the field or able to make all the throws) or is much more mobile.. and imho, Losman is still the best COMBINATION of those two things.. plus, he will already have his rookie year out of the way and be ready to play next year, no question.

but Rodgers and Orton are the best. I personally would take Orton.. i just like the guy, and he has improved tremendously over his time in school. 22 tds and 3 ints this year. he doesnt turn the ball over.. gotta like that, and he is not surrounded with as much talent as Rodgers is.. but both are good. Rodgers is a Jr.

There is also Leinart (usc, JR), David Greene (georgia, SR, OVERATED) and Walters (arizona st., SR), Orlovsky (UConn, sr, i like him alot).

I am not going to go over the DTs - there are a good amount of solid prospects, but hopefully we resign pat willams.. and with anderson, edwards, and bannan.. we have 5 that are more than enough.

i am not going to go over DEs either.. i dont see any way that they spend another high draft pick with 3 second round picks on the roster... schobel just resigned.. they are not dumping first round money into that spot.. and kelsay has been solid this year.. and actually, so has denny.. hopefully we see ritzman some before years end.

Linebackers are another spot that i think we have plenty of talent with crowell and stamer backing up the big three.. no need to list those..

FREE SAFETY! -
                      - Thomas Davis is a junior at Georgia, but my favorite prospect.. it is tough to tell where he is going to go.. depends obviously on his stats by years end.. but he is within our reach.. i think he will come out.
                      - Josh Bullocks is another JR that i think will come out.. i like this kid alot too.. Nebraska guy
                      - James Butler is georgia tech.. you can see him play on thursday night against my boys VA tech. he is big, 6-3, 210.. good prospect.. senior.. but i have a bad taste in my mouth with georgia tech safeties after the tavaris tillman pick.
                      - Jim Leonhard is a wisconsin safety that is small, and will probably be moved to CB... much like terrance mcgee.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Orton is a taller Drew Brees. I'm not sure he has the gun.

Maybe we can draft a tackle and make him a center.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          Orton is a taller Drew Brees. I'm not sure he has the gun.

Maybe we can draft a tackle and make him a center.
                          more so that breese.. think rivers.

and this ought to make people happy.. found this..

(1:00 PM): 2005 selection order note... As several readers have correctly noted, Dallas would actually have the 4th pick overall (BUFFALO) if the 2005 draft were held today; the Cowboys, of course, acquired Buffalo's #1 pick at the upcoming draft as part of a 2004 draft day deal. In fact, in addition to the 4th pick overall, the Cowboys would also have the 12th pick if the 2005 draft were held today.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            more so that breese.. think rivers.

and this ought to make people happy.. found this..

(1:00 PM): 2005 selection order note... As several readers have correctly noted, Dallas would actually have the 4th pick overall (BUFFALO) if the 2005 draft were held today; the Cowboys, of course, acquired Buffalo's #1 pick at the upcoming draft as part of a 2004 draft day deal. In fact, in addition to the 4th pick overall, the Cowboys would also have the 12th pick if the 2005 draft were held today.

That Cowboy team is AWFUL! Thier pick will be much higher than 12, They Boys should have 2 in the top 10 if not Top 7!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Uh oh, here we go again with another QB you like and I don't like. Orton is not all that. Leinart said that he will most likely stay for another year.

Comment

Working...
                              X