X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

I heard Sam Gash this morning and he said

the Bills have become the laughing stock of the league. What a shame that a once mighty team has been turned into this.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Do you think 4 leaf clovers would grow at the Ralph?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Sour grapes.

Comment

• superbills
        • Mar 2003

Where did you hear this Ghost? Just curious if he cited some specifics, or if it's his own observation from things he's seen and heard.

Gash is on weekly with Shopp and the Bulldog on WGR and he usually has some pretty fair comments about the team, good and bad, but nothing sounds like "sour grapes". He may be right that we're the laughing stock of the league, but I doubt it's a personal thing with him.
        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
        Ronald Reagan
        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

Originally posted by superbills
          Where did you hear this Ghost? Just curious if he cited some specifics, or if it's his own observation from things he's seen and heard.

Gash is on weekly with Shopp and the Bulldog on WGR and he usually has some pretty fair comments about the team, good and bad, but nothing sounds like "sour grapes". He may be right that we're the laughing stock of the league, but I doubt it's a personal thing with him.
          I was listening to those guys on GR this morning and he was on there. Someone called in and said something like, "have the Bills become the Arizona Cardinals", without missing a beat he said yeah, and then what I posted. He also said that teams used to fear going to Buffalo but not anymore. He thought that teams actually felt it would be an easy win.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

wow.. that makes me feel so warm inside..
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

oh wait.. i feel warm inside because i am gonna..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                I was listening to those guys on GR this morning and he was on there. Someone called in and said something like, "have the Bills become the Arizona Cardinals", without missing a beat he said yeah, and then what I posted. He also said that teams used to fear going to Buffalo but not anymore. He thought that teams actually felt it would be an easy win.
                Ouch. You can't help but long for the days when playing at home was virtually a guaranteed win. Everyone hated coming to Rich stadium because they know it would be hostile, and they would most likely lose. Now we're schedule fodder. Something to do until you get to a meaningful matchup the week after your practice game in Buffalo.
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                  • May 2003

Wow...talk about disheartening. Makes me want to stop watching this f**king game altogether!

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Take it with a grain of salt. Like EE said "sour grapes." Don't forget that the fans were also part of the reason that opposing teams dreaded coming to town. Now we boo our own guys because we don't like a call, or who's starting, etc. I know the team has been on a serious downslide, but I noticed a world of difference when I came home for the Jax game this year. The energy is not what it was. The losing has definitely trickled onto the "best fans in the nfl" in a serious way.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Take it with a grain of salt. Like EE said "sour grapes." Don't forget that the fans were also part of the reason that opposing teams dreaded coming to town. Now we boo our own guys because we don't like a call, or who's starting, etc. I know the team has been on a serious downslide, but I noticed a world of difference when I came home for the Jax game this year. The energy is not what it was. The losing has definitely trickled onto the "best fans in the nfl" in a serious way.

i know.. it is kinda crazy.. teams like the texans all the sudden have that energy an their place is quickly becoming a tough place to play.. and ralph is turning into nothing to worry about.. shame..

the face of the nfl is really changing.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        the face of the nfl is really changing.
                        It really does sadden me.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

just wait..

this next decade will really be crazy.. watch farve retire.. and green bay falls to hell.. dante culpepper turns into the next dan marino.. and randy moss kills all of jerry rices records.. and buffalo still probably wont have a superbowl win.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TedMock
                            The energy is not what it was.
                            Maybe because now when you go to a game everybody is so PC you can't yell out "YOU SUCK BLEDSOE" without some angry housemom turning around and telling you to sit down because she brought 27 boy scouts to the game... that and the addition of luxury boxes and higher ticket prices which allow for people who aren't necessarily fans to fill up all the good seats leaving many of the real fans with nosebleed section seats.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I agree with Sam.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X